The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Having decided a few months ago to sell my 1990 Honda Prelude (well known car on here to some) I put it on ebay for £950. Only mongs/chancers replied. One turned up having driven a 40 mile trip to offer me £500. No. Sacked ebay and put classified ad on gumtree. (Ok, still ebay) Only one reply so far, admittedly only after 24 hours. Just said 500. No "hello, I can offer you 500, would you be interested?" No. Just "500". Grr.

The car is lovely, had lots spent and done to it by me and MikeKnight of this parish. 78,000 miles and drives like a dream. No FTP ever! Is it really worth so little? Would have thought £950 ish a fair price. Refurbished alloys with recent matching tyres, fully serviced with new timing belt and waterpump... Blah blah...

Only seems to attract mongbids!

post-5532-0-78354500-1462537084_thumb.jpegpost-5532-0-43271600-1462537142_thumb.jpeg

BTB hang on to it if you can. If I could justify another Honda I'd have it.

I have a feeling these are on the up, An Aerodeck sold recently for over £3k and I'd expect Preludes to be in a similar price range.

I hope so.... It really is a nice car! Immaculate interior and drives like new. Auto also FTW!

post-5532-0-83947400-1462538133_thumb.png

I would have thought 950 is reasonable, I have no idea what Preludes are worth but its a 90's 'classic' Honda in good shape with low miles, gotta be worth a grand...unfortunately when selling cars the normal rules of engagement don't seem to apply

Gone are the days when you rang up, went and appraised the vehicle in person, took a test drive, made an offer etc etc

Its all

How much for CASH TODAY

Arrange a time to view and don't turn up

Stupid low offers via text

Swaps for a 26 owner Impreza sport with fucked STI bodykit

Win auction then turn up and haggle over price expecting showroom condition

etc etc

Puts me right off ever selling a car again

I would have thought 950 is reasonable, I have no idea what Preludes are worth but its a 90's 'classic' Honda in good shape with low miles, gotta be worth a grand...unfortunately when selling cars the normal rules of engagement don't seem to apply

Gone are the days when you rang up, went and appraised the vehicle in person, took a test drive, made an offer etc etc

Its all

How much for CASH TODAY

Arrange a time to view and don't turn up

Stupid low offers via text

Swaps for a 26 owner Impreza sport with fucked STI bodykit

Win auction then turn up and haggle over price expecting showroom condition

etc etc

Puts me right off ever selling a car again

Absolutely spot on Captain.

The whole process has drained my mojo completely.

No rating, no spec, not suitable for sporty engines or classics, not to use more than 1 bottle between oil changes......I would bet its the shittiest Valu Brand budget oil available that is normally a mix of whatever is left in the bottom of their bulk tanks and optimistically labeled 10W40 that has been rebranded into shiny Castrol bottles. It can be sold as it is because pretty much anything runny and slippery is better than no oil at all and most folk dont know any better.

They should stick Vauxhall branding on them then, they are the only modern car that should carry mpg ratings for fuel and oil.

That BA3 is a lovely looking thing. Almost identical to my old one apart from the badermatic box yours has. Still, they're not sports cars just incredible cruisers.

£950 is on the money I would've thought, just hold out for a buyer that'll look after it.

That BA3 is a lovely looking thing. Almost identical to my old one apart from the badermatic box yours has. Still, they're not sports cars just incredible cruisers.

£950 is on the money I would've thought, just hold out for a buyer that'll look after it.

Am seriously considering just keeping it for a while TBH. Just because of the level of idiotic replies to the adverts! If anyone wants it on here and promises to look after it I will consider selling it at a decent discount.

Edit. Wrong thread I know, but it also comes with the original steel wheels and trims. Matching Nexen nblue tyres with around 1,000 miles on 'em.

As you were...

post-5532-0-65485600-1462541845_thumb.jpeg

Wheels and tyres are not actually hovering silently above ground BTW.... Stacked vertically by the garage. Serving suggestion only.

Am seriously considering just keeping it for a while TBH. Just because of the level of idiotic replies to the adverts! If anyone wants it on here and promises to look after it I will consider selling it at a decent discount.

Edit. Wrong thread I know, but it also comes with the original steel wheels and trims. Matching Nexen nblue tyres with around 1,000 miles on 'em.

As you were...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Wheels and tyres are not actually hovering silently above ground BTW.... Stacked vertically by the garage. Serving suggestion only.

Bob, depending on what size they are, I might be interested in the wheels and tyres separately if you have no joy shifting the 'Lude but need some money.

Just warmed up some stake and kidney stew in the microwave for only a minute and a half. Not that hot when I took it out but just touched a bit of something kidney I think, and it fucking exploded!

All over the kitchen and a clean shirt I'd just put on....

http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/HomeBusinessandEntertainment/ucm142506.htm

Two cycle related grumps from me.

First Captain Cockwash in an Astra who, after overtaking me then decided to turn left very sharply and very quickly (with no indication of course), which nearly wiped me out. 

Today some travelling penile infection in a (new shape) Scirocco just had to overtake me in the city centre, then swerve in front of me at the lights 20 yards in front. I bet you felt great about that, just a shame the fat bastard on the mountain bike was in front of you still 1/2 mile or so later.

I deliberately slurped a miso soup at my desk to annoy our team p.a. Little victories and all that.

No doubt she has mailed HR.

Once I found out that the fetid old hag that was my head of department at Shitbag College had a problem with the smell of fish, I lunched on sardine and chilli sauce sandwiches as often as was humanly possible.

You know those jobs that sound like a piece of piss and will take no time ?

Like replacing the line on a rotary clothes dryer ?

Sounds like a piece of piss, alright ?

Baaaaaastaaaaaardssssssssss !

post-4462-0-06844400-1462562767_thumb.jpeg

What's wrong with a normal washing line that goes in a straight line anyway ?

Just had a call from my neighbour, her little dog that I love to bits has managed to get out this afternoon through an open window, while they were out, every other time he's got out he's come to see me, I was at work today, i really hope he's ok

Two cycle related grumps from me.

First Captain Cockwash in an Astra who, after overtaking me then decided to turn left very sharply and very quickly (with no indication of course), which nearly wiped me out. 

Today some travelling penile infection in a (new shape) Scirocco just had to overtake me in the city centre, then swerve in front of me at the lights 20 yards in front. I bet you felt great about that, just a shame the fat bastard on the mountain bike was in front of you still 1/2 mile or so later.

What you want is one of those hand held air horns powered by a gas canister.I had one of those strapped to my handlebars 35 odd years ago.It won't stop the idiots,but it'll make you feel better.

Just had a call from my neighbour, her little dog that I love to bits has managed to get out this afternoon through an open window, while they were out, every other time he's got out he's come to see me, I was at work today, i really hope he's ok

I decided I couldn't sit around knowing he was roaming so me and mrs fordperv went out looking for him in my car, my neighbour rung the local vets numbers we gave her and after 45 minutes of looking for him she called to let us know she had just got off the phone and he's at a vets he got found by a kind person and they took him up to them, i am so chuffed he's safe and sound he's a lovely little fella

Or that bike that someone bolted a train horn with air tank onto .

Someone brought a train horn into the garage once and asked me to test it with the airline. My compressor is a 10hp jobbie delivering around 35cfm@150psi, and we were in a tin shed. Ow.