The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Can pumpkin seeds be roasted? I help out scooping innards of upwards of 30 of the bastards for a kiddies' Halloween night at the local sailing club, and we generally end up with a couple of binbags full of mushy, stringy gloop and seeds that just gets lobbed in the bin.

edit to add; I did hollow out turnips when I was a young'un, although I don't believe photographic evidence exists. They were indeed hard work in comparison with these orange colonial interlopers.

No I still told them to poke it, I’m just a bit disgusted that there’s such a gap between renewal price and what they’ll actually do.

I had that at my last renewal, which may have been Elephant I can't quite recall.

My reaction was basically,

"What? You expect me to renew after all, when you've just told me you tried to fob me off with a terrible deal, hoping I'd just accept it?"

Heard from an old mate after a gap of about 12 years (as referenced in Single and Sad).

Felt good that someone from the past was thinking about me.

No, she just wants a favour. A really, really big one. At three days notice.

I am not taking a day off work and missing a night's sleep to give her a lift to catch a flight that she shouldn't have booked because public transport can't get her there in time and she can't afford an airport hotel.

Can pumpkin seeds be roasted? I help out scooping innards of upwards of 30 of the bastards for a kiddies' Halloween night at the local sailing club, and we generally end up with a couple of binbags full of mushy, stringy gloop and seeds that just gets lobbed in the bin.

Mummy got ye olde family cookbook out and says -

"Clean seeds under cold running water.Then boil in salted water in a large pan for 5 to 10 mins depending on seed size.Drain and lay on kitchen apparel.Season with salt and pepper or add chilli,cumin or paprika.Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade and spread seeds evenly on a large baking sheet for 8-10 mins.Store in an airtight container for up to 3days.After this they tend to lose their crunch"

And they were fab, I ate them by the fistful, but that possibly more for the fat bastard thread...

Unsurprisingly eBay. Tried to sell something, buyer complained so had to refund as I can't see eBay agreeing with me.

Can't close account for 30 days but then I will do.

Also people playing victims - drives me crazy that they don't take responsibility for their own actions but blame others.

If it is always someone else's fault then perhaps it is time to look at yourself.

This arsehole - came on the Rover 25/200/SW group last week asking how mucjh 25 GTis were worth because he'd been offered one for £300 with low mileage. Thinking he was a genuine MGR fan we all urged him to GIB.

Lo and behold, a few days later this happens

https://www.gumtree.com/p/rover/2000-rover-25-1.8-gti-3dr-silver-very-rare-gti-/1320463280

He then tries to sell it 'offers only' on the allied selling group. When someone asked 'price ?' I threw my toys out the pram:

post-20951-0-12093200-1542062068_thumb.png

He then offered me out via message:

post-20951-0-67561800-1542062086_thumb.png

post-20951-0-51731700-1542062099_thumb.png

post-20951-0-36690200-1542062112_thumb.png

To be fair, I didn't want to railroad his sale, and confirmed that

post-20951-0-50875200-1542062125_thumb.png

But my observations remain on the topic and everyone can see what a fucking leech this bloke is being...

It'll be deleted and appear again tomorrow. On the plus side, £1500 is a pretty fair price so I have put the word out.

Sorry to hear this POD. I am in a similar-is boat right now. A sum of money has Ben demanded from me, I cannot cover it but had a bright idea, idea got shouted down. Arguement ensued about how sometimes she seems to think I am like a bank. She tried to borrow money from a friend, friend didn't have the sum. Have not spend to wife for a god 7/8 days apart from when she called me and told me rather coldly that her friend couldn't borrow her what she needed so I'd have to get it. At some point we'll need to communicate again and I'm sure there'll be rocky patches to get through. Fuck that.

is the wife actually doing anything useful herself? it all seems/sounds like she just sat on her arse doing feck all and everything is your responsibility/fault

Another dilemma.

Do I stop pursuit of funds owed to me at the potential expense of a good friendship with someone who did me a massive favour, or do I tell the family Christmas is going to be somewhat restrained because I am not seeing the money owed?

Never work for a friend. Even with a watertight contract, it won’t end well

Another dilemma.

Do I stop pursuit of funds owed to me at the potential expense of a good friendship with someone who did me a massive favour, or do I tell the family Christmas is going to be somewhat restrained because I am not seeing the money owed?

Keep it civil, just drop it and move on if no progress made. I'd hesitate to say 'never work for a friend', I have and do and it works out usually. Then again I go into it with my eyes open and know that beggars can't be choosers, I've had to take on jobs that didn't pay well and suck it up.

This arsehole - came on the Rover 25/200/SW group last week asking how mucjh 25 GTis were worth because he'd been offered one for £300 with low mileage. Thinking he was a genuine MGR fan we all urged him to GIB.

Lo and behold, a few days later this happens

https://www.gumtree.com/p/rover/2000-rover-25-1.8-gti-3dr-silver-very-rare-gti-/1320463280

He then tries to sell it 'offers only' on the allied selling group. When someone asked 'price ?' I threw my toys out the pram:

25gti.png

He then offered me out via message:

25gti-2.png

25gti-3.png

25-gti4.png

To be fair, I didn't want to railroad his sale, and confirmed that

25-gti5.png

But my observations remain on the topic and everyone can see what a fucking leech this bloke is being...

It'll be deleted and appear again tomorrow. On the plus side, £1500 is a pretty fair price so I have put the word out.

There was a similar barney a few years ago when someone bought some shitty old vacs and gave them a wipe over and tried to sell them at a stupid price... Haven't seen him since

Another dilemma.

Send Paul Bohill in

I’m a hard faced bastard me, mind.

Another dilemma.

He is not a good friend if he hasn't paid what is owed!