The grumpy thread

outlaw118

my insurance renewal has doubled since I got three naughty boy points on my previously clean for thirty years license :( 

I was expecting a bit of a hike but 100% is taking the piss, direct line can shove it

(using the meerkats, I can get it back closer to normal but it's with an outfit called Go Skippy who get shocking reviews)

11 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

Today I am annoyed by procrastination.

If I hadnt decided to ignore that midly irritating tap since I changed the oil because the fucking picky car needs a different grade to stop it ticking when cold and its  pissing wet and below zero and excuse after excuse.....

Well, i wouldn't be sitting for a big yellow taxi an wondering where I put my spark plug thread repair kit.

After all, why do today what can be left to bite you on the arse tomorrow?

After fitting a plug repair core, just like last time and checking with my second best bore-cam I declared it clean enough,  fixed and cranked it over and thats the point the engine appears to have seized solid.

Going to hang my fucking spanners up for a while.

This is all because I got pissed off with Crickely Hill, the spirits decided I was next.

5 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Oh, and now I've started, idiots who sit in traffic queues with their foot firmly planted on the brakes so their 50,000 brake LED's blind anyone behind them. You'd think handbrakes had never been invented.

I admit I use the brake pedal when in stop start traffic/traffic lights when waiting, because I feel like by the time iv got the handbrake on and the car out of gear, traffic will start moving again, and then all the impatient drivers will barge around me as I disengage the hand brake and put it back into gear

(it doesn't help that its some silly modern electronic hand brake that takes about what feels like 300 years to actually do something once you have pulled the little finger operated lever up or pushed it down to disengage it)

ah the fun of driving in central London! does it qualify me for an exemption? LOL 

Also eBay sellers.  Ordered a pair of part worns for the Alfa.  They were advertised as having 4mm of tread.  They turned up today - one is fine but one is shit - almost down to the wear markers on the outer edges, I'd be embarrassed to take it to the local tyre place to be fitted.  I'm going to have to request a refund for that one and then see if I can find a single tyre of the same type on eBay, which will probably be more expensive.  Why do people sell stuff that blatantly isn't as advertised - do they think buyers are just going to say "oh dear, what a shame, never mind" and forget about it?

18 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Could have been worse. Could have been Mumford & Sons....

You know when you walk into a bar and hear a song on the jukebox that takes you do another place? Mumford and sons do that for me. They make me neck my pint and go to another bar.

11 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Scared rabbits who tap their brakes every time a car comes towards them in the dark. In town, 30mph, streetlights on. Oh, and now I've started, idiots who sit in traffic queues with their foot firmly planted on the brakes so their 50,000 brake LED's blind anyone behind them. You'd think handbrakes had never been invented.

I just sit behind them with my high beam on. You can see them looking in the rear view mirror thinking wtf!?

Again every time they tap they're brakes just give them a flash.

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I admit I use the brake pedal when in stop start traffic/traffic lights when waiting, because I feel like by the time iv got the handbrake on and the car out of gear, traffic will start moving again, and then all the impatient drivers will barge around me as I disengage the hand brake and put it back into gear

(it doesn't help that its some silly modern electronic hand brake that takes about what feels like 300 years to actually do something once you have pulled the little finger operated lever up or pushed it down to disengage it)

ah the fun of driving in central London! does it qualify me for an exemption? LOL 

You don't need to take it out of gear to put the handbrake on, nor should you need to disengage the handbrake- that's the point of electric handbrakes, they release for you when you try to drive off

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

I just sit behind them with my high beam on. You can see them looking in the rear view mirror thinking wtf!?

Again every time they tap they're brakes just give them a flash.

Don't understand why you would do that to be honest as its a bit knobbish, my daughter is not the most confident driver and does brake a lot for corners and oncoming cars and to have a plank in a van constantly flashing her would really piss me off as it would upset her, I also sit with the brakes on in my auto, its life, most people do, get over it, I have an auto dipping rear mirror and a rear sun blind, you can sit your your main beam on as much as you like :)

13 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Scared rabbits who tap their brakes every time a car comes towards them in the dark. In town, 30mph, streetlights on. Oh, and now I've started, idiots who sit in traffic queues with their foot firmly planted on the brakes so their 50,000 brake LED's blind anyone behind them. You'd think handbrakes had never been invented.

Dickhead. 

Just chill. Life is too fucking short to be pissing half the rest of the world off. 

Just because you are the next Colin McRae doesn't mean you need to be a dick. 

To be fair I sit with my foot on the brake, because the hand brake on my auto used to be a bit shit.  I fixed it but being an auto I don't need it for hill starts. 

12 hours ago, LostnotFound said:

If they can invent a car that can drive itself, why can't the car just lower the intensity of the brake lights if they're on while stationary and the parking sensors can detect something behind it?

Rear parking sensors are active once reverse is engaged.

3 hours ago, New POD said:

Dickhead. 

Just chill. Life is too fucking short to be pissing half the rest of the world off. 

Just because you are the next Colin McRae doesn't mean you need to be a dick. 

To be fair I sit with my foot on the brake, because the hand brake on my auto used to be a bit shit.  I fixed it but being an auto I don't need it for hill starts. 

I'm a dickhead for grumping about drivers who are unconfident or inconsiderate and  fail to drive correctly? 

29 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

FFS bid on and won a Miele Cat and Dog turbo head for a customer nearly 2 weeks ago. 'it' turned up today but 'it' is a completely different floor head.

If I wasn't so skint I'd not mind as much, but I am skint so a suitably pissed off message has been sent to the seller...

There was me imagining the turbo head with Disney cats and dogs moulded on to it.

Stupid thing is I have one - somewhere.

Renault fitted one to my Laguna that started to release as you drove off, and finished it's thing maybe 20 yards up the road... I remember near stalling it once as I made a quick getaway from somewhere and turned the car on, knocked it into D and floored it roughly at the same time, confused the shit out of it.

I became one of those wankers that sat on the brakes, or knocked it into P through TEH FEAR for most of my ownership, a certain Vel Shatis has taught me that was a good idea

35 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Renault fitted one to my Laguna that started to release as you drove off, and finished it's thing maybe 20 yards up the road... I remember near stalling it once as I made a quick getaway from somewhere and turned the car on, knocked it into D and floored it roughly at the same time, confused the shit out of it.

I became one of those wankers that sat on the brakes, or knocked it into P through TEH FEAR for most of my ownership, a certain Vel Shatis has taught me that was a good idea

The Renault system is actually very good unless you try to take off super quickly, IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

The Renault system is actually very good unless you try to take off super quickly, IMO. 

Yep, once you get used to going into D then waiting for the sound to start then pull away normally it's fine. Racing at the lights though, pain in the bum

In my efforts to get everything bought and paid for for the upcoming celebration of our Lords birth, a celebration whic appears to get more ridiculous and ott each and every year, I have just been to 'Pets At Home' and bought a few bits for the mutts. I mean only one carrier bag this year when normally it's two... £56 for fuck all! I was so surprised I nearly let out a little whimper at the attractive young lady on the counter. I know they charge like wounded rhinos but I expected about £30...

I got home and read the e-mails and there's a bill for import duty waiting for me. Great except it's for something I no longer want, have already over paid for and been ripped off on postage (£77 post!) I was seriously tempted to just write it off and not pay the duty.

But did.

Oh and the very worst thing of all: I booted fook out of the car from a junction and the bloody 'Nanny state' that MB insist on killed the potentially epic amount of oversteer I was just looking forward to, still, sounded good though :)  I am such a child.