The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I was made redundant yesterday. I saw it coming months ago, but I still didn't think to stop working so bloody hard to make the business a sucess.

It's crap to get shat on.

Sorry to hear that mate. :(

Thats partly why I went self employed - fed up of employers who couldn't give a toss and treated their employees as merely expendable units who could easily be replaced and therefore there was no real need to look after them.

Sorry to hear that too Volksy :(

Today is the day that all the hot rods and custom cars desent on sunny old Ipswich for the Nats at the showground, sadly someones weekend hasn't started so well, It's hard to see from this photo but it's a old 50's rod sitting there at the front. :cry:

Posted Image

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/news/five_ ... 4_1_612815

Maybe it was someone filming a remake of BMX Bandits?.

It's not like the Evening start to get it wrong though, The other month after someone got electrocuted and killed after breaking into a power substation the headline read 'MAN CHARGED AFTER ELECTROCUTION'.

employers who couldn't give a toss and treated their employees as merely expendable units who could easily be replaced and therefore there was no real need to look after them.

Is there any other variety of employer?

Volksy, you have my sympathy, it is indeed horrible to be the (usually only) person still trying. And you still get dumped-on. We never learn.

Totally unconnected: my Lexmark all-in-one has just printed about 20 pages with a new "compatible" from Cartridge World and now suddenly decided it doesn't like the CW ink, or something. Of course I'm dealing with important business documents, so I had to put the old out-of-ink Lexmark cartridge back in, and it printed 3 pages no trouble, although not as dark as they could be. So now I'll have to go back to CW with one unused cartridge and one part-used, and complain, then go up the road and spend twice the money on a new Lexmark one. Fuckfuckfuckfuck...

Try working for an American corporation, who made $1 billion in 1997, and gave us a bottle of £20 Champagne as they couldn't afford bonuses! BOLLOCKS.

And then they finished us up 50% through a project, claiming there were other positions in the company. When we were out the door, they severed all ties. We didn't get a single email of thanks or sorry from any of the directors (only our own MD was the one to do this). Fuck you THQ! Your games are SHIT.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's appreciated.

I hopefully have a lead on another job, however it will probably mean re-locating. Which is not that big a hardship I guess.

Bad luck there Volksy. Hopefully something decent will turn up.

eddyramrod - cut your losses and dump the Lexmark printer. Tesco (bastards) are doing Epson all in ones for £30, and compat ink off eBay is DIRT cheap and good quality. Hornsea Inkjets eBay shop for the ink, seller is called Darren Imeson.

So pleased that the water pump on our galaxy decided to throw in the towel in a jam on the m25, whilst fully laden with luggage and kids en route to a minibreak in hampshire. Bastard. guess which shiters spouse had also cancelled the breakdown cover, as we "never used it"...

Still the kids seemed to enjoy a ride in the big truck with the flashing lights (even if the half asleep driver scared the shit outta me...)

eddyramrod - cut your losses and dump the Lexmark printer. Tesco (bastards) are doing Epson all in ones for £30.

Thanks ashmicro, but I think I'm a bit further from Tesco than you are. :lol: Might be sound advice though about ditching, I'll start looking in the appropriate places here (if I can read the signs...).

Can i just have a quick rant as one of our customers is trying to con us i think.

first of all i dont care if your bath is leaking, its down to using unnamed parts which arent up to EU standards which YOU supplied. NO i will NOT pay for a new carpet. Get a life you miserable old witch

Sorry just needed that :lol::twisted:

I'm selling stuff on ebay.

I sold an item on migweb on the day the auction ended. I couldn't end the auction, or in fact edit the auction with message saying 'DON'T F*CKING BID!' (as this would be too easy for paypal). I messaged two buyers saying the item had been sold so no further bids. Someone bidded and then paid via paypal. I told the buyer I will refund the money. Buyer says 'I don't want the refund, I want my item'. I refund the money, paypal charges 5% of the total as a 'charge'.

I close the auction transaction through the proper means. Paypal says there are three options, the buyer can either decline or accept, either way, I'll pay the final closure thingy fee (more charges).

I'll get negative feedback as well on my 100% history.

Once all my sales are through, I'll never use this horrible, evil system ever again.

FFS

The images on cigarette packets, one that features a man with a huge tumour on his neck, the other of some grotty looking teeth. I'd like to see this type of thing on fast food, sweets, etc. If you're stupid enough to leave a tumour until it's the size of a football, you idiot! I always grimace whenever I see the woman taking the 'grotty teeth' packet when I buy them. :(

So pleased that the water pump on our galaxy decided to throw in the towel in a jam on the m25, whilst fully laden with luggage and kids en route to a minibreak in hampshire. Bastard. guess which shiters spouse had also cancelled the breakdown cover, as we "never used it"...

Still the kids seemed to enjoy a ride in the big truck with the flashing lights (even if the half asleep driver scared the shit outta me...)

that must be the same driver that took me home from cornwall when my granada died a few years ago...

think he hit every kerb from cornwall to london :shock:

i even offered to drive his truck to give him a break i was so terrified.

called AA who subcontracted him and told them i was fucking not happy at all

they did give me 6mths free roadside+ cover...

maybe they should branch out into funeral plans as well

The AA.

Broke down earlier on in Essex. Phoned the AA on my mobile, I ran out of credit before the call had finished but I'd had time to give the woman my name, vehicle reg, location and phone number - all that I missed was her health'n'safety spiel about waiting at the side of a busy road. I hung around for half an hour expecting them to either text me an ETA or call me back, but nothing. In the end I had to climb over the fence at the side of the A130 and wander off over some fields to find a house and ask to borrow their phone.

When I called the AA to check my status, the dippy mare on the other end said "Oh, we lost contact with you so no job has been set up". She then asked me four times what road I was on, three further times which direction I was heading, and then, even though I'd explained I was on a bike, she proceeded to give me a lecture about getting all my passengers out of the vehicle and exiting via the nearside doors. :roll: Then, even though I was a "priority" because I was in a dangerous-ish position, it still took the patrol an hour and a half to get to me, and again they never bothered to text me with an ETA. Patrol man was a good bloke though, to be fair, and soon diagnosed the problem (faulty reserve tap meaning the last bit in the tank can't be used - a pain, but I can live with it).