The grumpy thread

outlaw118

lying bastard copper.

who remembers days when plod could be trusted to try & do the right thing?

Nobody. Always been bad eggs in uniform the same as the have always been some brilliant coppers.

I remember anecdotal stories from the 70s of the local plod who's response to crime was to beat up the suspects down an alleyway.

Not a bad idea if they actually did it but I don't think that bothered the copper too much.

The French sure know how to protest. My local town is empty, everybody has stayed at home to avoid the blockades.

Elsewhere in France it's not gone so well with several injuries and sadly one death :(

Ah, the yellow vests!

No one knows how to protest like the French. It’s why they’re no longer ruled by louis Philippe the 34th.

Went out earlier to post a couple of cards -hopped on the bike, down the path to the bottom gate ( my neighbour calls it the M&S gate as it’s opposite the shop, but strictly speaking it’s the station lodge gate). Left the bike, unlocked gate and walked through to the post box and back home. Never left the estate for more than 100m and all in about 6mins. In that time someone has hit the back of the Mercedes bumper leaving a six inch scuff. No neighbours in or out in that time, so obviously a delivery driver.

The only consolation is that it’s going in for some paint and a full polish in a fortnight, so hopefully they can fix it- I tried, but the patch is supposed to be matt not gloss, so overpolishing will make it worse.

Royal Mail.

Get a package slip at 1pm, having lunch.

read it, £13 to pay on what's presumably a Rock Auto package.

Delivery office open til 2 it says - one town over, better go. Finish eating, chuck a fiver of petrol in the Civic, get there at about 1:40.

Council has changed all the free parking in the town to paid.

Pay by app or text only. FRO, I'm parked at the door to the delivery office and the queue is fifteen people out of it, sod paying, I'll just fuck off if das Parkenstasi come. Either that or claim my phone's dead (just install meters you cheapskate cashgrabbers).
15 minutes in the queue, hand over the slip, card in hand.

'It's cash only, we don't have a card machine. Is that a problem?' 

Yes it fucking is, I've queued up for 15 minutes and nowhere at all did it say you don't take card. How fucking daft is that? You have barcode scanners and little electronic signature things, but a card machine? Oh no, we don't have that... 'You could go and get cash and come back?' Aye but you close in five minutes and I don't know where there's a cash machine within two, and there's another ten plus people queuing up behind me. Besides, no money on the debit card, and can't withdraw on the credit card as it incurs fees.

'You can pay online?'

'Ah, I'll do that then'

'...and we'll deliver it to you in 2-3 days.'

BUT I'M HERE NOW!

Dumb fuckers. Complaint on the way for that. Is it not reasonable to expect being able to pay my not insignificant customs fees by card at a delivery office that regularly handles such queries?

Royal Mail.

Delivery office open til 2 it says - one town over, better go. Finish eating, chuck a fiver of petrol in the Civic, get there at about 1:40.

Pay by app or text only. FRO, I'm parked at the door to the delivery office and the queue is fifteen people out of it, sod paying, I'll just fuck off if das Parkenstasi come. Either that or claim my phone's dead (just install meters you cheapskate cashgrabbers).

Yes it fucking is, I've queued up for 15 minutes and nowhere at all did it say you don't take card. How fucking daft is that? You have barcode scanners and little electronic signature things, but a card machine? Oh no, we don't have that... 'You could go and get cash and come back?' Aye but you close in five minutes and I don't know where there's a cash machine within two, and there's another ten plus people queuing up behind me. Besides, no money on the debit card, and can't withdraw on the credit card as it incurs fees.

'You can pay online?'

'Ah, I'll do that then'

BUT I'M HERE NOW!

Dumb fuckers. Complaint on the way for that. Is it not reasonable to expect being able to pay my not insignificant customs fees by card at a delivery office that regularly handles such queries?

I was getting images of basil fawlty then. Well done! :-)

I had no post at work on Thursday ( nor home at all this week come tothink) when it did come at 2.30pm on Friday they did say that woking didn’t have enough staff on and had run out of overtime and so hadn’t sent the vans out. So much for privatisation!

Gotta love bureaucracy haven’t you. Our post office does take debit card payments and you would have thought that someone at yours would have thought that as the majority of transactions are electronic then a card reader should be standard issue?

It does make you wonder how many of those lovely cash transactions make it as far as the till doesn’t it?

Gotta love bureaucracy haven’t you. Our post office does take debit card payments and you would have thought that someone at yours would have thought that as the majority of transactions are electronic then a card reader should be standard issue?

It does make you wonder how many of those lovely cash transactions make it as far as the till doesn’t it?

Weirdly, although you can now pay for post with debit and credit cards you are not able to pay unpaid postage fees with a card. Just cash or stamps. Why? It’s madness I tell you.

I just leave them now , the PO is a pain to pop in to ....

years ago , work sent me a big letter , it was not paid up , so the PO sent me a note , so it got ignored , the letter got sent back ...

work paid for it and picked it up ..

then they gave it to me .........at work

I've just paid over £100 to the ministry of injustice after a lying bastard copper in september pretended my speed was a lot higher than it was. No point arguing it though as he'd just lie in court, get believed & it'd cost me even more. I found that out years ago last time one fined me for a fabricated offence.

I hate living in a 3rd world country at times, who remembers days when plod could be trusted to try & do the right thing?

Erm they never could be. Birmingham pub bombings. Hilsbrough, to name 2 well known cases.

Stamps you say? Heh heh heh.

I haven’t thought this through. But I expect you could go into the post office with one of their silver unpaid postage cards like I had on Wednesday. These specifically say can’t be paid off using a card. But bought three £1 stamps, paid using your creditcard and then stuck them on and handed it in.

The world’s gone mad. I’m thinking of making a silver foil hat and lead lined bomb shelter, but am too busy drinking myself to a happy sleep.

That old fuck Ron has just been round - 'Is Besse with you?'

No.

She's been gone an hour before he's bothered to try and find her, obviously wanted me to go out searching for her, but it's not happening. I have no idea where to start looking for one thing! A sodding hour! I really fear for that dog.

whist you're in the mood to say NO have a word about your garage!

I've just paid over £100 to the ministry of injustice after a lying bastard copper in september pretended my speed was a lot higher than it was. No point arguing it though as he'd just lie in court, get believed & it'd cost me even more. I found that out years ago last time one fined me for a fabricated offence.

I hate living in a 3rd world country at times, who remembers days when plod could be trusted to try & do the right thing?

You know the central lines in the road if broken can be used to show your speed if you have the incident on camera?

Royal Mail.

'You can pay online?'

'Ah, I'll do that then'

BUT I'M HERE NOW!

Dumb fuckers. Complaint on the way for that. Is it not reasonable to expect being able to pay my not insignificant customs fees by card at a delivery office that regularly handles such queries?

they DO take card payments as i payed customs charges this morning

A few weeks ago I was singing my old Macbooks praises as it's been working fine since February 2013.

Fast forward to now and it's all but dead. Hard drive started clicking and it's finding it difficult to wipe and reboot.

Fudge.

Well I am a bit of a fool but went out and bought a new laptop today. but switched to windows and managed to get a returned HP Pavilion Gaming 15 for £100 less than RRP, and have found a laptop buyer website willing to pay £125 for the dead Macbook. So, it could have been worse,

Slightly annoying that reviews online suggest the new one is prone to breaking, lets hope it does this whilst in warranty! It's powerful for the price paid though....1TB of storage, 8GB RAM and it has a Nvidia GTX too, which means I can finally use Steam. My old Macbook hated being put under load.

The French sure know how to protest. My local town is empty, everybody has stayed at home to avoid the blockades.

Elsewhere in France it's not gone so well with several injuries and sadly one death :(

I just read this morning of petrol prices in Stockholm at approx £2.30/Litre.

You know the central lines in the road if broken can be used to show your speed if you have the incident on camera?

Yes.

I also know they are experts in lying in court so will have allowed for all that. The vast majority of my experiences with plod have shown them to be dishonest at worst or just lazy and completely uninterested in the truth at best. Therefore they get as much respect as any other dishonest scum from me.

Yes.

I also know they are experts in lying in court so will have allowed for all that. The vast majority of my experiences with plod have shown them to be dishonest at worst or just lazy and completely uninterested in the truth at best. Therefore they get as much respect as any other dishonest scum from me.

Sadly my experiences locally haven’t been much better. There was one copper locally who was a known arsehole. She then got pissed up and half knocked down an old ladies house with her car. And then guess what? Somehow a mistake was made and her samples lost so she couldn’t be prosecuted. It was a complete fucking joke an obvious case of corruption but absolutely nothing was done about it. Some of my family are coppers in Derbyshire and they don’t have a lot of respect for our local lot to say the least.

You're not kidding , try sending a parcel

VOT IST IN ZE PARCEL

it's not got liquids or batteries in it

I NEED TO KNOW VOT IST IN ZE PARCEL

a dildo

WITHOUT FUCKING BATTERIES

You want to try sending some of the things we have at work!

TNT will do hazardous stuff, but charge like a rhino. I’ve a feeling it’s more than we charge to analyse the samples.