The grumpy thread

outlaw118

0.jpg

christine10.JPG

Only trouble is, last time I tried reversing on to the drive I hit the house, so maybe not an option. Not to worry, there's always other car heroes I can learn from, and best of all there's no sacred ground within running distance :D Limo tint all round!

thecar.jpg

But then, knowing me, it'll end up a lot more like this. HONK HONK.

Were-Car_Futurama.jpg

Warren: whatever it is, it's catching, because I've got it too and Mrs R has a really severe case of it. :(

We keep breathing, which informed sources suggest is the important bit, but if you find yourself in need of any frustration, see me. I've got industrial quantities, available for export at no extra charge. You will need to arrange your own shipping, however...

VA: good luck!

Dear Natwest,

Thank you for your soft pedalled bullshit letter threatening my credit rating. I was obviously labouring under the misapprehension that I had a student bank account with you rather than a needy long term relationship.

It may shock you to hear that as a student, I don't earn a great deal of money. As a result, students tend to sit in their overdraft for longer than current account holders. You seem to enjoy the itinerant pissing around that comes from arbitrarily moving goal posts. Recently you threatened the removal of students' interest free overdraft facility unless they moved £1k through it every two months. You quickly reversed this in an Olympian feat of backpedalling. Many got the message loud and clear - sod the graduate retention figures, we don't want students as customers.

Your first letter advising inactivity on my account was innocuous enough. You wrote to tell me in April that there had been no activity on my account and for some reason, I had to explain why that was. A lot can happen between February and April, can't it? You can quite clearly see I have another account with you, and that my wages \ student loan was going there instead. I was quite clearly earning a living and receiving payments from SFE - were you not able to see this on your computer systems? Oh wait, stupid me - this is RBS we're talking about. The company that had to be bailed out from the taxpayer and clearly doesn't know its own computer system from its own pus filled arsehole, judging by the shit that you spout. I would bore you about the £50 that went missing in your system crash never to be seen again - but let's not get bogged down with the details, eh?

Apparently I was supposed to have contacted to you to let you know what was going on. Why? Why is it my responsibility? Nowhere in your terms and conditions does it state there's a minimum time between deposits and activity to maintain a student overdraft. Clearly your departments and branches don't talk to one another - they told me to keep making deposits (of no fixed amount) and to use the account to maintain the overdraft - and that contact with a premium rate phoneline wasn't necessary. I didn't realise you needed my every intention writ large in foot high letters with the aid of a skywriter. As it happens, there's been activity in that account as recently as late July. That's about the time your softly - softly threat letter was generated, and my response now is in light of it arriving on my doorstep yesterday. 2nd class business post is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

I really couldn't give a flying fuck if your most recent po faced letter was a generic system response - it shouldn't have come to this. If you keep changing your overdraft terms and conditions as and when you feel like it, people will vote with their feet.

That student account was to be used for my student loan. I changed it in light of your first letter and informed my local branch of this, so that there would be activity on said account. Clearly, my local branch is incapable of relaying this development to you. I do not discuss matters of banking over the phone, and never will. You need to understand this about me.

When my student loan arrives it will be withdrawn immediately and placed into another student bank account. A student bank account offered by one of your competitors. I don't take threats towards my credit rating lightly, and as one hand clearly cannot talk to the other I thought I'd spell that last point out for you so that we understand each other.

Frankly the past 8 years have been a piss take and I will not be using your services in the future.

Sincerely,

A monumentally fucked off Natwest customer.

You ALL, yes you! You SAD FUCKERS with the phone moans - fuck right off out of this website and go off to www.allphonesareshite.com and leave us to talk about fucking cars!

I don't give a flying fuck what type of phone you may have, what it may do and why it is supposedly better than some other phone! FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!

Oh, while you're at it, get some semblance of a life - one that doesn't revolve round a 4x2x0.3inch black/white/pink thing in your pocket!

In case you haven't noticed this is a fucking shite car forum!

Unable to use service

Unfortunately, because of the tax class of the vehicle or recent changes to the vehicle record, you are currently unable to apply for a tax disc or declare SORN using this service.

You will need to apply for the tax disc or declare SORN at a licence-issuing Post Office® or DVLA Local Office (as applicable for the vehicle) using the reminder (Vehicle Licence Application/SORN Declaration) or the Registration Document/Certificate together with the Insurance Certificate or Cover Note, MOT Test Certificate/GVT Test Certificate (if applicable) and fee.

:twisted::twisted::twisted: Fucksticks. Why is that? Have we been caught on ANPR or something? Off to the post office I go then.

You ALL, yes you! You SAD FUCKERS with the phone moans - fuck right off out of this website and go off to http://www.allphonesareshite.com and leave us to talk about fucking cars!

I don't give a flying fuck what type of phone you may have, what it may do and why it is supposedly better than some other phone! FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!

Oh, while you're at it, get some semblance of a life - one that doesn't revolve round a 4x2x0.3inch black/white/pink thing in your pocket!

In case you haven't noticed this is a fucking shite car forum!

Not a bad rant at all MO, I'd give that a 7/10. 8)

OK, hands up who clicked that 'link'? :lol:

Brought the Granada home today, it's not a bad old thing.

However, rear springs are £50 each for the bugger, and both rears are seriously saggy.

I'm beginning to contemplate shifting the old bus on and continuing Jag repairs...

Peter James Insurance.

Going to take two old cars from Cyprus to England, thinks oi, better look into getting them insured. Let's see, Peter James gets a good rep on here, where my peers can reasonably be expected to recognise value and service. One googling session later, I'm on the Peter James Insurance website, considerably outside their working hours. Aha, but that's no problem, because there's a little box in which I can type my phone number so they can call me to discuss my needs.

It's now the early hours of Sunday, and I'm still waiting.

Also: "Going to take two old cars from Cyprus to England." Despite a late flurry of phone activity by a friend of a friend, no sale on the Granada, which I really didn't want to ship.

Also: Irish solicitors and legal system. I'm expecting a legacy which three months ago was "due in 6-8 weeks." Nobody can tell me when I'm going to see this money, which is quite a bummer as I'm relying on it to pay for our move. Which is little more than a week away now.

Also: Irish solicitors and legal system. I'm expecting a legacy which three months ago was "due in 6-8 weeks." Nobody can tell me when I'm going to see this money, which is quite a bummer as I'm relying on it to pay for our move. Which is little more than a week away now.

The money's resting in their account, in a Father Ted-esque way.

Phone the cunts and give them a bollocking.

The money's resting in their account, in a Father Ted-esque way.

Phone the cunts and give them a bollocking.

just phone and ask what rate of interest they are giving you for 'storing' your money

Give me their address, and I'll burn them out.

I'm grumpy because I dropped a Panasonic Toughbook HiCap battery on my foot and my little toe is now nearly the size of my big toe, and painful as hell. So here's a top tip: don't try to drink a can of beer, smoke a tab, move said battery and talk on the phone at the same time.

Natwest are still getting on my tits.

OK, scotch cunts - if you want to change your terms & conditions without telling me, I'm following your rules to the absolute minimum.

You want 3 transactions a month? Fine. That'll be three separate visits to the Co-Op for a 21 p banana each time. Your rules, not mine. Your rules, that you changed and didn't tell me. Your rules, that you changed, didn't tell me and then fined me for. Your rules, that you changed, didn't tell me, and refused to admit liability when your computer took £50 of my money and refused point blank to give back.

Etc, etc and so forth. Enjoy it while it lasts - your retention figures for graduates must be UTTER SHIT.

My new PC arrived - hooray! Just found out my copy of XP is an upgrade disk and not a full OS, so can't install it - ballsacks!

Usually you can do a full install from an upgrade disk. You just need to show it that you have a valid disk from a previous version that is on the upgrade path to do it.

I have a hideous throat infection that makes me sound like Hillary Devey and really fucking hurts, to the point where I did not sleep at all last night. I'm off work because my job is 95% talking. I'm just really hoping to feel better tomorrow. Being at home, feeling shit and not making money or managing anything particularly constructive is really dull.