The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Fucking Olympics!

Watching the closing ceremony I thought the wife had spiked my Horlicks with acid or something... :roll::roll::roll: What a load of pish.

at least its finished now

maybe we can get back to some real news appearing in newspapers instead of gold medal bollocks

I wonder how many medals were bought, just like the boxing ones :wink:

roll-on the drug test results

maybe we can get back to some real news appearing in newspapers instead of gold medal bollocks

+69 I haven't bought a paper in two weeks except when I found out Louise Mensch had resigned (lol), tbf all "news" these days is just "XX said to Y on twitter", although the Olympics has been dead good for burying bad news like the brilliant euphemism "negative growth"

+69 I haven't bought a paper in two weeks except when I found out Louise Mensch had resigned (lol), tbf all "news" these days is just "XX said to Y on twitter", although the Olympics has been dead good for burying bad news like the brilliant euphemism "negative growth"

Just had one of them days....

Went outside to the Micra to try and figure out how I can take the seatbelt out to thread it out of the old rear quater panel trim and through the new one. Managed to break the retaining clips off the seatbelt bolt cover, then as I tried to take the rear ashtray out I managed to break the plastic lip off it. I gave up, packed up, locked up and went indoors.

Also - Ebayers, particularly Belgian ones. Bought a sim card off this one Belgian fella off ebay, I'd dealt with him before, he wasnt very to pay then and still isnt now. He has provided me with one paying in code, obviously assuming I live in Belguim, had to resort to asking FATHA_Sterling top pay for me, I sent him a text message but he hasnt got back to me. Assuming everyting goes to the way I'm feeling it might - when I di eventually get payment to him, the seller will then play the usual Belgian 'oh I did send it, but it is 'La Posts' fault, not mine' type shit, I may spent the couple of weeks there without the sim card I wanted which is what I planned. This great, more of this please.

Just had one of them days....

Went outside to the Micra to try and figure out how I can take the seatbelt out to thread it out of the old rear quater panel trim and through the new one. Managed to break the retaining clips off the seatbelt bolt cover, then as I tried to take the rear ashtray out I managed to break the plastic lip off it. I gave up, packed up, locked up and went indoors.

Also - Ebayers, particularly Belgian ones. Bought a sim card off this one Belgian fella off ebay, I'd dealt with him before, he wasnt very to pay then and still isnt now. He has provided me with one paying in code, obviously assuming I live in Belguim, had to resort to asking FATHA_Sterling top pay for me, I sent him a text message but he hasnt got back to me. Assuming everyting goes to the way I'm feeling it might - when I di eventually get payment to him, the seller will then play the usual Belgian 'oh I did send it, but it is 'La Posts' fault, not mine' type shit, I may spent the couple of weeks there without the sim card I wanted which is what I planned. This great, more of this please.

My car CATASTROPHIC EXPLODED on the commute today. I will be bicycling in for the rest of the week until I can buy something else. Here's a moan/advert I entered into the delightful BX forum earlier:

Left work today at five as usual, heard a bang as I exited the gate and thought hmm just another massive pothole, a few miles down the road the LHM light kept flicking on, then it became permanently on, so I pulls over into a pub car park for investigation. EPIC LHM EXPLOSION! Green stuff literally gushing from the driver's side turret. I have no idea what happened but I am putting the car on the market. It's presently sat on my driveway, in low, in Reading. It has graphite speedlines with newish Michelins, it's done 78k miles, it's the shittest engine (1.6 carb), it has an "unknown" timing belt replacement (took my far too long to realise the gentleman who I bought it from lied there in the advert), it's LHM was done two years ago along with a new pump, it's virtually spotless on the outside and has a tailblazer. It has one month's MOT (I'll be cancelling Wednesday's appointment tomorrow when the garage opens again), it failed last's year's on a handbrake not being tight enough. It's practically rustless underneath and has never been welded. It will be on SORN from tomorrow also. It's a rarer colour. It will come with a bootload of spares including HP pumps, exhausts, roof bars, an alternator, new(ish) tyres and lots of other random things with absolutely no intrinsic value whatsoever. Presently, the car even has a full tank of fuel (grrrrr) although I'll probably just do the twattish thing and syphon it off. The car has a brilliant battery that has never let me down (Bosch silver).

Bring me £200 and a trailer and it's yours, the lot of it. My phone number is 0 seven 849 deux 592 one 9 (not in working hours) or pm me on here if you're interested and I'll have an honest and calmer chat. There could be a discount if you're nice or if everybody on here says ZOMG £200 UR MENTAL!!! Sorry if this all sounds a little aggressive but after the novelty of taking photos of the car on the back of a recovery truck wore off, I'm actually quite fed up now :)

Although I have only met one of you I have enjoyed my brief stay in BXland :)

Also phone isn't the peak of reliability either so can't upload pics from it, but I was quite surprised that it managed to get onto the back of a Fiat beavertail in "low" position. Had a nice chat with the driver on the way home too even though I didn't agree with his taste in cars, or phone-whilst-driving penchant :roll:

My car CATASTROPHIC EXPLODED on the commute today. I will be bicycling in for the rest of the week until I can buy something else. Here's a moan/advert I entered into the delightful BX forum earlier:

Left work today at five as usual, heard a bang as I exited the gate and thought hmm just another massive pothole, a few miles down the road the LHM light kept flicking on, then it became permanently on, so I pulls over into a pub car park for investigation. EPIC LHM EXPLOSION! Green stuff literally gushing from the driver's side turret. I have no idea what happened but I am putting the car on the market. It's presently sat on my driveway, in low, in Reading. It has graphite speedlines with newish Michelins, it's done 78k miles, it's the shittest engine (1.6 carb), it has an "unknown" timing belt replacement (took my far too long to realise the gentleman who I bought it from lied there in the advert), it's LHM was done two years ago along with a new pump, it's virtually spotless on the outside and has a tailblazer. It has one month's MOT (I'll be cancelling Wednesday's appointment tomorrow when the garage opens again), it failed last's year's on a handbrake not being tight enough. It's practically rustless underneath and has never been welded. It will be on SORN from tomorrow also. It's a rarer colour. It will come with a bootload of spares including HP pumps, exhausts, roof bars, an alternator, new(ish) tyres and lots of other random things with absolutely no intrinsic value whatsoever. Presently, the car even has a full tank of fuel (grrrrr) although I'll probably just do the twattish thing and syphon it off. The car has a brilliant battery that has never let me down (Bosch silver).

Bring me £200 and a trailer and it's yours, the lot of it. My phone number is 0 seven 849 deux 592 one 9 (not in working hours) or pm me on here if you're interested and I'll have an honest and calmer chat. There could be a discount if you're nice or if everybody on here says ZOMG £200 UR MENTAL!!! Sorry if this all sounds a little aggressive but after the novelty of taking photos of the car on the back of a recovery truck wore off, I'm actually quite fed up now :)

Although I have only met one of you I have enjoyed my brief stay in BXland :)

Also phone isn't the peak of reliability either so can't upload pics from it, but I was quite surprised that it managed to get onto the back of a Fiat beavertail in "low" position. Had a nice chat with the driver on the way home too even though I didn't agree with his taste in cars, or phone-whilst-driving penchant :roll:

I've still got my xantia estate for sale here, 145k, recent service inc cambelt, waterpump and radiator, it is Citroen matt white and went from Spilsby to Bristol and back with no bother, the A/C doesn't work and one of the rad fans is a bit grumbly, but those are the only major issues, well other than it being a flat-painted shitebox with very little charm or charisma.

However, it drives nice and is does plenty of MPGs so perhaps might be of use to you?

Edit: actually it might just be that the return pipes have split, where on the strut is the lhm appearing?