The grumpy thread

outlaw118

That's it. After 35 years of avid following I have decided that F1 is officially a load of shit.

I have turned it off in favour of doing a pile of ironing. If a diehard like me prefers ironing to racing then I can't see how it has more than five years left in it.

U R DOIN IT RONG. Sack the race off but watch the gossip bits before and after, works well here. I think I need Spa or Monza for a visit next year before they sack the course off too, but I would actually like to visit on a Friday when you can mooch, and watch the race at home. I might be odd.

Had yet another no-show for the Master van today. I spoke on the phone to this one yesterday and he repeatedly assured me he wasn't "one of those Gumtree messers" and that he'd be at mine this morning, but he nver showed up.

That's about 15 messers so far.  I'm beginning to think the van is cursed.  Maybe bub2006 once sat in it or something.

:mad:

Had yet another no-show for the Master van today. I spoke on the phone to this one yesterday and he repeatedly assured me he wasn't "one of those Gumtree messers" and that he'd be at mine this morning, but he nver showed up.

That's about 15 messers so far.  I'm beginning to think the van is cursed.  Maybe bub2006 once sat in it or something.

"Oh, that's great you're not a messer. You won't mind giving me your debit card number then will you, I charge any messers £25 for a failed viewing but as you're not a messer, you'll be fine. So, the long card number when you're ready please....."

Still hearing that miserable toss "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran in public places regularly, where I can't get to a place where it can no longer be heard. I can't stand his music anyway, but I have a particular hatred for that whiney hipster bullshit ballad.

It came out 14 months ago, isn't that decades by throwaway pop music standards and therefore everyone should have forgotten it exists by now?

Had yet another no-show for the Master van today. I spoke on the phone to this one yesterday and he repeatedly assured me he wasn't "one of those Gumtree messers" and that he'd be at mine this morning, but he nver showed up.

That's about 15 messers so far. I'm beginning to think the van is cursed. Maybe bub2006 once sat in it or something.

Very annoying when you want to sell something. It wasn't me though who sat in it.

3 hours again on the car today. I got the steering wheel off (after another hour fucking about trying to get the airbag off, turns out the clips are totally different to any other VAG airbag I've ever done). Took all the bloody cowlings off etc etc, clocks out. Swapped in the new indicator stalks with cruise control function, linked up 6 of the 7 wires that needed to be run to the brake lights switch and the body control module etc. The 7th wire though. That goes to an "electrical distribution unit" that I didn't recognise.

90 minutes later I find it. It's mounted on the bulkhead. Right at the fuckin top on the inside. In the way of it is the body control module, the plastic frame that holds a load of relays, the accelerator pedal, a big bit of aluminium that supports the dash and about 200metres of wires.

The only way I'm going to be able to get to this is to take the whole dashboard out. Of a 2005 VAG car, at the side of the road outside my house where you can't leave the car open or walk inside for a second or your tools will all be gone by the time you come back.

I wouldn't think twice about doing the job in a garage but there's no chance of that outside here at this time of year. FFS, £89 wasted I suppose.

That's it. After 35 years of avid following I have decided that F1 is officially a load of shit.

I have turned it off in favour of doing a pile of ironing. If a diehard like me prefers ironing to racing then I can't see how it has more than five years left in it.

World Endurance Championship is where it's at. With 4 classes on track at once then there is usually something interesting happening somewhere on the circuit.

Also things like a broken brake disk or knackered throttle cable aren't an out of the race situation, but a chance for an epic run through the field.

Finally Corvette V8 sounds

When F1 is struggling to seem interesting in the 10-minute highlights you get on BBC News, you know it really is f*cked. Formula E can be quite entertaining, though I'm really not a fan of street circuits. The European Rallycross is good fun - because there's such a dynamic to the ways the cars corner. Bodyroll, pitch and dive and dirty great sideways moments. But Le Mans this year was a revelation. Hugely entertaining. I watched a huge amount of it. Great commentary team and great action.

Got referral letter regarding my respitory problems.

On phone for 20 minutes just waiting to speak to someone - when I get through I am given a choice of appointments at different hospitals.

Only problem is NHS bod cant book any due to technical problems. A complete fucking waste of time.

When Charlie was born the NHS staff were superb. However, where I've been concerned it's been utter wank.

It's times like this I can see why the government wants to shake things up.

In relation to formula 1 - I would sooner look at mud. Hamilton may be a good driver, but as a personality how can you possibly compare him to the likes of James Hunt, who as well as a ladies man, was also a man's man.

Bathroom saga update #3.

Put new bolts on toilet seat and get it tightened up and safe.  A few hours later, extractor fan stops working.

I think there's only the window blind and the radiator left now for a full house of breakages in that room.  *goes off to find out if anyone died in there in its history*

Did Bub2006 live in that house once?

It's rained on me most of the morning at work.  Went to Asda after for some shopping and it kept on raining...

Got home and unloaded and the rain seemed to have stopped, so I took my dog out.  She hates rain, won't go out in it, you have to dodge between the showers.  While we were out, guess what, the rain came down harder than ever.  We got thoroughly soaked.  I'm sitting here in my pyjamas now, because at least they were dry.

It's times like this I can see why the government wants to shake things up.

It's because the government shook up something that was working pretty well (not perfectly, but what does?) that the NHS is in its current state of FUBAR.

POLICY: defund, denigrate, divest.

It's mounted on the bulkhead. Right at the fuckin top on the inside. In the way of it is the body control module, the plastic frame that holds a load of relays, the accelerator pedal, a big bit of aluminium that supports the dash and about 200metres of wires.

Employ a Victorian urchin child to climb up and attach the wire - they have lots of experience climbing chimneys so should find it an easy job.