Jump to content

The grumpy thread


outlaw118

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, MikeR said:

parking at work came to a new level when I blocked in some cars with the mini bus .... 

and one of the cars was on the pavement ..........so we took pictures , and they complained about US the next day  !!

  so the head saw his arse and now ...

all cars are banned from parking in that area  , and yellow lines are being installed along with some signs ..

now that picture of the offending car .... should I post it ?

Yes

Edited by New POD
Ps happy birthday
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Richard said:

Fuck off you massive twat. 

 

I am suggesting that people who repeatedly post videos pointing out other people's shit driving are generally not the best drivers themselves. I don't think he deliberately escalated the accident, he probably thinks he didn't do anything wrong. 

I am not disputing that there was bad driving on the woman's part, just pointing out that there was bad driving from the BMW driver too. For the benefit of the capital letters wanker up there that's what discussion is.

And we're all telling that is wrong. I don't understand why you're so keen to defend the women when the fault is so utterly and very obviously hers. Was that your wife driving or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MikeR said:

parking at work came to a new level when I blocked in some cars with the mini bus .... 

and one of the cars was on the pavement ..........so we took pictures , and they complained about US the next day  !!

  so the head saw his arse and now ...

all cars are banned from parking in that area  , and yellow lines are being installed along with some signs ..

now that picture of the offending car .... should I post it ?

Parking at my work is absolutely unbelievable - it’s a bit short on spaces for the number of people they’ve crammed in, granted, but the amount of times I see people abandon their car on verges / hatched markings / pavements / etc etc early in the morning when there are plenty of spaces just feet away beggars belief. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why are some people’s priorities all to cock? Given we are in the midst of Storm whatever it’s called the roof panels on the porch are lifting, they want some roofing screws putting in, or in all likelihood they’ll blow off (no I didn’t fit them, the guy who lived here before...). The wife has absolutely no interest in the actual building being kept in a half decent state, time doing that is a waste of time apparently. The inside of the house, yes that’s kept good but so long as it looks ok it could be falling to bits underneath the veneer. The chimney needs repointing, I’m half the mind to leave it until it falls through the ceiling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I left Tescos in November after 16 years of employment. I got to thinking about the retirement pension I had which is run by Legal & General. I'm not paying into it any more, and neither is Tesco, so it's just dead really.

My idea is to draw the lot out and put it into an account where Mrs Tet has access to it, should anything happen to me. So, with that in mind I phoned L&G. Sure, no problem, we'll send you the appropriate form out. This was on the 31st Feb. Still no form. Phoned them. Yes, they are sending the form out out. Still no form, apparently it takes TEN working days to get this form out. If it doesn't arrive Monday, then another phone call will be outgoing, maybe not quite so polite this time though. Sodding ridiculous. TEN days to get a piece of paper in the post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tetleysmooth said:

..... Still no form, apparently it takes TEN working days to get this form out. If it doesn't arrive Monday, then another phone call will be outgoing, maybe not quite so polite this time though. Sodding ridiculous. TEN days to get a piece of paper in the post.

Ten working days = 2 weeks, so 14 calendar days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a slight damp problem :( 

Went to let the dogs out for a wee (the very same dogs that had spent the entire day refusing to go out because of 80mph winds and sideways rain) and got wet feet as I walked towards the door. Yup, carpet is soaked for about 6 feet into the flat as the door has leaked a bit... well, the seal or something. I now have no dry towels and my electric meter is going round like it's trying to fly as I have a variety of heaters trying to dry the bastard carpets out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today as I drove north over the Thelwall viaduct ..

the 50mph signs were flashing

the strong wind sign was on .

I could see the blue sky above winter hill in the distance ..

the radio mast was visible shining high above the hill

...providing my radio with all the splurge about storm Denis and how to stay indoors , dont travel , blah blah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, xtriple said:

I have a slight damp problem :( 

Went to let the dogs out for a wee (the very same dogs that had spent the entire day refusing to go out because of 80mph winds and sideways rain) and got wet feet as I walked towards the door. Yup, carpet is soaked for about 6 feet into the flat as the door has leaked a bit... well, the seal or something. I now have no dry towels and my electric meter is going round like it's trying to fly as I have a variety of heaters trying to dry the bastard carpets out.

I admit, I thought it was a personal health issue to start with ;-).

7am this morning, I opened the curtains to the patio doors in the bedroom and had a face full of rain which was blowing up from the transom window which is open about 2mm.

Hope you get dry, can you hire a machine from hss?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

On 2/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, Sir Snipes said:

And we're all telling that is wrong. I don't understand why you're so keen to defend the women when the fault is so utterly and very obviously hers. Was that your wife driving or something?

I am not defending the woman in any way, I don't know how you could think that I was, although you seem to think that she hit his door when he clearly hit her car, so maybe you aren't very good at understanding what you see.

What I saw was BMW pootling along the road at 20ish mph, possibly on cruise. He also appears to be going up the middle of the road, but that might just be the camera angle. A driver approaches a Give Way from the right at some speed. The camera doesn't see it until the last moment because it is in a fixed position, but the driver's eyes and head can move so he would have seen it coming if he had bothered to look. After hitting the VW without losing any speed at all he continues, still at the same speed until he careers into a parked car.  Was he planning to just keep going until his battery ran out?

A competent driver would think "oh, that car looks as if it's not going to stop, I'd better brake or at least prepare to brake." He didn't do this, in fact it looks as if his cruise control was still engaged when he blundered into an entirely innocent party's car that wasn't even in the same street. There wasn't even any kind of exclamation, which is why I suspect he wasn't even awake.

The BMW driver seems to be a motorcyclist too, but he won't be for long if that 's the standard of his observation and reaction.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think given the speed she came through the T junction at, it's entirely possible she was out of the field of vision until far too late, at which point the only worthwhile reaction would have been to carry on and hope to be past before she got though.

 

After impact I've no idea if having the brakes on would have much effect since he appeared to be mostly spinning.  

 

Don't disagree he's probably a twat, most dash cam posters are, but I don't think he had a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could well be right, we'll never know for sure. The complete lack of any kind of reaction, futile or otherwise, from him suggests to me that he wasn't paying attention though. I'm not suggesting that he was in any way responsible for the situation arising, I just feel that he could have dealt with it better. He certainly couldn't have dealt with it any worse.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will add my opinion as it's as valid as anyone else's. I think he was hard on the brakes after the crash as you can hear the swooshing sound of the tyres trying to remain stationary as momentum moves the car. We will never know though so guessing is fun, but pointless!  Either way it really wasn't his fault and he certainly didn't deserve the tirade from the other driver and remained remarkably calm despite her. Not sure I would have!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some selfish cunt has smacked into the bumper of the 407 that I've borrowed from a mate. Must have known they hit it as it has snapped off all the lugs from the other side of the bumper and rear diffuser. Concerned that on the way to my mates paint shop something will fall off.

What's wrong with people not taking responsibility for their actions?  Wankers.

20200217_111219.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Crackers said:

Apparently, our branch's overtime budget has just been wiped by HQ, for the next 4 weeks.

Guess who works twice their contracted hours and relies on that overtime for my income?

And I was just gearing up for a vehicular purchase, too.

It's shite

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, sierraman said:

Why are some people’s priorities all to cock? Given we are in the midst of Storm whatever it’s called the roof panels on the porch are lifting, they want some roofing screws putting in, or in all likelihood they’ll blow off (no I didn’t fit them, the guy who lived here before...). The wife has absolutely no interest in the actual building being kept in a half decent state, time doing that is a waste of time apparently. The inside of the house, yes that’s kept good but so long as it looks ok it could be falling to bits underneath the veneer. The chimney needs repointing, I’m half the mind to leave it until it falls through the ceiling. 

Do you get the feeling that when you are doing DIY it's treated as "MY Time".  You are resented for not giving her 100% attention.?  Same as servicing the car.  Or mowing the lawn. It's obvious those things are your hobby. Like if you went fishing. 

Last summer I spent £ 250 and a whole weekend fixing the garage roof, so that it doesnt rain in. Was made to feel that i had been purposefully ignoring her with my new found woodworking hobby. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2020 at 11:51 AM, somewhatfoolish said:

It's 2020; there's no fucking excuse for forms to not be available as PDFs or whatever and arrive in your in-box toot sweet.

I had this with virgin money. And when i said "would it be easier for you to email.the forms" they arrived 3 hours later in my in box. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, New POD said:

Do you get the feeling that when you are doing DIY it's treated as "MY Time".  You are resented for not giving her 100% attention.?  Same as servicing the car.  Or mowing the lawn. It's obvious those things are your hobby. Like if you went fishing. 

Last summer I spent £ 250 and a whole weekend fixing the garage roof, so that it doesnt rain in. Was made to feel that i had been purposefully ignoring her with my new found woodworking hobby. 

Climbing on the roof on a Sunday morning to fire some Tek screws into the roof to stop it blowing off is just sheer indulgence. I don’t think they realise how much work it is to actually keep the fabric of the building in good shape. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mrs6C changed the title to The grumpy thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...