The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Have you any existing relationship with HSBC or M&S Financial Services? Wonder if some bizarre transfer has taken place.

Maybe they will put £10k in "your" account at some stage!!

Managed to tweak my back at work today, it's been three years since I last had hassle but needed spinal,injections that time. It is bloody painful but not as bad as last time so hoping it will settle. Bloody typical it happens just after I have got a new car that needs a load of work.

Been out and about trying to buy a Mini convertible for Mrs T. Looked at six cars in total and probably spent the same amount as our budget on fuel.

Two observations:

1. Does no-one keep a service history, or bother servicing, any more? And by FSH I mean stamps and invoices. Not, as two garages tried to show me, a sheaf of crumpled RAC breakdown reports, and in one car, an on board service indicator proudly flashing away that the car was due a service -20,000 miles ago!

2. Do garages not do deals any longer? One example ticked all the boxes, but the fact it had four bald (but at least matching) tyres. When I say bald, I mean not legal, too. Price: £2850 I offer £2650 cash, expecting to have to come up a bit, meet in the middle. Their best deal? £2850

After my Mum passing away four weeks ago and having to explain death to my right year old son I've got the double whammy of his other dotimg grandmother shuffling her mortal coil while they're all away on holiday in Scotland. For once I actually feel empathy with my ex wife.

Sorry to hear that WTC.

My grump seems somewhat trivial but here goes anyway.

Took smallest Lobster to swimming lesson. Two of the other kids in the pool belonged to one of the other parents sat waiting. The kids names - Porsha and Texas. I mean FFS. This is the north of England dammit.

Did a heater resistor on a scenic 2 today . Jesus wept !

The customer is a google mechanic and said you can do it through the speedo hole and gave me the spiel from the supplier of the resistor . Sneaky fuckers show you pics from the grand scenic with much larger clocks .

So on the std one you need to drop the steering column and most of the rh dash lowers .

Just

No

Need !

Sorry to hear that WTC.

My grump seems somewhat trivial but here goes anyway.

Took smallest Lobster to swimming lesson. Two of the other kids in the pool belonged to one of the other parents sat waiting. The kids names - Porsha and Texas. I mean FFS. This is the north of England dammit.

Possibly where the two little darlings were conceived.

Still to be fair they didn't just consult the top 20 chart for the name of some twerp warbling out modern shit music.

Possibly where the two little darlings were conceived.

Still to be fair they didn't just consult the top 20 chart for the name of some twerp warbling out modern shit music.

twins at a party my daughter went to were called storm and cloud, I joked that the younger kid could be called drizzle, it didn't go down well.

Did a heater resistor on a scenic 2 today . Jesus wept !

The customer is a google mechanic and said you can do it through the speedo hole and gave me the spiel from the supplier of the resistor . Sneaky fuckers show you pics from the grand scenic with much larger clocks .

So on the std one you need to drop the steering column and most of the rh dash lowers .

Just

No

Need !

post-18224-0-21278500-1460578108_thumb.jpg

Been out and about trying to buy a Mini convertible for Mrs T. Looked at six cars in total and probably spent the same amount as our budget on fuel.

Two observations:

1. Does no-one keep a service history, or bother servicing, any more? And by FSH I mean stamps and invoices. Not, as two garages tried to show me, a sheaf of crumpled RAC breakdown reports, and in one car, an on board service indicator proudly flashing away that the car was due a service -20,000 miles ago!

2. Do garages not do deals any longer? One example ticked all the boxes, but the fact it had four bald (but at least matching) tyres. When I say bald, I mean not legal, too. Price: £2850 I offer £2650 cash, expecting to have to come up a bit, meet in the middle. Their best deal? £2850

No excuse for a dealer for not having a code reader to reset the service indicator.  People don't keep bills, and you can't trust a stamped up service book.

I don't haggle on price, I haggle on condition. That WILL need 4 new tyres, they will need to be run-flats and they need to be continentals, Pirellis or mitchelins. Plus it will need a full service, and new disk and pads, and this scratch sorting. Get all that sorted and get me a 12 month warranty and 12months MOT and 6 months tax and I'll give you £2850 cash.

When we bought our Bini it was bought on a whim, based on the colour, we didn't need to buy one, and just happened to see it as we drove past. No research was done.

I didn't want to buy it because of the rear lights, and in the end we haggled on bodging the dented bumper

post-17612-0-09349400-1460579354_thumb.jpgpost-17612-0-64492200-1460579216_thumb.jpg

I can't understand people like that, I really can't. I wouldn't walk into a Jag dealer, look around an F type, and when informed that the car is £30k turn round Mike Brewer style and offer a Costa Coffee loyalty card with nine stamps on it and hold out my hand expectantly.

New F type for £30k? Where do I sign? They start around double that methinks. Still would though.

'My wife/girlfriend/partner/husband/boyfriend is my soul mate/life partner/makes me complete/has changed my life...'

Yeah, cheers for telling us that every two pissing minutes on social media, Captain Insecure.

Two observations:

1) it seems that way - amount of cars that pass through my hands with missing history is pretty shocking. Better than faking it I suppose.

2) I'd never offer a car to a customer with bald tyres but don't usually have much room for negotiation in my pricing either... Margins are tight and with the race to the bottom on price that the Internet encourages a lot of cars are priced to sell.