The grumpy thread

outlaw118

If it's been "making" oil I'd suggest it might be the bearing that the fuel pump shaft runs in. 

There used to be a huge collection of Leyland tractors near you, there might still be, their owner would be able to help with advice and/or parts I'm sure. They were at one of the farms where George F stored his lorries, he should be able to tell you who they belonged to or even give you some advice himself.

Yep, that's Graham H. I've already sent him a text.

Graham reckons steering pump idler gear is usually the culprit for bearings in sump.

That doesn't explain the engine stopping though, or the 'making oil'.

He has another engine.

I'll need to decide whether it's worth fixing or disassemble the whole thing with the gas axe and weigh it in. Might make a couple of log splitters out if it and flog them.post-5582-0-18222500-1541955327_thumb.jpg

Annoyingly, I'm not quite finished needing it yet.

Motorway services

I only had about 90 miles of diesel in to get 100 miles home yesterday from Bristol. It was either battle with rush hour traffic to come off the M32 and use Sainsbury's, or stop on the motorway and pay a few* pence more.

Supermarket would have been 131.9

Gloucester services? 155.9

FUCK YOU. You literally have the best delivery network possible and a guaranteed audience. You could probably charge less than a supermarket in a city centre and make it work. How expensive can a delivery be when you're literally being passed by hundreds of tankers a day?

Sausage roll, £2.95. Bottle of Coke, £2. Snickers, £1.09

FUCK YOU AGAIN.

It’s almost as if they’re in business to make a profit or something

Just been out for a lovely 100 mile trip for vacuum cleaner related shenanigans. That's not the grump.

Coming back through Winkfield, I saw signs for lapland. Though that could be quite cool, looked a bit small but might be a fun day out.

Got home, looked on the website... £100 a fucking person, including children!

Fuck. That

Took the Cruiser out for it's weekly run out - it takes me to Sainsbury's, I reward it by giving it a good old hoon around some back lanes between Nuthall, Watnall and Hucknall, and then back to Bulwell - usually a couple of good straights where I can give it the beans. Today was superb, every road was clear of numpties, so 60* was achieved easily.

Upon coming to a stop in Bulwell noted smoke coming from under the bonnet. Popped open the bonnet - diesel squirting freely out of a split in one of the leak off pipes. Ah well, least it's an easy fix, but that's 2 out of 3 off the road now :(

It’s almost as if they’re in business to make a profit or something

Your average BP or Esso makes a profit at 136.9p per litre though, this is absolutely someone sitting in an office working out what's the maximum they can charge.

Wonga do it and get the government stepping in because it's preying on the vunrable. Motorway Service Stations are no better.

I attended my local Remembrance service today and a 40-something couple standing next to me did not stop talking throughout; not loudly but audible nonetheless. They did manage to shut the fuck up during the two minute silence so perhaps they are not bad persons.

The owner of the Jeep came round a while ago and we had a chat. I mentioned casually that I have been paying £120 a month to store HIS car and invited comments. None were forthcoming! I reckon the chance of getting anything out of him is slim, so slim as to be invisible. It is annoying me somewhat and I really wish he'd get his effin' car shifted, and the Vauxhall then I don't have to keep that insured and taxed as well. All in, I reckon the bastard has cost me £200 a month for 6 months!

The owner of the Jeep came round a while ago and we had a chat. I mentioned casually that I have been paying £120 a month to store HIS car and invited comments. None were forthcoming! I reckon the chance of getting anything out of him is slim, so slim as to be invisible. It is annoying me somewhat and I really wish he'd get his effin' car shifted, and the Vauxhall then I don't have to keep that insured and taxed as well. All in, I reckon the bastard has cost me £200 a month for 6 months!

You do realise he's taking the absolute piss?

Do you know where he lives? Get it/them taken there and wash your hands of it/them/him.

Why are you doing that? Does he have incriminating photographs of you? Cancel tax and insurance and if they aren't shifted in a couple of days ring DVLA's untaxed car hotline (I guess there is one).

I have been involved in a row with my wife.

I hardly said anything. But she feels that she has the right to scream and cry becuase of something i did or did not do yesterday that she percieves means i dont love her.

I'm now 95 miles away from her.

I don't think this is what marriage is supposed to.be about.

I am off to bed to cry.

Nothing says "I'm sorry for whatever darling, i do love you" like walking in the front door and handing her a cordless impact wrench capable of undoing 1400nm.

In all seriousness, talk to her. Even if it's a difficult thing to do now, she probably needs to vent and to be honest, will help you too hearing it. If you let it lie it's just bottling up unresolved feeling and going to be a lot worse down the line.

Communication is key.

Made her take the now fixed Micra out today, well, what a trial that was. She parked up on the piss by the restaurant, then after lunch she reversed at warp factor 9, hit the kerb, jolted my back. Pulled up outside the house, I got out, took the shopping off the back seat, walked round the back of the car as she started to reverse. How she didn't run me over I have no idea. I was not fucking impressed. Ben did nothing but piss himself laughing. Christ it all just winds me up. 

Just tell him you need it gone pronto, and concoct some story about losing the lock-up, or you need to put your own stuff in there.

If that don't work drag the fucker out.

I have been involved in a row with my wife.

I hardly said anything. But she feels that she has the right to scream and cry becuase of something i did or did not do yesterday that she percieves means i dont love her.

I'm now 95 miles away from her.

I don't think this is what marriage is supposed to.be about.

I am off to bed to cry.

You need to speak to her, even just to clear the air.

Call her, the most important with this is to be civil and as calm as possible, explain that whatever is bothering her is upsetting you as you don't know what you can do to help & let her vent. Apologise if it is your fault, especially if you've done something that you didn't know upset her. Go home and talk things through once you know what the issue is. If you're not to blame, she will invariably apologise for making you feel shitty. You'll soon kiss & make up.

The few times I've argued with the wife it's been because she's been frustrated by someone or something (normally trivial) and only once it's been something I've done, and that was without me realising. 

Per the 'Single & Sad' epic with Ghosty and KFC girl, beating around the bush and casual mentions are a total waste of everyone's time unless the other person is a practising psychic..

If you need it moving, tell him straight you need it moving.

If you're pissed off about it, tell him straight you're pissed off about it.

Why is everyone so scared to be direct with people?, it doesn't have to be combative.

Damn right.

For instance this is a recent conversation with my partner of nine years. A most peaceful creature, we rarely argue.

Her: "I'm going to go to the shop, do you want anything"

Me: "ok. We are low on milk"

Comes back from shop with some groceries but no milk

Me: "you forgot the milk"

Her: you didn't ask me to get milk"

Me: "I told you we were low on milk"

Her: yes I remember you saying that but you didn't actually ask me to get some"

We had not argued previously and this was not her being funny, this was just her logic.

You need to speak to her, even just to clear the air.

Call her, the most important with this is to be civil and as calm as possible, explain that whatever is bothering her is upsetting you as you don't know what you can do to help & let her vent. Apologise if it is your fault, especially if you've done something that you didn't know upset her. Go home and talk things through once you know what the issue is. If you're not to blame, she will invariably apologise for making you feel shitty. You'll soon kiss & make up.

The few times I've argued with the wife it's been because she's been frustrated by someone or something (normally trivial) and only once it's been something I've done, and that was without me realising.

I have spoken to her on the phone this morning and unless I am prepared to "stop being delusional and accept it's all my fault" blah blah blah.

Per the 'Single & Sad' epic with Ghosty and KFC girl, beating around the bush and casual mentions are a total waste of everyone's time unless the other person is a practising psychic..

If you need it moving, tell him straight you need it moving.

If you're pissed off about it, tell him straight you're pissed off about it.

Why is everyone so scared to be direct with people?, it doesn't have to be combative.

I find just repeating the same thing helps.

"This car of yours needs to be out of here by December the first. If it's still there on that date then I need to move it out into the road as I need my garage"

Whatever he says to you, just use the same reply. They soon get the message. Then stick to your word or people will just walk over you.