The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I have been stuck in all day waiting for E.On to come and put a fucking electricity meter in, what a complete waste of a day.

And guess what? That fuck didn't even show up, I booked this job with them nearly a month ago, what the fuck E.On you pile of bastards.

Grump - Brilliant, more whinging about how shit Autoshite is/a picture is not on right/is not a subject that is enjoyable to someone/the forums shit/oh we had this thread before in march 1986.....TBH, the whinging is getting on my nerves more than the actual 'offences'.

And now by whinging about it, I have been made to do exactly what is annoying me. Fucksticks. However I have put it in the grump thread rather than grumping up every other sodding thread on here so feel that I am slightly redeemed.

If you don't like it don't read it, it should hopefully drop off the page. Like the fuggin shite pet/ shite christmas thread. I have absolutely no interest in it so just ignored it completely as I know it will be full of stuff I don't care for. Oddly the pet one proved popular for some reason for a thread on a motoring forum but its not my forum so who cares. But I suppose that probably how many people feel about the Bike thread as they have no interest in bikes. I do so like bikes so I do look at that one but I normally look at Retrobike or Singletrack for bike shizzle.

Everyone on here has a right to post what they want how they want, that's the nature of a largely unmoderated forum isn't it. If someone is doing something you don't like instead of posting bad vibes on the forum PM them instead saying you don't like it and could they please not do it as it takes away my enjoyment from the forum for X reason and they might listen. It takes the same amount of time and does not pollute the thread with even more shit than the shit that you are fucking complaining about (and again I realise I am being a fucking MASSIVE hypocrite once again).

If someone is breaking some sort of unwritten Autoshite code of conduct that some people seem to think there is, just say it to them nicely if you are putting it on the thread or like I say PM. Most people probably only just pop on here every now and then and might not be up to speed with the do's and dont's so you may need to repeat yourself as not everyone will read every page of every thread to know what the correct 'code of conduct' is and you would like them to do. I honestly find the arguing about posting correctly more annoying than the original error (FUCKING HYPOCRACY AGAIN - FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!)

If everything really is pissing everyone off so much why not ask the management for a 'Forum guidelines' sticky. Not enforceable its a free to roam forum largely unless you are a douchebag troll, but at least a guide for people. However if there is a thread started to decide how everything should be done, then it will undoubtedly be the worst thread in history with people arguing over nothing. As I wrote this I have realised that it is probably the worst idea in the world since this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyrLWsCUfqs5ajQGLVZU93xCjDtGPXPofPO7qmp7e7AVdyHNJduw

If its a shit thread about christmas fucking trees don't reply. Like the spam ignore it and it will fuck off. Instead we have a bunch of replies even more pointless than the original post bumping it up to the top each time.

And for my encore I am going to wage war against the Koran and its infidel followers with my belief in the Lords Bible or something.

Spilling water on what yo thought was your laptop's watertight outer shell before bed, then spending many hours of the following evening thinking SHIT SHIT SHIT, attacking it with a hair dryer and ringing the bank to take PC World money out of savings before it finally turns on successfully :oops:

What the hell? I did that last night-honest! Creepy :shock:

In other news... a friend of mine, who has just won a bicycle on ebay, has just discovered that the "can deliver up to 20 miles" in the advert actually means "can deliver up to 20 miles at 40p/mile" :roll:

He should have read the advert properly. That's cheap and as cheap as it'll cost him to collect.

I'm skint as it gets at the moment, pinning great hopes on getting a new job to bring some money in... i went for an interview today in Lewes and clocked up a council PCN for paring in a permit controlled area despite having bought a pay and display ticket... To attend an interview for a job at the council. :roll:

Fingers crossed on the job front as I desperately need the cash... To pay the council the fine I got attending their poxy interview.

Insurance companies. I've not used my no-claims for over 2 years, and it's now completely invalid, none will accept it. I didn't expect to get it all, but for did expect to be able to re-use it at a lower rate, not for it to evaporate completely - that's 17 years of no-claims, gone, because they changed their minds about it a year or two ago. The issuing company would only have given it under 12 months, FFS. What a shower of shits.

I've definitely paid over 10 grand to insurance companies and not received a penny back - even if I did claim on my range of car which in the eyes of the insurance company is only worth 250 quid, they'd write it off in any event and give me 1/4 of what I'd be paying per annum - after I've paid more money to them in the form of an excess. FFS. Are you surprised if an insurer tries to avoid paying out or doing anything for the customer?

It's an 'Accident Prevention Tax'.

I'm skint as it gets at the moment, pinning great hopes on getting a new job to bring some money in... i went for an interview today in Lewes and clocked up a council PCN for paring in a permit controlled area despite having bought a pay and display ticket... To attend an interview for a job at the council. :roll:

Fingers crossed on the job front as I desperately need the cash... To pay the council the fine I got attending their poxy interview.

Just appeal the fine. I did this twice in Peterborough. It was only after the second time that I realised I'd actually been parking in the wrong car park, so had been ticketed correctly. Never heard back.

Insurance companies. I've not used my no-claims for over 2 years, and it's now completely invalid, none will accept it. I didn't expect to get it all, but for did expect to be able to re-use it at a lower rate, not for it to evaporate completely - that's 17 years of no-claims, gone, because they changed their minds about it a year or two ago. The issuing company would only have given it under 12 months, FFS. What a shower of shits.

It's crap but as far as I know the limit has always been 2 years since last used as a cut off point.

Mate of mine at Uni has been hauled in because he's been telling all and sundry about how shit our course is.

So he's going in tomorrow to justify his comments.

With 23 of us in tow. Best fighting trousers on, what? :D

I expect a great deal of half arsed excuses and some Olympic class backpedalling from their end.

Last week a work colleague pranged the works van- a battered 51 reg VW caddy. The damage wasn't too bad, just a bashed in wing and a smashed headlight and indicator. My direct boss was bricking it as he didn't fancy getting the insurers involved plus the MOT was up the following week and it would leave us without transport, he asked me to help out as i'm "into cars". OBV I obliged as i'd rather tinker about with old bangers than do work. I made a temporary repair to get the Caddy back on the road, then sourced a Polo saloon being broken locally and bought the headlight and indicator. I fitted it in the pissing rain and freezing cold one morning and booked the MOT for the next day (as my employers are fucking clueless).

The van failed on a delaminated rear plate and a corroded brake pipe, plus the headlight I replaced needed a slap to get the lamp working- I made sure it was working when I set off but there you go...Anyway. I got bollocked by the accounts manager for wasting money by sending the van for MOT with an obviously fooked rear plate, which something i'd mentioned a few times and been ignored. I was also accused of fitting the headlamp incorrectly as the bulb didn't work.

I ended up having to pick up the van on my lunch break, which I spent at home with a nice cup of tea as the test centre is just down the road. When I returned I was bollocked for not coming straight back as they thought i'd done a runner with the van. I've only worked there 2.5 years.

Next time they can claim on the insurance for damage and do their own MOT's!

There are some mega TWATS there, but also some really good guys, although not many to be fair. It's just too convenient to leave though! I can drop my daughter off at nursery every day, the hours are good and errrm... that's about it for the good points.

maybe chuck a few nails on the road next time you're out in the van and accidentally drive over them, ruining all of its tyres? Then you can listen to your ipod for an hour in a nice bit of countryside at their expense while they fork out £400 for a new set of tyres. KARMA.

Maybe as a company they should have a decent vehicle perhaps,and if it was maintained properly wouldn't have corroded brake pipes,and a company would have the index plates in good condition as the works vehicle is the companys image when out on the road.The fact is you done them a favor,and they should be gratefull

Got offered a new position at work which I'm supposed to start Monday, and wished good luck in it by the boss yesterday. But today I get told third hand I can't be "released" for four weeks. Except no one's confirmed it. SO I'll likely have no idea what I'll be doing when I go in next week

Aviva will honour an NCB for up to four years, or at least did when I got mine back a couple of years ago, although that's only tgrough a broker, if you go direct, I think it's 3 years. Flux also found Mrs S an NCB rescuing policy for an NCB about two and a half years unused. Get on the phone and talk to them, results can be found. However, if you use BeWiser as a broker, they will tell you that they only honour your recovered NCB if you renew through them. A quick call to the Ombudsman will verify this not to be the case.

HTH

I once argued every day for a fortnight with POST OFFICE INSURANCE WANKERS after they refused to honour my NCB. First they said of course that I had not sent it. Eventually i persuaded the broken-glass-voiced makem bint on the phone to admit to me that they had NFI whether i had sent it or not, as it had gone to a different office to hers and she could not get the right office to confirm one way or the other. So i emailed it directly to her. Then she could not accept it because it was French. I translated it – not good enough. So i got it translated by an authorised legal translation office. Then they decided they could only honour it for the time i’d lived in France. That meant they’d give me 3 yrs NCB despite them having a bit of paper saying i had 7 years. To quash that I sourced the NCB proof from before I went off to france to back up the total 7 years. Then they decided that as there was a month gap between the two docs they could not honour it. Basically it went round and round like this for a fortnight till they completely ran out of half-arsed made-up bo11ox excuses for giving me a refund of the money they had scooped out of my bank account. Their clearly massive ‘excuse cupboard’ was literally empty. At this point the door creaked open with ‘let me speak to my manager’. Then they said ‘oh alright then, we’ll honour it’. What a shower of twats. In fact that’s probably the last time i got really really red-faced and eye-bulgingly hopping mad! That never happens.

Bought a new keyboard as my old Microsoft 'Comfort' keyboard was 'worn out'.

My new one is an Apple style one where all the buttons are flat and square. It's horrible to use, who designs these horrible things, you have to type dead on, etc etc.moan first world problems etc

My new one is an Apple style one where all the buttons are flat and square. It's horrible to use, who designs these horrible things, you have to type dead on, etc etc.moan first world problems etc

No sympathy from this callsign. You can get a Microsoft Comfort Curve for about a tenner.

Sent from my Microsoft Curve and Microsoft Mouse equipped Windows 8 PC with Office 2013 and a Microsoft HD webcam. :twisted:

I have a Microsoft comfort curve, your welcome to it if you want, give me your address and I'll post it to you.

^

29924_125216644156286_8086256_a.jpg

Yeah, that's right. Ergonomic management keyboard.

In topical computer news... two days after mine died, it lives again! Although it is now "rat look" as a long with that fact I painted it and covered it with MTB stickers many moons ago, there's now a massive dent in the keyboard from when in fury I punched it, and many of the panels I ripped off. SRSLY though, five year old Sony Vaio = physically indestructible. Sadly I'm many hundreds of pounds down though as I bought a new one at work today... fail

Insurance companies...What a shower of shits.

Aviva will honour an NCB for up to four years, or at least did when I got mine back a couple of years ago, although that's only tgrough a broker, if you go direct, I think it's 3 years.

Thanks - been on the blower to them, apparently that loophole was closed by legislation at the beginning of the year - arse. Looks like I'll have to grub-up the money to pay full dorrar. Pass the Vaseline, please...

Insurance companies...What a shower of shits.

Aviva will honour an NCB for up to four years, or at least did when I got mine back a couple of years ago, although that's only tgrough a broker, if you go direct, I think it's 3 years.

Thanks - been on the blower to them, apparently that loophole was closed by legislation at the beginning of the year - arse. Looks like I'll have to grub-up the money to pay full dorrar. Pass the Vaseline, please...

Bugger. Don't forget to ask about introductory discounts for driving experience :)