The grumpy thread

outlaw118

The other day, I was driving along. I heard something metallic bouncing round the front n/s arch, under the car and disappear in the rear view mirror. I pulled over and checked everything to see if something had come off. It hadn't so I drove back and saw a small bolt on the road. It looked like one of the bolts that the seats are fixed in with! I had one of these out and put it in the engine bay for safe keeping!

Today, I was driving to the shop to get some tea bags. I went over a speed bump and heard and almighty bang, and continued on my way. About 10 metres up the road, the noise gets worse, before another metallic bang, and a strong knocking noise.

I got out of the car and checked underneath to see the gearbox resting squarely on the subframe. The two bolts in the gearbox mount had come out! I slowly coasted back home and had a cup of coffee. :(

LOL^

I got in trouble by suggesting that the story line should 'continue' with them all dying in a massive fire or him getting mown down by an old granny driving to the shops.

Er Indoors says there is something wrong inside my head.

Nothing 'wrong', just do not want wanky adverts, and they did ask the question of what should happen next....

Those fucking annoying BT adverts with that scrawny lanky bastard and his stupid arsehole girlfriend. I couldn't give a shit how their story is continuing.

I emailed BT a while ago and told them that the adverts annoyed me so much that I would get my BT line taken out if there was an alternative.

Those fucking annoying BT adverts with that scrawny lanky bastard and his stupid arsehole girlfriend. I couldn't give a shit how their story is continuing.

You got here before me with this one. It's more annoying than those fucking coffee ads from the early 90s.

I'd like to know what percentage of the 1.6 million who voted actually have jobs.

Anyway, thanks for the cat sympathy guys. Poor thing hadn't eaten since tuesday but started eating again when I went and sat with her. :(

The firm in question switched agencies a while back, so now I get 50p/hr less than I used to get.

I'll take that on the chin, 'cos it's 'just the way it is'; and I'd rather have the work than not.

I sometimes think a less principled approach to life would help. Works fine for the directors after all!

You're a truck driver, you're going to get shit on, fact. I know, I was one too. (Hear the floodgates opening...?) They rely on you taking it on the chin, and preferring to work over not working, and because drivers are viewed as expendable, it works. We have no security, no backup if anything goes wrong, and no respect for our hard-earned professional training and experience. In my last driving job I was working part-time, and part-time in care; unqualified, bottom-of-the-ladder, inexperienced. The care work was worth more per hour, shifts finished more or less when they were supposed to and I didn't have to leave my house at 4am. Grump? If anyone's entitled to, it's a truck driver.

What I would like to happen next in the BT adverts is for that bloke's Home Hub wireless connection to be hijacked by a third party who then uses it to trade an enormous amount of extremely depraved/illegal content across a file-sharing network, leading to a case of mistaken identity wherein the main character ends up extradited to the US and fast-tracked through the justice system, ultimately leading to him being placed in a "Supermax" prison with little/no hope of release.

Then this happens (BT guy played by some Latino bloke):

feckin justice system!!!

i gave my son my ford ka as a runabout and as insurance companies were asking for over 1k to insure him i put him as 2nd driver on my policy for £99.

so fast foward 3 months he gets a tug from plod @ wembley.. car check...taxed and m.o.t.... insurance check... all ok... then they decided to do a license check... should be ok.. but comes back as license has been revoked for totting up 16 points :shock:

he gets locked up for about 4hrs and car is seized and put in police compound.

we then discover that when he was supposed to be committing these offences he wasnt in the country..

and at one time a few months back kent police came to my house saying they had my son in custody when he was sat there on sofa looking back at them!

and the guy who says he was my son is afro-carribian,,he had been hiring cars breaking every rule in the highway code...hence the points and revoke of my lads licence.

they didnt charge the cnut with i.d theft or the motoring offences..

and the guy must have used another address as we heard nowt from doovla.. he went to court today and nobody was interested in the cause of this even though we had written proof from kent police?? plus pound says car was gonna be crushed on 19th aug..but there is a weeks grace if we pay £340 to get the car back :shock: so the court defers until november... but it amazes me that nobody wants this cleared up, but thankfully he has found a solicitor who will take this case on and get his car and licence back and maybe some compo for him as well....watch this space

Advertising the Bilbos on RR.

It seems that it isn't just VOC members who can't be arsed to read adverts properly.

Standout numpties include:

1. One asking 'how much tread is on the tyres' when I clearly listed '4MM' in the advert.

2. Another asking 'where are they?' when I clearly listed 'near Stockport' on the advert

3. All of them offering a damn sight less than what I want to take despite the wheels being very rare, on decent tyres and in good condition. Actually, one just blathered on about 'offers' clearly intending to offer me two tenths of fuck all.

At the moment they can stay there, unless someone comes up with an offer that doesn't take the piss. My PMs back so far have been on the terse side of polite.

Ordered an alternator for the CX. Got it out of the box today and it's fucked. Clearly been dropped - it was face-down in the box with all the lovely soft packaging ABOVE it. Nice. Can't get hold of the place that supplied it today so that's a weekend's tinkering time gone.

Thankfully, the CX is just about managing to generate 12.9v, so it is just about charging as long as I don't use lights/wipers.

+1

on adverts / mongs not reading:

ONE ticket for MUSE at Manchester 4th September - surplus to requirements as my sister can not go - £45 only (which is the face value)

Q = Hai m8 hav U got 2 tikts?

Q= HOW MUCH IZ TICKET

Q= Is this for the Wembly gig?

Naaaaaarg - fuck off you wankers.

It seems that it isn't just VOC members who can't be arsed to read adverts properly.

Amen to that. I advertised a set of Allycats on RR and at the bottom of the ad it says 'Cash on collection only'.

The first PM i got asked if I could not only post them to London, but could I remove the tyres as well. FARTKNOCKER.

Separate grump here for my incessant back pain. Please fuck off now, I'm bored of you. 5 days of not being able to sit properly, stand comfortably or sleep AT ALL is getting on my tits.

The painkillers and diazepam are making me pleasantly spaced out though.

Advertising the Bilbos on RR.

It makes my day when I advertise something for, say, 120 pounds, and then sometime I later I get someone adding:

"50 quid?"

I'm selling wheels at the moment, and somehow I got haranged into painting them for a bit extra (which I really don't mind doing). They're going for 70 quid which is cheap for what they are. I was getting offers for 50 quid, painted and delivered. I'm going to stick them on ebay where they fetch over 100 quid in shite condition.

Useless wireless broadband which is producing an endless stream of timeout errors and limited connectivity messages. Any ideas?

Have you turned everything off - wireless router, all computers, cable modem if it's a seperate box - gone for a cuppa, watched a bit of telly, then turned it back on? a 15-minute off period will usually force it to reassign all addresses , and start from scratch.

Then, you have to work out if it's their network (i.e. from the cable box or phone socket, back to the internets) that's buggered and not performing, or your network (i.e. signal getting to your wireless, but then going AWOL). How many computers do you have? Anything else that can connect wirelessly, like a phone or games console?

Useless wireless broadband which is producing an endless stream of timeout errors and limited connectivity messages. Any ideas?

I take it you mean MOBILE broadband, since you're in a van?

If so, it could be geographical. Try moving higher for a better signal.