The grumpy thread

outlaw118

+100 million.

In fact, all adverts with a slow/sad version of a song can FRO right now please, even the charity ones.

Exactly. Why do advertisers think a shitty acoustic vision of a song I liked twenty years ago (preferably sung by a girl with a croaky voice and mockney accent) is the way to sell stuff?

Fucking weather is pissing me right off. I have lots of things outside I need to do (clean my car, polish the interior, hoover it out, get a coat of wax on it - that sort of VERY important thing!) and it has been pissing down for the last three days without any form of break. Added to that, the wind is gusting at about the speed of fucking sound so even opening a car door is an event that could result in the door ending up in the next county along with its hinges!

Yes, it has actually been raining daily for about two months, but it usually has a break for an hour or two while it catches its breathe!

Its been pretty damned good here in grim overpopulated overbuilt Northants, showers yes but nearly every day we've got the dogs out and had a pleasant stroll while they find and chase bunnies...thought the Cocker was going to go head first down a deep warren today, had visions of rushing home for me spade and digging the little bugger out.

I haven't been to Torbay since, bugger me must have been on a night out in me lorry about 30 years ago, it was lovely and sunny then on the English Riviera, what went wrong, global warming?

Interesting Gaz 21 on Leboncoin, tatty but seemingly complete, at 900 sponds, elicited an immediate enquiry.

Seems it's now 3000 sponds. Seems it's now in Moldavia ( although he did tell me exactly where that is!)

Seems I have to pay by Western Trust, quickly, as others are interested.

More pics? Nope? Papers? Possibly Moldavian.

Think I'll pass...

It's climate change now.

Shame really, I was looking forward to getting a bit of sun on me bonce all year round.

Four years ago, flooding was so bad here that the railway almost got washed away. Five years ago, it was snowing so much that we couldn't get out of the village and was so cold EVERYTHING froze solid. While I'm no climate change denier, I do also think you can't judge it over a handful of years.

I hit a tiny, cat sized deer this morning. Saw it run out of the field, and alongside me on the other side of the road as I slowed down a fair bit, then over it darted. No point in slamming the brakes on, so braced and felt it go under. Little scamp broke the bit of wood that's been holding my passenger wheel arch together for the past 2 years. Will hope the rest of the remaining clips hold it together tonight and tomorrow, and have the wheel off and get the cable ties out over the weekend.

I turned the music off after I heard the crunch for a moment of silence, and to check there were no funny noises.. Poor thing, I ruined it's christmas. Thank fook it wasn't any larger though

To avoid hangovers, drink two pints of water before you go to bed, after years of hangovers, this worked everytime. Apart from feeling a bit tired due to being up until 4am, you won't get any headaches/nausea, etc.

PS Don't piss the bed. Especially if you've just brought you date home for the first time.

PPS If you do piss the bed, wake her up and scream 'You've pissed the bed!'

Grump based on doing favours for relatives....

As a (retired) electrician am occasionally called out to do electrical jobs for mates/relatives. Old aunt called me out to repair her central heating controller and faulty fire alarm. Went out. Did the job. She then showed me two kitchen lights not working. Needs new transformers and fittings. Will get them I said, so she gave me £20 for parts. Total charge for fixing heating and fire alarm £30 plus the £20 for the lighting stuff.

She gave me £50. Lighting parts came to £18

Silly bugger now claims that she gave me £50 for materials to fix the lights and has totally forgotten the other work!

Now telling all and sundry that I am a rogue that overcharges old ladies.

I give up. You do your best and get shafted by the very people you are trying to help.

Edit. She also called me out last November in a panic. Her heating had gone off and would not come on again. A local plumber had been called out, didn't fix it and she paid him £70 call out charge. I did actually fix it and didn't charge her anything as ' old lady in winter' .

Now she accuses me of overcharging.... Am proper angry! Grrrrrrrrrr

With regard to helping mates/family with your profession... just don't! It always ends up either costing you money or bad will... or both!

Yes, it is the Bentley that got scuffed. Looks like someone tried to park by just pulling in front of the old lass and has kissed the passenger side bumper. It was just fooking resprayed because of that! It's not too bad to be honest, 'T' cut and some polish has most of it out but still a few marks, but worse, it has loosened the corner of the bumper and it is now slightly lower than the rest.

Annoying.

peeps today though just don't respect other folks possessions or cars and that, it just boils my piss cos you can guarantee that if it was you who kissed the front of their shit heap hp-ed car,. they would be the first to whinge and whine and start bleetin' on about their "rights" etc, fuckers..

as such i could not "like" a post about the Bentley getting bumped, we so, so need a "dislike" button.

Grind two ibuprofen, a paracetamol, an aspirin and two fizzy-make-feel-good alkaseltzers in a pestle and mortar. Mix with a pint of flat ginger ale and the blood of your firstborn lamb.

Consume at the break of first light.

Recipe from Aristotle's annals of quackery.

flat Dr Pepper & a big bag of low-quality onion rings. Works a treat, IMO.

My grump is the new brake flexi for the Fiat turned up today but Im in tatters today with some sort of lurgy and unable to take advantage of my last day to fit and go for a blat.

Even watching endless top gear on Dave is failing to keep me awake