The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Shit start to the day, I'd better hear plenty of Motörhead on the radio today

(Dear radio stations, they had more than one song,ace of spades is only part of the story)

It is a crap way to start the day. IMHO ace of spades was not their best work, this past month I've rediscovered the Bastards album, well recorded and some really top notch songs.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

The world's worst Sunday drivers have taken to the roads today, I've never seen so many grey hairs in one place. One old giffer in an S-Max decided he wanted to be in my lane of the M25, with me still in it. Clearly the idea of looking hadn't occurred to him. That's now two close shaves in three days...

I'm one of those strange people who likes to leave a reasonable braking distance between my car and the one in front.  On one short stretch of the M42 yesterday, THREE cockwombles in various iterations of modern blobbish 'personal transport solutions' decided to claim that "safe space" - without checking their clearly redundant mirrors - then SLAM ON THE ANCHORS.

Had the family not been in the car, I might have given in to the brief impulse not to use the middle pedal.  The camera never lies...

I know, I'll move the 306. Fail: flat tyre. 

I know, I'll move the Berlingo. Fail: Flat battery.

I know, I'll move the Punto. Partial fail: still making flippity flappity noise from o/s/r. Handbrake cable insecure.

I know, I'll fire up spares 306 in garage and try and move it. Fail: Flat battery. 

TNT. Pack of useless cockwombles.

I was waiting for an engine to arrive on a pallet, it was sent friday before last. Specific instructions and a phone number included with the order. Monday they didn't come. Tuesday they did, but while I was out for 5 minutes so returned it to the depot instead of dropping it with the scrapyard as requested. I phoned and arranged redelivery, told them AGAIN they could leave it with the scrapyard. Wednesday morning at 5 to nine, drove past and went back to the depot again because nowhere was open yet. Another phonecall... expect delivery today after the christmas break.

I stayed in the yard all day waiting, at 10 to 4 I rang them again....

They tried to deliver it at lunchtime on Christmas Eve. Because I wasn't there (and neither was anyone else) it went back to the depot again.

So I drove to the depot, persuaded them to let me in and claimed it myself.

20151229_171938.jpg

I think the best bit was when one of the girls on the phone told me their drivers don't carry phones and therefore couldn't ring me.

Text received on my own phone this morning.

As it happens I'm not having a good break because I know this sort of thing is likely to happen. 2016 will be job hunting year I think.

I deliberately dont reply to these sort of things from work - if they really want me they can phone me up - other than that "Oh sorry, the phone was on silent / dead/ dropped in a river"

Some silly old bitch nearly took the 75 out today on a 3 lane flow roundabout / junction near Chelmsford. She started off on the left lane then decided without any checking or indication she would move into my (middle) lane forcing me into the right hand lane to avoid her, thank goodness no one was in the right hand lane. Then daft old cow drifts back into left lane and plods off like nothing has happened.

She got some 75 hornage and a 'Get off the fckin road you silly old cow' but looked back as if to say 'What did I do'?    (thanks to friendly Volvo massive driver who witnessed it and let me back in lane quickly before I was diverted off towards London on the A12)

Shortly before this another old biddy tried pulling away in a Pisscasso with her handbrake on... So I drove home ranting about how old people should have to re-take the driving test despite my GF trying to change the subject several times.

I am investing in a dash cam. Any recommendations? Prices vary massively.

Work once asked for my home and mobile numbers, but they never said I needed to keep them current - so both are way out of date.

They do provide a work phone so I answer that if it's a reasonable working hour. I found something in the "company handbook" that says if I phone in sick, I must call (not text or email) and make sure I speak to my line manager or someone of equal or higher grade - so that means I can happily sack off any texts as not seen because the company line is they're not an official form of communication. Email is different because I only get that on my company provided computer so it sits and waits until I'm working, if I connect my personal phone to the server it wants to set a password, and there's something that lets them wipe my phone if they believe it to be lost which I refused to let them have.

It's crazy, I work for an HR function and they're always bleating on about "work life balance", and then they'll schedule a conference call team meeting for 5pm and complain that I'm not participating much - no, because I'm halfway up the M40, the signal is shocking and I've probably got a Volvo XC90 trying to merge into my offside wing. "Can't you take the call on a landline?" they moan - well yeah, I can bunk off work at 3pm to get home if you want? But I suspect you want me to be still sat in an office 100 miles from home into the evening. FRO.

I am investing in a dash cam. Any recommendations? Prices vary massively.

This guy does good reviews with footage

http://www.techmoan.com/guide-to-dashcams/

I like my Transcend Drivepro, I got the 200 model but in all fairness the 100 would have been fine, I've hardly used the WiFi feature and it's easier to unclip the cam and use a second cable to download stuff, leaving the first cable in the car.

Got offered a job last week but still waiting for them to ring an confirm a start date after seeing my qualifications. I know it's been the holidays but just want them to ring.

This isn't helped though by my current boss being a wanker. He knows I've been offered another job, said he come see me on Monday with some money he owes me. Of course he didn't bother turning up, i just can't be arsed chasing him up

As for the dashcams, nobody needs them. The only people getting anything out of them are the manufacturers and youtube's advertising sales team.

Shirley these provide hard evidence in the case of an accident, especially when 99% folk claim it wasn't their fault these days and without a decent witness its only your word against theirs?

Take today for example, if I hit silly old biddy then the evidence is there for all to see (she cut me up rather me just driving into her) which is probably what she'd say.

Must be the time of the year for bad drivers. I drove to Oxfordshire and back in the Victor yesterday, and twice it nearly got written off. The first was in Aylesbury, I was passing a bus stop with a minicab parked in it when all of a sudden he decided to pull out and do a u-turn right in front of me. He looked surprised at the sound of my horn! Then, on the way back on the M25 near Waltham Abbey, a young girl in a KA was leaving the motorway on the slip road, then realised she was taking the wrong exit and literally swerved straight across the hatchings and in front of me, causing me to brake. No "sorry" wave or anything, and she calmly left at the next junction as if nothing had happened. 

I did see a few old cars. All the 'proper' classics (Minor, MK2 Jag, Bentley, A7 etc) ignored me, though I did exchange waves with the driver of a very tidy MK2 Astra hatch. I also saw a Y reg Citroen GS/GSA near Thame - anyone on here? Bloke in his forties driving.

As for the dashcams, nobody needs them. The only people getting anything out of them are the manufacturers and youtube's advertising sales team.

Not true. A friend of mine got an insurance claim, which would have gone down as 50/50, to 100% in his favour once the other chap's insurance saw the footage from his helmet cam.

There were no witnesses, so blokey was quite happy to lie about the circumstances of the collision to try and wriggle off the hook. As long as nobbers like this exist, there will be case for rolling with a camera on.

Every man and his dog has been on the roads today. Had to queue to get into a shopping centre car park, took about 20 minutes to get to the other side (and once you're in there's no escape), actually got parked right outside of the door of the shop I wanted. No fucker would let me out of the parking space so I was sitting there a good ten minutes and it took another 20 to get out. I'd have sacked it off had I not paid for the stuff in advance, I don't do shopping with other people. Got pulled out in front of three times, then a bloke in a van decided it would be a good idea to bump up on the kerb then run across two lanes of traffic on a busy road. He jumped when he nearly got run over. Thick.

I'm a victim of woman logic again.Got to take idiot sister to hospital tomorrow, and also have to take nag food to her stupid horse. Woman logic is do both things at same time.

Problem is I can take my car (disco) which carries nag food fine, but is too tall for the multi story, so drive round and round and round trying to find one of the few street parking spaces. Or I can take her car (picanto) which fits multi story, but everyone gets a sack of food on their lap cos it's a tiny shitbox.

Have pointed out why didn't we take the fucking food today in my car and hospital in her car tomorrow, but no, that's illegal and I must now be punished with shoutyness alternated with silent treatment.

tldr: wimmin.

I sometimes look on the new car comics websites because I bought Autocar religiously when I was young and I am still interested in some new cars, especially if they're something different like the new Mustang.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-mustang-versus-bmw-m235i-comparison

Troy Queef writes...

like staging an NFL game at Wembley

The Mustang is global now, Limey

a fog so sumptuously thick that even air traffic control has bent to its will

like a herd of bison, the Mustang is best viewed in proper Panavision

That notion hardens like animal fat in the arteries upon driving.

Awful, unreadable dreck. I can't believe he referenced Alan Partridge unironically at the start of the article, he's like Partridge if he wrote about cars.

LOL that is indeed thunderously shit. There is a particular writing style that these goons employ which tells you they have completely missed the point and will never pen a decent, informative, thought provoking passage of text.

One of my dream cars, not logic cars is a Lancia 8.32. I live in a part of the world where they just don't exist  so I am safe. I opened the local classic car mag yesterday , glanced at the for sales and saw it. Lancia 8.32 newly imported, has passed compliance checking (partial strip-down looking fer faults, rust, accident damage etc) low mileage and now ready to go. Priced well at $17,000 for the local market and of course I can't afford it.

Back to reality then...