The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Mrs P received a £52.80 fine from the NHS for incorrectly claiming a free prescription.

Slightly surprised as we always pay for ours so should easily be able to prove it’s their error. However all they can tell us is we got a freebie between March and August and can’t tell us more than that at this point. No doubt we will now have to spend time discussing this with the pharmacist and booking an appointment with the doctor to get the relevant material for an appeal.

Admin nightmare - GO!

Mrs P received a £52.80 fine from the NHS for incorrectly claiming a free prescription.

Slightly surprised as we always pay for ours so should easily be able to prove it’s their error. However all they can tell us is we got a freebie between March and August and can’t tell us more than that at this point. No doubt we will now have to spend time discussing this with the pharmacist and booking an appointment with the doctor to get the relevant material for an appeal.

Admin nightmare - GO!

I'm sure there is a grown up reason for not doing this but my attitude would be 'I will pay it when you can tell me what it's for' rather than chasing around on their behalf.  Not that unreasonable is it?

I’ve just found out that my godmother has had to be admitted to a care home.

She fell off a step ladder last year whilst changing a bulb, breaking her hip and femur. There is growing evidence of sudden onset dementia being a side effect of general anaesthetic in the over 80s.

No health issues at all earlier last year, apart from her finding it difficult to get into the x1/9 she gave me.

Last new year I picked her up at 7pm on New Year’s Eve, and we had dinner at my parent’s. She had a taxi home at 1pm, so this is a huge shock in the great scheme of things.

Before the fiat she had a silver MG metro which followed two TR7s ( one of which she crashed, wrapping it round a tree late one night), and more than one hillman imp - which my dad said rarely started in the winter and needed a couple of sixth formers to push start it.

Sorry for going on, but I’m quite upset by this news. She was so pleased that her x1/9 was being seen at various meetings and always showed her visitors the photos I sent.

Beginning to wonder if the Grandmother will have driving licence removed soon. She's becoming a bit reckless and dangerous. Trouble is, I have no idea how much bad that will do to her, given she's a community person and loves to take people to others and is basically the shuttle for at least 6 OAPs in the village.

I'm sure there is a grown up reason for not doing this but my attitude would be 'I will pay it when you can tell me what it's for' rather than chasing around on their behalf. Not that unreasonable is it?

Not at all. But we are dealing with the “computer says no” element of the NHS and chances of their admin drone being able to tell me anything other than “pay it or we take you to Court” are pretty low. I have had enough dealings with the DWP and Atos to know what to expect. I might be wrong but...

I reckon the pharmacist has ticked the wrong box on the prescription. Taken the payment but then ticked the free prescription box. If that’s the case and I have a date it should be easy enough to prove payment through bank statements as suggested.

What’s more interesting is Mrs P used to be on meds which she stopped in January so hasn’t actually had any meds issued in the period mentioned as far as I can tell. Be interesting to see how this pans out

Beginning to wonder if the Grandmother will have driving licence removed soon. She's becoming a bit reckless and dangerous. Trouble is, I have no idea how much bad that will do to her, given she's a community person and loves to take people to others and is basically the shuttle for at least 6 OAPs in the village.

I was facing this earlier in the year with my grandfather- he’d hit the gatepost of his drive three times, and it turned out after he died, burned out the clutch on his 2000mile bmw 3 series ( motabiliity and not my choice. But ...) . I had an idea he’d a problem as he kept asking about how I got on driving the auto merc compared to the other cars. Unfortunately he was admitted with pneumonia in February and didn’t recover.

(

Aaah, all this talk of incompetent government agencies has reminded me.

Apparently I'm through to the second round of interviews for an IT support position with Capita, at the local coastguard control room.

The telephone interview was over a month ago now, and I was told last week by the recruiter from Capita that the in-person interview would be sometime this week. However, the person who needs to be in attendance to conduct the interview isn't sure when she'll be in Aberdeen. This, in turn, is winding up the recruiter who just has to keep forwarding it on to me.

I've not heard anything since last week and it seems like I'm not having an interview this week either. The recruiter has admitted he's already had a couple of candidates pull out over this, as they've been offered other jobs in the meantime. I, on the other hand, am tempted to pull out just on principle! If this is how bad they are just interviewing, imagine how bad they are to work for! I left my last job because of stress too!

Admin nightmare - GO!

My wife had this last year. The pharmacy put it through as if it had been claimed but she had paid. She contacted the number on the fine letter and had to send over a photo of her bank statement showing the payment.

Cancelled, Boots changed from a paper to electronic system and incorrectly applied her maternity thing, even though she paid it knowing that she was not eligible for free prescriptions.

Not at all. But we are dealing with the “computer says no” element of the NHS and chances of their admin drone being able to tell me anything other than “pay it or we take you to Court” are pretty low. I have had enough dealings with the DWP and Atos to know what to expect. I might be wrong but...

I reckon the pharmacist has ticked the wrong box on the prescription. Taken the payment but then ticked the free prescription box. If that’s the case and I have a date it should be easy enough to prove payment through bank statements as suggested.

What’s more interesting is Mrs P used to be on meds which she stopped in January so hasn’t actually had any meds issued in the period mentioned as far as I can tell. Be interesting to see how this pans out

I have a vague recollection of some pharmacy bing done for taking payment then sending scripts in ass free ones to be paid again by the NHS.

May be a genuine mistake, on the other hand?

Admin nightmare - GO!

Tell them they need to provide more details than that, they do have them.

My wife got a fine as her prepayment certificate expired the day before she picked up the repeat that she went in and ordered a week before. Ironically she handed her card to the pharmacist who filled in all the details for her and who didn't notice either. She sent a letter explaining this but got auto generated crap back, she then sent them the amount the prescription would have cost and a letter saying their fine was punitive and out of proportion to the alledged offense. They have cashed the cheque and we have heard nothing more.

I am in the pub

Sounds like a good place for you to be right now!

My grump for this evening (aside from being full of the damned cold)...was just playing pinball on my tablet - do intend to get a real table one day, but it's a way down the list - when finally managed to get the billion point shot on Bride of Pin Not...and the damned tablet crashed before saving the bloody score and goal log. Argh...

As for which table I'd buy...Pretty much has to be Medieval Madness, Centaur or The Addams Family I think.

Aaah, all this talk of incompetent government agencies has reminded me.Apparently I'm through to the second round of interviews for an IT support position with Capita, at the local coastguard control room.The telephone interview was over a month ago now, and I was told last week by the recruiter from Capita that the in-person interview would be sometime this week. However, the person who needs to be in attendance to conduct the interview isn't sure when she'll be in Aberdeen. This, in turn, is winding up the recruiter who just has to keep forwarding it on to me.I've not heard anything since last week and it seems like I'm not having an interview this week either. The recruiter has admitted he's already had a couple of candidates pull out over this, as they've been offered other jobs in the meantime. I, on the other hand, am tempted to pull out just on principle! If this is how bad they are just interviewing, imagine how bad they are to work for! I left my last job because of stress too!

Ah, Crapita....

What with the heavy rain last weekend coupled with leaf fall, the drains by our garages have been blocked, causing a few garages to flood. The management company must have sent someone round (great, makes a change) but look at this.

post-5013-0-05402200-1542321368_thumb.jpg

Salt. WTF! My cars don't need any help rusting, thanks very much. What's wrong with letting the tarmac dry naturally, as we aren't due more rain until next week, and it's mild. I angrily swept all of it up along the row where my garage is, and will chuck some water down tomorrow evening and broom it away. Makes no sense whatsoever. I bet the twat won't even come back to remove it, so I might feel obliged to do it as no other bugger can be bothered around here.

Not a big deal in the scheme of things,but I needed to vent as needless stuff like this is annoying.