The grumpy thread

outlaw118

FUCKING VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE. ALSO FUCKING INCOMPETENT ME.

Right, the rear pads are down to the metal on Mrs S's Beetle. Got new pads, stripped pads out, and unleashed my (newly bought) caliper wind-back tool. Nothing. Tighter than a tight thing on World Tight-Fucker Day.

Question is, should it be this tight, or is the caliper fucked? I favour the latter, but just don't want to spend unnecessarily. And also don't trust my judgement to get it right.

Any tips, shiters?

Limited interwebz research says they can be wound back and that they wind in clockwise. There's no bolt on the back, as that's where the handbrake lever is. I've put a bit of easing spray behind the dust cover and built ot back up for tonight because it's blowing a gale and freezing.

Getting disheartened with messing around with cars. But then I do when it's a daily and I don't have the luxury of leaving it until I'm in a better mood. Doesn't help that I hate the fucking thing either.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Keep em coming!

In other grumps. ...... I. Could have a spare car for her if cavcraft didn't keep.snapping up the bargains! Pah.

"Personal injury" companies tied to insurance claims. Utter piss boilers. (See non fault insurance claim post)

Proper makes me grumpy. One company that cold called me actually tried to persuade me that I did actually have whiplash. I don't.

"Are you sure you wouldn't like to reconsider sir"?

Horrible system. Guess who pays in the end?

I don't want to claim for mis sold loans either. I don't have any! Just feck off!

Grrrrrr.

Due to the fact I've had to move some heavy machinery ,and there has been a little snow, I have been using my old Land Rover.Like a good boy I added it to my trader's policy.Got a letter from the insurance company today informing me because the Landy is older than 1980 it isn't insured.Going to have a read through the "any vehicle" part of my policy as I'm sure the last time I added a vehicle older than 1980 it was for road risks only.The letter says the car is too old for them to insure and that's all.

Fucking blue forum sellers.

Bloke advertises a MIG welder at midnight last night. I get in touch straight away by PM, asked for a paypal account and a convenient time for collection.

Bloke dithers and fucks about, won't give me any details or a contact number. Get a rough time for collection out of him and get a PM five minutes ago telling me he's sold it to someone else.

WANKER. He was holding out for a local sale. I know the deal about 'first to put the money in me 'aaaand' but if he was that desperate, I would have gone over ASAP. But he wouldn't give me any details or a contact number.

Really, really pissed off with this.

Lost out on that Cyrus CD player I wanted as well. Couldn't bid because of my dad last night, messaged and messaged the bloke saying I'd meet his BIN price, nothing back.

ARGH.

Rover Sterling :evil:

The Sterling has been acting wierd of late. Just after I changed the expansion tank for the 6th time, the car seems to be misfiring, upon starting the thing, the engine runs quite grumbly but settles after a half a minute or so. Today, whilst stationary the car seemed unsettled, so after pulling up at home I noticed a large amount of white smoke coming from the exhaust, it didn't smell very 'coolanty' more burnt like. I switched the car off then switched it back on, it was still unsettled and grumbly, I suddenly got a sick feeling that the headgasket was on its way out. With the car running the top hise didn't feel too hard either.

I've just checked the coolant, some had spilled out of the cap as there is dry coolant residue all over the place and the coolant looks very sludgy :(

I really hope it isn't hgf, its a bloody Honda engine for fucks sake. I can't take this hgf on a Honda engine crap any longer.

Right, the rear pads are down to the metal on Mrs S's Beetle. Got new pads, stripped pads out, and unleashed my (newly bought) caliper wind-back tool. Nothing. Tighter than a tight thing on World Tight-Fucker Day.

Question is, should it be this tight, or is the caliper fucked? I favour the latter, but just don't want to spend unnecessarily. And also don't trust my judgement to get it right.

Any tips, shiters?

Unhook the cable from the caliper and make sure the handbrake lever on the caliper is right back against it's stop before winding in the piston. It won't screw in otherwise.

Any tips, shiters?

Unhook the cable from the caliper and make sure the handbrake lever on the caliper is right back against it's stop before winding in the piston. It won't screw in otherwise.

Cheers Tiff. Hopefully, you've just saved me £50-odd. Off back out there in a minute. I'll post back with my (hopefully) succesful report.

A selling cars grump. Zero interest in the E30 on RR, and only two others from the C&C ad, one of which is the bloke I bought it off! OK I only advertised this week, but I thought people wanked over these cars, especially a 2 door 325i? Time of year doesn’t help I suppose. Might just keep it and give to my Dad to hoon around in for a while, then try selling in the summer.

It's because it's an auto SE I'm afraid. Everyone wants manuals 4 driftin. If it was an manual sport you could name your price.

Not a great time either as no-one probably wants a rwd auto car with potential snow KAOS looming. For what it's worth I think it's well worth the money you're asking.

It's because it's an auto SE I'm afraid. Everyone wants manuals 4 driftin. If it was an manual sport you could name your price.

Not a great time either as no-one probably wants a rwd auto car with potential snow KAOS looming. For what it's worth I think it's well worth the money you're asking.

Cheers. So I've got the shite spec version then! Driving in the recent snow was interesting, I slalomed my way to Gatwick last week. Maybe some lad will want it for the shell and ditch the auto 'box, suits me as long as he's got the cash.

I've just read your description on RR I think you're being a bit hard on it. i think it's fine being so detailed on ebay where you might get a site unseen purchase but if someones coming out to see it let them find the smaller faults themselves I recon.

I'd lob that on Auto Trader. To me that's absolutely ideal for the sort of old money Londoner. I can just imagine some slightly batty old dear (who probably used to be a model or something) knocking about in it and parking it outside her Chelsea home. It's a BMW, it's a classic and it's an automatic, perfect town car for London.