The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Fuggin newfangled design, fuggin newfangled engineering.

Why is it that everything sold nowadays is either designed by 4-year-olds, or by people who pretend to be stupid as fugg?

Or are they really all fuggin deadfuggs too stupid for anything?

My daugher just bought herself a fuggin newfangled torch light or lamp or whatever that fugg is called in England, you know what I mean. It actually does emit light, much to my surprise, so at least that is something I think nowadays one has to be grateful for.

But for fuggin centuries, you stored a fuggin torch light by standing it upright, lens down, to save space and protect the lens from collecting dust.

Now this fuggin torch light is designed* with rounded ends, which may make it aerodynamically better at 80+ mph or some fugg, but you can only fuggin lay it flat, ffs.

Pisses me off. Not a fuggin thing can be made nowadays that at least partially appears to be designed or engineered by someone with half a brain. I'd be fuggin embarrassed if I had to admit to have anything to do with that torchlight's design and would deny any involvement if I was involved.

Doesn't look like the end of the world though, no?

Get the bits and a sixpack and fix it on Saturday, then off to the re-test and whooshbonk, no?

Doesn't look too bad, no. It's not often you see a 1970s Mini fail sheet with no mention of corrosion!

I'm out of time and love with it though. Weather is turning and only have a tiny yard, limited skill and tools.

Really can't be arsed.

Might just eBay it.

A friend of mine took his 480 Celebration to be MOT'd and it failed because the tester refused to believe the clear front indicator units (with an orange bulb) were standard. He insisted the car 'wasn't made like that' and that matey had to go and get some of the earlier clear \ amber units from a scrapyard.

That must have been infuriating !!! Good to hear that your mate complained to the VOSA, the tester sounds like a rude, ignorant twat that deserved to be reported.

Perhaps you should name and shame, for the benefit of local shitters ?

Station's experience was worse. He put in an Astra GSi for test and the bloke ripped the bodykit skirts off (i.e. snapped the lugs through) so he could look at the sills whilst repeatedly stating the car was 'only fit for the oval'

I liked this post as theres no "dislike" button.

Thats a grim tale.

Spose I should sthap complainment.

I thought they weren't allowed to remove plastic trim, for that exact reason?

They did on my GTE, but I'm quite thankful they did since there was fuck-all metal there to the point of being pretty dangerous.

My grump today is that the modern daily, or rather "only car I own", has decided to be down on power, lumpy and hesitant. It was a bit iffy before so I mentioned it to the dealer who informed me there was nothing wrong with it, PHACT, since their diagnostic machine reported no faults.

Now it's pretty much like that all the time unless on full throttle.

Being a 1.6TDCI Ford, I expect the faults will be numerous, hard to find, and expensive.

Having trouble finding a black bonnet for my Corsa, its not that there isn't loads on eBay, I'm just trying to find one fairly local.

Found one in Leeds last week, rang the seller arranged a time, rang again before I left, got there no one in. Biggest shit hole I ever visited with bike locks on the front gates on the whole street. Tried their phone for 10 minutes then thought fuck em and drove home.

Found another in Morgan's in Guisborough "FEW SCRATCHES" went for look today and there were more scratches then fucking paint.

I did see a "was mint" squashed Subaru Brat pickup that came in on COD. That made me grumpy "we get loads of interesting stuff like that"

Any ways I left saying they could have told me it was fucked and I would have fucking bothered coming.

16:30 and little time to spare I did a scrap yard cannon ball to Marske, nowt, just down the road again, nowt, Redcar or Wallerby, nowt by this time it was after 5 so I gave in.

Had a few comments on the Samba Cab but all in a wasted trip, but I did get to ride through Grangetown which is always fun, horror spotting.

The only marginally uplifting thing I saw all day was the lad who served me at Subway.

There was a large tracksuit clad woman parked half in half out of a side turn in the Shopping Centre car parks screaming at a car full of Asian people who were equally as reluctant to move.

I'm tired of life, I may turn to alcohol. My Grandad is a full on alcoholic, I don't think anyone would blame me.. not that I'd notice if they did.

Have just had the new* 944 dropped of at Beard Towers and started to have a look around to see just how good/bad it is.

The sills were professionally replaced a couple of years ago so no worries there.

Wrong! Just had a poke at a couple of blisters on the sills and pokey thing went straight through....

Here we go again.

On the upside, it looks like the rot is limited to a couple of small (ish) areas and will need minimal weldage.

The sills do indeed look to be replacement ones, but made from seriously thin metal*.

Edit. Sills apart, rest of the car seems surprisingly good! So far...