The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Am on hols with a fiat 500 hire car and what a hateful car it is. It is devoid of any driving experience what so ever.

This time last year, I was on holiday in Britain and buzzed around in one of these and felt pretty much the same. At first, I gave it some beans, until I took a large 2 lane roundabout which our SAAB 9000 used to take in its stride. The 500 went very wobbly in a frankly scary way. 'Oh well, it's a shopping car, just take it easy', I thought. Then I took a small, poorly maintained roundabout in Keswick at very low speed and the rear end was skittish and very unsettling - even Mrs_Jon picked up on it as a passenger. If you do try and actually store anything of useful size in the boot, don't be tempted to gently press it shut with your knee, as you'll crease the boot lid. I do see the appeal but only to pensioners and the like, really. Our old Uno 70 sx ie was much, much more fun to drive.

Mrs_Jon started a little game of hitting me and shouting out the colour of car when she saw another 500, until it became apparent that they were very popular and I was much better at spotting them. Funny how the game lost its appeal after that....

I've spotted a dilapidated volvo amazon here in south cornwall, all overgrown and neglected... The owner won't answer his door though.

Infuriating!!

That looks well rooted, probably best left where it is for the sake of the local wildlife that call it 'home'

Bit of a grump as I fear for the future. I'm a member of several model bus sites on facebook, most of the members are very well behaved and I have no qualms trading with them but problems always seem to come from the youngsters. It's a dying hobby we really need to get more young people involved in but these kids really aren't helping themselves as they just end up pissing everyone off and getting banned. Some examples:

-Pestering to buy something that's not for sale (usually for far less than it's worth)

-Asking inane/stupid questions that can easily be answered by google

-Wanting to buy something and pay later as they can't afford it now

-Making an insulting offer well below the advertised price and then taking the hump when it's rejected

-Placing a wanted ad for something that doesn't even exist

-Placing a wanted ad but only being willing to pay way below the going rate (had a good example yesterday with someone wanting a plain white repainted Enviro400 for less than a tenner. Those cost £20-30 new so you'd be looking at £50-60 minimum for a repaint. Jog on son.)

-Agreeing a deal  and then finding excuses to get out of it

-Buying something 'because they really want it' and then readvertising it straightaway at a higher price

I'm all for supporting the younger generation but they really don't seem to know how to behave in adult society anymore. I was 13 when I started but I would never have dreamed of behaving like some of these kids. It's not as if buying stuff is difficult. See something you like, contact the seller and pay for it, and if you can't afford it don't try to buy it. Simples.

I can remember being a right old useless little shit on the internet back in the day but it certainly has got worse. Now I've grown up and I am selling models on ebay and elsewhere I find myself inundated with stupid messages clearly written by kids, the last one on ebay wanted me to hold the item for a month after he had won it on ebay so he could pay for it. Unsurprisingly he had plenty of negative feedback from sellers who he had never paid but luckily he never bid which saved me the grief. I think the essential problem is that the age of people using the internet is getting lower and lower with predictable consequences.

Soz, no more pics as I dont want to tresspass. Ive googled the address and have a phone number, its the chairman of the Volvo enthusiasts club wot owns it. Last taxed in 02.

Chod spotting and the odd bit of tresspassing go hand in hand, just gotta be hot on your heels after the pap has taken place 8)  (or pedal like fook in my case).

My own grump - good ol fashioned moaning about the weather.

Its pissing down, which means I cant work, which means I dont get paid.

But if I do try to work in between rainstorms, this shit tends to happen....

IMG_20140812_1251371.jpg

A slightly bumpy bit of a track I clear every now and then had turned into a bog. I had to then trudge back up a couple of kilometers of steep-ass hill to get the 4x4 and wrestle it down the narrow track to tow the tractor out.

Bad luck Our 455 was four wheel drive and it never got stuck even in the bogg garden after rain, the replacement Kubota gets stuck though as it weighs over a ton.

Ebay are now going to make the seller pay return postage for NAD/faulty items and 'May refund the buyer without requiring them to return the item and in turn we will seek reimbursement from sellers.'

The final and biggest green light for scamming and thieving 'buyers' they could ever wish for .

I think it's time for a new bank account with £1 in it to use for Paypal so they can FRO if they try to take money out to refund a dishonest buyer.

Stupid cunt in tesco that spent ages fucking about with vouchers, then had the woman on the till scan some beer behind her so he could use more vouchers. No word of a sorry from either of them then the twat says can he split the £130 bill on two credit cards! Stupid mother fucker then pulls a wanker face as we pick up our stuff and move checkout.....

Gets to the car park and an old shite is pulling out badly from a parent and child spot, as they leave another old fucker just drives straight in. They would be the first to complain if I parked in a disabled* spot.

Fucking Pontefract I don't know why I go there is just pisses me off, it did smell really nice of haribo though :-)

WIN! Managed to speak to a young lady at the Amazon house who informed me that the owner had moved away and effectively abandoned the poor Volvo. She didn't have a number but google has provided me with a new phone number to contact him on.

I took some more photos. Its actually an estate but unfortunately the rear windows are smashed and it's quite rotten, not beyond redemption however. Obv, I must contact the owner and see if I can become its new custodian.

Also on site is a very overgrown and corroded 480.

Ebay are now going to make the seller pay return postage for NAD/faulty items and 'May refund the buyer without requiring them to return the item and in turn we will seek reimbursement from sellers.'

The final and biggest green light for scamming and thieving 'buyers' they could ever wish for .

I think it's time for a new bank account with £1 in it to use for Paypal so they can FRO if they try to take money out to refund a dishonest buyer.

"eBay Money Back Guarantee" - since when should you have protection that is above buying new from a shop for selling second hand stuff.... crazy, they really are going to get to the point where people just piss on them.

Oh and they now will fleece you for upto £250 in final valuation fees rather than the £75.00 cap.

Gumtree only let you sell three cars a year before they decide you're a trader and you have to pay. They're also owned by eBay (so I was told) so whilst most things are free to advertise, it's worth using. 

Gumtree only let you sell three cars a year before they decide you're a trader and you have to pay. They're also owned by eBay (so I was told) so whilst most things are free to advertise, it's worth using. 

PAYG sim + hotmail address + three more cars.

Cheers, I don't put my phone number anyhow as I prefer to exchange a few emails to judge whether the 'buyer' is a waste of space or not, so I'll try the Hotmail trick, thanks.

i have been informed that a fuck load of our oirish speaking caravan dwelling, thieving little bastards have set up camp less than a mile away from fordperv towers and have been already trying to rob our local shops, every one in stoke lock up your shite

WIN! Managed to speak to a young lady at the Amazon house who informed me that the owner had moved away and effectively abandoned the poor Volvo. She didn't have a number but google has provided me with a new phone number to contact him on.

I took some more photos. Its actually an estate but unfortunately the rear windows are smashed and it's quite rotten, not beyond redemption however. Obv, I must contact the owner and see if I can become its new custodian.

Also on site is a very overgrown and corroded 480.

I reckon you have slipped through a hole in the space time continuum and that is dugong's exhouse.

Make a low offer and see if he tells you to fuck off