The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I had a similar thing with Vision Express recently. Fuck em, next time I need glasses I'll pay for the test and buy my glasses online. :roll:

Oh shit don't do that, internet glasses are the cheapest nastiest chinese shit imaginable, at least spaccys bought the Pentax name to put on their cheapest nastiest chinese shit imaginable. Also, glasses need 'fitting,' the lens position is pretty critical, like the distance from your peeper and centering the lenses over your pupils, look what happens when you put a headlamp bulb in upside-down. Use an independent optom, they'll usually match the price of the multiples, generally spend more time on the sight test, but most important, their primary concern is your eyes health, and making it worth the chore of hanging bins off your face by getting your sight perfect.

/\

Agreed. Well, agreed in as far as when I (frequently) buy glasses from the pound shop they give me a headache after a while and somehow mysteriously seem to lose their actual magnification. I'm just too much of a mingebag to go back to the opticians and buy some proper ones.

Having some prick hit my car is pretty much the final straw, and with so much else that's been going on I now doubt I'm going to RRG. You try and talk to people, no one listens. You try not talking, no one notices. What's the point.

What? Bit cryptic.

Having some prick hit my car is pretty much the final straw, and with so much else that's been going on I now doubt I'm going to RRG. You try and talk to people, no one listens. You try not talking, no one notices. What's the point.

What? Bit cryptic.

Some dickhead has left a lovely big scrape on my front bumper just after I put it up for sale. Now I am somewhat miffed and not sure if I'm in the mood for the Retro Rides Gathering

Use an independent optom, they'll usually match the price of the multiples, generally spend more time on the sight test, but most important, their primary concern is your eyes health, and making it worth the chore of hanging bins off your face by getting your sight perfect.

THIS.

Just like garages, opticians are at their best when sampled at the 'family business' and of the scale and not the big nationals.

Let's put it this way, if their advertising is anything more than than a small spread in the local rag, stay away. :wink:

The bods I go to have two shops in the area, and above one of them they do their own lens grinding to keep waiting times down.

You get a proper eye examination too, not just a sight test.

Couple of years ago I couldn't see a thing out of my left eye. I went to DollandExpress and the 17 year old who looked at my eyes told me I had a 'lazy eye' . Went to a proper optician who told me I had a cataract, which was subsequently removed. Get yourself propertly checked out!

The chap who did the eye test for my last pair of specs designs and makes the machines opticians use, unfortunately his English isn't wonderful as he's Czech, but he appears to have got it spot on, but that's to be expected really.

Unfortunately, the glasses I bought from him a year ago in April I broke recently. They're rimless jobs and I broke the little thing with the pads that sit on the nose. So I needed to get 'em fixed. Trip to my local optician and unfortunately there was bugger all he could do "They don't sell these particular frames in the UK, so there's bugger all I can do I'm afraid". I figured it'd be a worth a shot trying Specsavers across the road. They couldn't help either, but the very pretty optician, Laura, said "Just come in here and I'll give you a free eyetest..." an offer that couldn't be refused.

I'm waiting for them to put the finishing touch on a new pair of glasses for me. She's pretty enough to have persuaded me to spend £190 on a new pair. Dammit. If I didn't have glasses I'd not have fallen for her charms...

I have to disagree on the opticians thing - I've bought mine online for years and saved a fortune. High St. opticians charge me £100+ just for my lenses (I have an astigmatism) my usual cost for a pair of specs was £2-300. The last glasses I bought online cost me £70 all in for a decent make and I bought a cheap pair for reading use for £20. No problems with them at all.

I use the high st. opticians once a year to get my eyes tested, usually when they're doing half price eye tests.

Endless, pointless bitching about "the doctor" that has hijacked the "eBay tat" thread :evil:

'+1'

The bloke's just trying to make himself a living and in doing so appears to have actually pleased quite a few people along the way. If he can score really nice cars relatively cheaply* and make himself a few quid then so bloody what?

*I expect a lot he bought were advertised elsewhere for a fair bit less and others had the chance to buy them before he did. This also means it's harder for him to sell them at even more money so he's taking a gamble I suppose. Anyhow instead of people moaning about him they be happy he's selling really nice looking cars to a wide® audience and it's they who dictate the final price.

Whilst we are talking about the Doctor, he is a scumbag, I told him my old pin code once he then went back in time, mugged me and withdrew my life-savings. Beware of timelords.

I heard Billie Piper has a fanny like a tardis.

Endless, pointless bitching about "the doctor" that has hijacked the "eBay tat" thread :evil:

To quote Ron Burgundy:

qJnLE.gif

I have to disagree on the opticians thing - I've bought mine online for years and saved a fortune.

Yep, the last time I went to an optician the gouging prick charged me £180 for Gant frames - same ones online: 100 dollars from framesdirect.com (and not some chinese no-name website) :twisted::twisted:

I must have been having an off day cos I usually price-check the shit out of stuff... :roll:

100_2995.jpg

You pack all your stuff in boxes and think, is that all I have to show for my life? Then you realise that you still need a container to ship it all, and if you put in the Metro van you're going to have just too much for a 20-footer. Shipping the Granada as well means 40ft is definitely required, but shipping that one will mean it hasn't sold, which is my preferred option. Anyway I can't book containers and stuff until some money comes in. There is some coming but nobody can/will tell me exactly when. I need it like yesterday, time's pressing.

The FA.

Rio Ferdinand has been fined for using the racist term "choc-ice", but John Terry was aquitted for calling a mixed-race player a "black cunt". As much as I think Ferdinand is a sanctimonious prick, that's a little unfair.

As much as I utterly despise Liverpool, Suarez got an 8 match ban for being racist and Ferdinand only ended up with about three minutes of his weekly salary being taken off him.

The FA.

Rio Ferdinand has been fined for using the racist term "choc-ice", but John Terry was aquitted for calling a mixed-race player a "black cunt". As much as I think Ferdinand is a sanctimonious prick, that's a little unfair.

As much as I utterly despise Liverpool, Suarez got an 8 match ban for being racist and Ferdinand only ended up with about three minutes of his weekly salary being taken off him.

John Terry also faced a criminal trial (which found him not guilty). Ferdinand didn't have to for some reason.

Not a nice subject sorry, but why can't someone get hold of that bastard Ian Brady and torture him?

Probably because the only people willing to do that would be people like Brady themselves. And much as it might help society to employ its sociopaths to constructive purpose, I can see a downside. Mind you, it could be cheap - a couple of ads in the Daily Mail and I'm sure you could raise a lynch mob for such eventualities.

Not a nice subject sorry, but why can't someone get hold of that bastard Ian Brady and torture him?

Probably because the only people willing to do that would be people like Brady themselves.

They're reading the news on Fox.

"We should just kill Julian Assange. Dead men can't leak stuff."

Football & Racism. Two things I never want to discuss on the internet, but.....

Isn't Rio Ferdinand black?

I'm white, and I'm pretty sure if I made a racist comment about another white person I wouldn't get done for it, so actually what the f*ck is that all about? (assuming I am an internationally famous sportsman)