The grumpy thread

outlaw118

What makes the Meriva (and the Zafira) interesting is that it is nigh-on impossible to find kiddie seats that fit properly into the rear, thus making them pretty pointless.

Sodding kids, they get it too cushy nowadays, I don't recall ever having a child seat and doubt very much my folks would have even considered their existence. I'd generally get to sit on a seatbelt-less back seat, but also all kinds of more life-threatening places, the boot of a Sierra 5-door hatch, the front passenger footwell of a MK2 Cavalier, the general loadspace of a MK2 Transit.Stick 'em all on a roofrack, that's what I say.

I am depressed, because I have just noticed that Channel 5 are remaking Minder. With Shane Richie. So it will, inevitably, be shit. That is all.

Are you sure that this isnt some sort of joke?
Yeah just saw the trailer, marked it off as one to miss.

Which, given its current activities, means my freeview box will probably record it. And miss something I had marked to record. And then tell me that my 80Gb drive holds 20 hours of TV, but fill up over 6 hours on one episode of Neighbours. And then jump randomly all over the place when you're trying to fast-forward the ads. And then for no apparent reason, duplicate programs it does remember to record to eat up even more precious recording space.

It seriously is getting annoyingly flaky, but I don't want to shell out on another. I might try taking it apart tomorrow when SWMBO is out and whang a bigger hard drive in it, see what happens. Failing that buy the PlayTV thang for my PS3.

What makes the Meriva (and the Zafira) interesting is that it is nigh-on impossible to find kiddie seats that fit properly into the rear, thus making them pretty pointless.

Sodding kids, they get it too cushy nowadays, I don't recall ever having a child seat and doubt very much my folks would have even considered their existence. I'd generally get to sit on a seatbelt-less back seat, but also all kinds of more life-threatening places, the boot of a Sierra 5-door hatch, the front passenger footwell of a MK2 Cavalier, the general loadspace of a MK2 Transit.Stick 'em all on a roofrack, that's what I say.
I remember, and this would have been mid-80s, having a booster seat. It was a lump of polystyrene, roughly square with a sloping front and then a 'horn' either side so the seatbelt went over your lap, under the horns. It started out life with a grey cover but that got torn, and then i used to spend jounrneys picking at the polystyrene.

aged 6 I went on an outing with my local summer kids club, which was a trip to the beach. hire a coach? why bother when a shagged out luton van's cheaper! what seemed like about forty of us went the whole way with the back shutter door open and only the folded tail lift to stop any one falling out. I wanted to climb into the bit above the cab but wasn't tall enough :( unfortunately I remember nothing about what the chassis actually was, mk2 transit more than likely although it could have been some real seventies grot like a dodge s46 or maybe something bmc shaped.try to pull the same stunt nowadays and the youth centre would get its arse sued before you can mutter the words 'elf and safety.

Sodding kids, they get it too cushy nowadays, I don't recall ever having a child seat and doubt very much my folks would have even considered their existence. I'd generally get to sit on a seatbelt-less back seat, but also all kinds of more life-threatening places, the boot of a Sierra 5-door hatch, the front passenger footwell of a MK2 Cavalier, the general loadspace of a MK2 Transit.
My favourite place to beon long journeys was in the load area of dad's Mk 1 'tina estate. I suppose, to be fair, roads were MUCH quiter back then, so the percieved risk was much lower. However, the ACTUAL risk was much higher, due to flimsier vehicles and no seat belts. I'm sure I've read somewhere that annual road deaths are at the lowest they've ever been since the invention of the car, thanks to the improvement in safety design.

folded tail lift

Luxury

Sodding kids, they get it too cushy nowadays, I don't recall ever having a child seat and doubt very much my folks would have even considered their existence.

nor mine, years of bouncing round on the back seat of my ma's Fiat 500 and mt Pa's GS did me no disfavours at all....hang on, why do i like this forum so much...

Unemployed people who play crappy hip-hop at 11am when their neighbours are having the first lie-in they have managed to get for 3 weeks because some of us have to work for a living.This is rather a personal one I know. He is nearing 40 and still listens to teenager music. Prick.

Amazing, isn't it. You'd think there'd be more comaptibility rather than less these days, especially with this ISOFIX thing.

That might be the reason though. The Yaris has Isofix so that's probably the car seat compatability section ticked off Toyotas list so they mount the belts in a way that doesn't consider anything else. Looks like we're going to get an ISOfix seat for her car now as ickle_Seth is getting too big for the one she's been using.

I thought I could get loads of the kids' mates in the Land Rover, it being a 12 seater and all. Sadly, kids aren't allowed in the rear seats because they're sideways facing. So it's a mere 6 seater, and the one in the middle at the front gets to kick it out of gear when we're driving along :? The rear (squaddie) seats are reserved for grown ups, open the rear door and jump out, into a forward roll and get a mark on the snipers. Works great in Homebase car park :D

• 1 month later...

Whilst I've mentioned this before, I'm i the mood for a good rant so...For the purposes of this we'll call where I live "Village A" and the small town three miles up the road "Town B". The postmen round here must be as thick as pig shit. For 18 months or so I've been getting mail for someone in at the same house number and street as me but in "Town B". usually it's the same thing; their monthly garage statement but there's always something new to look forward to :roll: It was a CD yesterday. I posted this back along with last month's statement I found that I'd forgotten.Today last month's statement came back to me along with this month's. Now I could understand it if my mail was going to them because my little "Village A" is out in the stykx and "Town B" has a decent sized post office where I presume the postmen do their sorting for the area.Why then when they are in "Town B" with a letter marked "Town B" they feel the need to bring it to me in "Village A" I cannot fathom. Is it just too fucking hard? Even having the correct postcode and my sarky remarks on the envelopes doesn't deter them.Ok so I haven't got round to contoacting the PO to put a monitor on it, but why the hell should I? Employ someone with a bit of common sense FFS.Which place are you in? "Village A"What does it say on the envelope? "Town B"Does this letter go in this letter box then? Errrr? :? AAARRRGGGHHHHelp me Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Been watching the new "Minder" peogramme and, at the risk of incurring wrath of numerous members, I quite like it! There are subtle references to the old series and I have heard a rumour that George Cole MIGHT be making an appearance in one of the later episodes. When the series was planned the creators were worried that under 25s wouldn't watch, coz there's no violence, and over 45s wouldn't watch, coz it's herasy to re-make a classic! I'm quite defintely in the latter catagory, but watch the old and the new programmes, one after the other; the old one on ITV4 at 8am and the new at 9pm on Five-"Common, Terrance, you're holding folding-get 'em in!"Andrew353w

Bloody spastic mentalist arsebargle of a day. :evil: 1) nearly hit deranged bint in a Fiesta this morning who (in snow) pulled out in front of me - no arsing way could I stop on the snow how I missed her and the carnage of a previous crash the lord alone knows, obviously he felt I had had my grief fill for the time being.2) brimmed the K11 (now in daily use and K10 up for sale) only to discover petrol pissing from the filler neck. Thats about £1 wasted.2a) got back in and fuse blew on radio.3) spent the day doing bloody arsing paperwork, went to see some patient only for the unwashed burk to decide he was stopping in bed and wouldnt let me in.4) came home, wrapped wifes birthday presents but first took all the wires out so that first thing tomorrow she can plug her new bloody Wee in and start jogging on the spot - bloody rats nest of wires behind the telly coupled with the fact that with two twatted wrists it was a mare to pull the cabinet out and then push it back again.

Here's a good grump for you. Get a letter through the post today. Parking fine. Which as I had not paid in the first 14 days, they have kindly doubled to £50. Thing is, this is the first I've chuffing heard of it. :evil: I don't dispute that I was parked there at the time of the 'offence'. I phoned them up, and they said they had a photo of the fixed penalty notice attached to the car. Well I never chuffing saw it. I can only assume that someone took it upon themselves to remove the sticky bag with the ticket before I got back to the car. Why someone would do this is beyond me. Trouble is it's nigh-on impossible to prove otherwise. TURDSTEAKS. I'd have coughed up straight away if i'd known I'd been knobbled, but now I've got to pay double. Swines.

No. A thousand times no. This is NOT a serving suggestion. It is a picture of the item inside the box. Please do not insult my intelligence further. I am not a cretin, despite appearances to the contrary :P

:xPosted Image

Posted Image

:roll:

******NEWSFLASH********Cretin hospitalised after eating banana with skin left on after mad bloke from niche website told him to. Pictures at ten **************

http://www.claimsdirect.co.uk/
Have you had an accident at work? Yes I pissed myself laughing when my boss fell off his chair, can we both claim?
Whilst on the subject, am I the only one who wants to put my foot through the tv whenever that injurylawyers4u advert comes up? You know the one, it's got that smug twat who used to be in Eastenders or something. "We hope you never need to call us" yeah right, it's the only reason you parasites stay in business. I love paying increased premiums so that some fat chav can live off their 'whiplash and bad back' payout to buy their lovely new plasma tv

******NEWSFLASH********Cretin hospitalised after eating banana with skin left on after mad bloke from niche website told him to. Pictures at ten **************

http://www.claimsdirect.co.uk/
Have you had an accident at work? Yes I pissed myself laughing when my boss fell off his chair, can we both claim?
Whilst on the subject, am I the only one who wants to put my foot through the tv whenever that injurylawyers4u advert comes up? You know the one, it's got that smug twat who used to be in Eastenders or something. "We hope you never need to call us" yeah right, it's the only reason you parasites stay in business. I love paying increased premiums so that some fat chav can live off their 'whiplash and bad back' payout to buy their lovely new plasma tv
you mean the one that goes;-"Tracey was so fat and stupid that she wore stilletto heels to her job as a hod carrier on a building site and tripped over" We sent the boys round to her employer and put her boss's testicles in a vice until he admitted liability, his insurers were too feeble to challenge the claim and coughed up - we had already talked the thicko into taking out another indemnity policy in case they didn't, so we have our inflated fee and Tracey has £3k to spend on chocolate, spray tanning and a load of tat from Argos
Couldn't agree more. Its another part of the Americanisation of this country- the unpleasant litigation culture.