The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I think Airzound horns are quite loud. http://www.airzound.co.uk/

I bought an earlier model Airzound 20 years ago, and I can confirm that they are indeed quite loud.  Only problem is the air tank is quite small so one sustained angry blast is enough to pretty much empty it.  Mine still works fine, but is perhaps more solidly made than the current model (air tank is alloy rather than plastic).

The Autoshite facebook page is bent as fuck, someone posted a very nice XM belonging too their elderly mother whos retired from driving, one of the admin starts stiffing around it it asking if it's for sale, i point out that its probably worth quite a bit a bit (42k X plate 3.0 V6 Executive with 1 owner last registered one of it's kind) so admin deleted my post after telling me to shut up... Not good form.

TOP TIP

Driving in teatime rush hour traffic? Need to answer the phone but don't want to get fined? Simply stop dead on the Tees Flyover and put your hazard lights on to take the call, then pull away again when you have finished your 5 minute chat. Nothing will happen and you absolutely won't gridlock the whole of the northbound A19 and the A66.

I couldn't believe it - a Black Golf did this at half five yesterday, I assumed it was broken as everyone squeezed into one lane but no, she put her phone away, turned the hazards off and pulled away right in front of me.

The continuing saga of trades who don't want to do ANYTHING out of the ordinary. Got a valeter/detailer chap out to sort out my water stained bootlid, he had a bit of a go then declared he needed some special/magic stuff and would be round on Saturday morning (today). No show/no call so just rang him to be told various people have said it's impossible and needs painting, so he's not coming.

No call.

No apology.

Ho hum....

Water stains should come out. A bottle of lime prime light should do it, light isn't as abrasive, its more of a paint cleaner/conditioner so could lift them right out assuming they haven't fucked the lacquer etc. It may at least hide them enough to not be visible under a few coats of wax.

Or do the water stains simply need drying off?

Water stains should come out. A bottle of lime prime light should do it, light isn't as abrasive, its more of a paint cleaner/conditioner so could lift them right out assuming they haven't fucked the lacquer etc. It may at least hide them enough to not be visible under a few coats of wax.

Or do the water stains simply need drying off?

Top tip. On french-polished furniture you can get water marks out by wiping them over with meths and setting light to the fumes blowing them across the white mark which it miraculously lifts through the polish. I would not recommend trying this on your bootlid.

I just drove the rover 10 miles and it did it's Thomas the tank engine bit again . I was thinking that when I drove it the other night I had the heater on as Id switched the heater on when trying to bleed it. On my return journey I started it with the heater on and it was totally fine . I even turned the heater off after 5 mins and it stayed fine . I know with the heater on you're extending the cooling system but why would it remain okay once it's heated up even when I put it back to cold ?

I also had someone offer to buy it in aldi car park. It wasn't shooting stream at this point obviously .

Maybe the Golf driver on the phone was like the Merc 4x4 driver that stopped on the M25, in the outside lane, because a warning light had illuminated.

The wombles turned up, closed the lane, went over to try and assess the problem and found the low fuel light had come on.

Maybe Golf Lady phoned someone only to be told "Don't be daft, that green arrow means you found the indicator"

A bit back now I ended up listening to Radio 1 one Sat morning and thought I'd give it a chance again. Big mistake. It now seems in recent weeks that every show has the same inane dickhead DJ babbling on in what seems to be one big 'in house' joke with some other tit in the studio, then have people ringing them up and they talk complete bollocks as well.

i did that this afternoon, just stopped in the middle of the road, on the way out of Pickering near to the petrol station at Middleton, and did someone driving the other way, into town, they stopped as well.

we just stopped dead, either side of the road with the hazards on.

why?

cos mammy duck had decided to take a dozen of so ducklings, ranging in size from nearly as big as her to some tiny little fluff balls for a paddle on the duck pond, only for the ducklings to decide that they didn't want to go onto the pond, but actually go mill about before going back where they had caom from!

now how can that be a grump? well the bell end behind leaning on his horn cos it seems that i had stopped in his way just for fun didnt help. especially with already nervous young animals running over the road.

and yes, it was some piece of shit golf thing....

I listened to chris moyles when he was on radio one as he gradually disappeared up his own arse. He's now back on xfm, radio-x or what ever the fuck it's called now and he's transferred the radio 1 show to this new show but now it has adverts and he's more of a dick and he's has a pose of laughing gibbons.

Unlistenable 

I like Sean Keaveny and Rad Mac on Radio6 are good but the rest can be hard work.