The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Some fucking rubbish on the telly. I honestly can't even bring myself to mention the name of it but my missus is watching a variety of absolute and utter pondlife living under one roof. I seriously think I could quite easily kill the fucking lot of them with an elastic band and small piece of lego.

Fuck off you sad, pathetic, hollow shower of shit.

Wow, those modifications are nice and so original. Certainly not a waste of a usable car that will have to be scrapped straight after the driver gets bored in the next couple of months. :(

Today was a bad day, I should have moved out of my garage last week, but it's taken so long to get everything out and get the car running.

I had a final job today of sorting the brakes out. Fluid is literally pissing out of the seal between the master cylinder and the servo. Drove to scrappy and extracted a M/S and put it on, to find it's pissing out still. I assume it's the servo, so need to get the whole unit, but unfortunately, skint until next month! As I can't possibly tow the car without brakes, I'm pissed off I can't get the car out to a more permanent place. On top of the windscreen cracking (more), I'm not sure what to do now, and whether selling the stuff on it which is worth about 300 - 400 quid and scrapping the car and getting another 100 quid or so, or pissing more money on a car I'm only emotionally attached to (this is ridiculous I know), but I'd like to sell my red one and drive this again. God damn it!

What car is it Station?

That colt looks an absolute disaster. I dare say it probably was'nt factory fresh but it did look in good order prior to being shitted up. As has been said, the next step for this car will be the weighbridge.

I'm all for fun with cars- but please!

I can't get the car out to a more permanent place......pissing more money on a car I'm only emotionally attached to (this is ridiculous I know), but I'd like to sell my red one and drive this again

I feel your pain man, I really do.

Same situ with my Sterlings. HGF has killed the 87' Sterling, its been sitting outside my house for the past month or so. I havent got a garage sorted out yet as I'm still chasing people up. So-called "mates" make excuses when you ask them for a bit of space on thier driveways which they dont use.

The I've got the 90' Sterling which although I've got a gearbox for, I just dont havent a clue where to start, I dont even the tools. Other Mk2 Sterling needs a cambelt and waterpump, so all my Sterlings need £££'s spending on to get the running right, the 87' might need about a £1000 to change head gaskets, cambelt and waterpump.

Some so-called "mate" of mine couldnt understand why I didnt just scrap it and (In his words) 'get some money yeh an save up yeh and buy lyke a cheap likkle car an use that for work yeh and den save up an buy another like it if you like dem so much' - I really couldnt be bothered to try and explain. I just told him its my property and its got nothing to do with him so fuck off basically and dont ask about things that dont concern you.

The he comes up with some out of the blue excuse saying, its holding me back in my life :shock:

Mind you, I have recently had to buy tax for it, because thats the way things go, it MUST break down just before the tax is due up and when I have no money. So it isnt helping,

Not only that, but I've got to find someone to help me tow it up to wherever I can find to store it as it wont drive that far.

Spoke to the Wellington branch of the temp agency I worked for previously. Asked if there was anything going, was told to email my cv in and they'd ring me straight back to arrange an interview. Did they? Well you can probably guess the answer.

Plus the internet is useless with an endless stream of timeout errors

Spoke to the Wellington branch of the temp agency I worked for previously. Asked if there was anything going, was told to email my cv in and they'd ring me straight back to arrange an interview. Did they? Well you can probably guess the answer.

Plus the internet is useless with an endless stream of timeout errors

Best thing is in a for sale thread for it he says it owes him £600. So that's £200 on the car, 50p's worth of stickers, a tenner's worth of paint and some £25 alloys.

As for a 'build thread' what's he going to do next, get his kids to crayon in a colour numbers by picture and say they're the next Picasso? :roll:

Only glanced through a few pages of the Colt 'build'.

I notice it is described as 'Army Spec'. It would be interesting to see the requisition order and build sheet that the MOD gave Mitsubishi :lol:

What car is it Station?

It's another freaking Astra! Going to take the master cylinder back today, and just get a refund, then try and get a complete unit from somewhere nearer! It's bad because I'm totally broke at the moment, and if I can just make it through the weekend (ie. they don't demand I remove the car today), I'll be OK I think?

I'd help anyone out if it's needed, if you were closer in distance I'd be down to help you with your Sterlings no problem!

Grump time.

I'd heard various stories about one of the agencies I work for; I tend to listen, and file them away at the back of my mind, 'cos half the time they are just tales.

Until I found out, officially, on Wednesday, that they were indeed underpaying me. Best of all, it seems the pay rates are inconsistent across all the drivers too.

Now, it is only a matter of 15p/hr here, and 45p/hr there; but it's the principle. I'm doing exactly the same job as the guy next to me - so why is my time worth less?

It led to an interesting phone call to one of the directors, normally a bullish fast talker, who went very quiet indeed. He has no answer for me, not even a half-arsed one, and I'm beginning to wonder now about some of those other tales.

The upshot is, that withdrawing my labour from them has meant me taking a couple of hundred quid hit, on this week's earnings. Fuck. My choice, I know; so not a complaint really - just a good old grump!

The pay scales vary here too, its all meant to be so sort of big secret, to the extent that our payslips are all monged up, e.g £59 for 12 hours or £25 for 30- not the actual hourly rate and number of hours you actually did. The mamagement go potty if they see us comparing notes.

Agreed, it seems like most of the agencies I've worked for, obscure the truth in some way like this.

The irony is, that the day I heard a few of the stories, I was on a bulk tipper job. The firm in question switched agencies a while back, so now I get 50p/hr less than I used to get.

I'll take that on the chin, 'cos it's 'just the way it is'; and I'd rather have the work than not. But being presented with the bare truth about a few pennies here and there has got me all pissed off...

I sometimes think a less principled approach to life would help. Works fine for the directors after all!

Not just agencies - staff at a lot of places are banned from discussing details of their pay with each other. Get tricky doesn't it? I mean, if someone good is paid more than a lazy git, that's fair enough isn't it? But then you get into 'well, who says he's better than me?' so I can kind of see why they do it.

I'd help anyone out if it's needed, if you were closer in distance I'd be down to help you with your Sterlings no problem!

Thanks Station :)

I'm supposed to be getting my Micra back on the road but a delay in payment has meant its still sitting on my mates drive.

Plan is to get the Micra on the road, try and get myself some temp work to stick a few hundred in my pocket and get the broken gearbox replaced on the other Sterling and get it on the road.

I earn more than the guy who does the same job as me, and works the same hours.

It's because I was taking a massive pay cut, so I asked for a rise as soon as I started the new job. He came from a lower-paid job so hasn't asked for a rise, he's perfectly happy.

He does not know I earn more, however ;)

Sorry to be soppy for a moment but my cat (family pet for 12 years) is being put down tomorrow. :(

Shit. Sorry to hear that. It is seriously hard when that happens. Went through the same about four years ago when one of mine died. I will freely admit I cried my eyes out so I don't envy you tomorrow.

:cry: