The grumpy thread

Grind two ibuprofen, a paracetamol, an aspirin and two fizzy-make-feel-good alkaseltzers in a pestle and mortar. Mix with a pint of flat ginger ale and the blood of your firstborn lamb.

Consume at the break of first light.

Recipe from Aristotle's annals of quackery.

flat Dr Pepper & a big bag of low-quality onion rings. Works a treat, IMO.

My grump is the new brake flexi for the Fiat turned up today but Im in tatters today with some sort of lurgy and unable to take advantage of my last day to fit and go for a blat.

Even watching endless top gear on Dave is failing to keep me awake

I don't ever catch colds, flu, lurgey since giving gluten the elbow some years ago, but when I notice them doing the rounds plague fashion I do notice very slight symptoms, did believe them emphatic but now realise I'm actually a carrier, I am the bastard that delivers misery and suffering, merry xmas.

A bottle of vodka at 43 years old is never a good idea. Nor is two bottles of wine and a couple of shots of brandy beforehand. Oh yes, whisky, mustn't forget the whisky.

Roll on tomorrow. I'm going to regret this. A lot.

Don't regret, embrace! There's always a tactical chunder to get you out of a hole

I am not usually given to acts of self harm, yet for some reason I voluntarily watched the Mini episode of Classic Car Rescue the other night... actually, the truth is that I watched it twice as I was hammered the first time and fell asleep.  I think I derived the most benefit from my first viewing.

Are we really so fucking retarded that the producers of these "reality" shows expect us to believe that the caricature baldy norf lahdahn turd burgling felcher hired a couple of knuckle dragging thugs to move the car who then decided to roll it off the truck - and somehow they still managed to restore it in 7 days for £1 5s 6d.

Hasn't anyone taken out a contract on Bernie yet?  Or, Mario for that matter?  If there's a whip round to have them iced, count me in.

11:00 yesterday- "Everybody has worked hard this year so we'll give you Christmas Eve off."

Good, that gives me more time to do some last minute stuff before going to my dad's for dinner.

09:45 today- "There's been a call-out in Dufftown (Four hours each way, with the prospect of spending the night in the van if there's an accident on the A9. Which there will be,)"

I wonder if now would be a good time to discuss the call-out rota and on-call payments that were talked about but never materialised.

I thought I'd escaped the crapmass classic of selling on evilbay, but no, like that bastard slade song it's been wheeled out again:

Just wondering how long delivery usually takes as i ordered a while back and delivery date was stated 16th dec wanted dice for xmas day and still have not arrived.

Well done love. Wait till there's absolutely fuck all I can do about it short of driving 300 miles to ram your £1.50 purchase up your arse. Don't forget to leave negative feedback that I've ruined little Timmy's christmas.

Got a letter from the DVLA this morning saying "last chance to tax your car" strange that as I taxed it online on the 3rd of December and have a confirmation email.... checked my bank and find they haven't set up the direct debit of taken the money.... phoned them to find they are closed until Tuesday.... muppets ..... good job I carry my confirmation email in the car.... how many people are going to lose their *untaxed cars because the DVLA cannot get even the simple things right...

So decided to retax the car ....once again I get a confirmation email.... lets see if they can get this one right.... now have 2 confirmation emails of me taxing the car... lol....

• Mrs6C changed the title to The grumpy thread