The grumpy thread

outlaw118

29 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

Can't imagine it's worth the effort, I complained to WY Police after one of their cars passed me dangerously close while cycling. Clear road with nothing coming the other way, driver just a knob. 

They eventually came back to me to say that the car was on blues responding to an emergency (it wasn't) and they had no camera footage of any description so they would pass on my comments to the driver. 

FFS all I wanted was some reassurance that the bloke would receive some training/words about driving safely around cyclists, whether the blues are on or not you still need to get your car down the road without driving dangerously close to anyone.

Yeh, they’ll probably say the car behind was too close and then quote how much money, I mean how many lives have been saved , zzzzzzzzzzz.

2 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Can't imagine it's worth the effort, I complained to WY Police after one of their cars passed me dangerously close while cycling. Clear road with nothing coming the other way, driver just a knob. 

They eventually came back to me to say that the car was on blues responding to an emergency (it wasn't) and they had no camera footage of any description so they would pass on my comments to the driver. 

FFS all I wanted was some reassurance that the bloke would receive some training/words about driving safely around cyclists, whether the blues are on or not you still need to get your car down the road without driving dangerously close to anyone.

A customer's wife is a copper. She can barely drive her fiat 500 - it's dented and scratched all corners, she'd had 3 at fault crashes in 18 months. An absolute menace on the road, by her own admission but she just laughs it off. "Oh yeah, I'm always crashing! hahaha! Whatever will I do next? HAHAHAH" And they send her out in a great big van without a care in the world! I'm not sure if they do any extra driver training for general beat bobbies nipping out to take statements off mrs miggins who's had her lawnmower nicked but I would presume not much, if she's still allowed to drive.

22 minutes ago, cobblers said:

A customer's wife is a copper. She can barely drive her fiat 500 - it's dented and scratched all corners, she'd had 3 at fault crashes in 18 months. An absolute menace on the road, by her own admission but she just laughs it off. "Oh yeah, I'm always crashing! hahaha! Whatever will I do next? HAHAHAH" And they send her out in a great big van without a care in the world! I'm not sure if they do any extra driver training for general beat bobbies nipping out to take statements off mrs miggins who's had her lawnmower nicked but I would presume not much, if she's still allowed to drive.

I wonder how much carnage there is when she's out in the van

Ambled home today in the mobile handbag , had a urban bus in front of me that stopped at a stop on a narrow bend , so I stopped and waited behind him because it's the type of road where a car comes the other way just as you overtake and I am not on a rush  .. Uber taxi stops behind me , waits 5 seconds and decides I am a jerk for waiting and goes for it .....

And a car comes the other way .

He is then stuck beside me , I just give him a broad side of " u are a knob " looks and stay put ...

He then struggles to get back behind me  whilst a q of cars builds up with the lead driver giving him dirty looks .. then the bus moves on ..

Do taxi drivers take driving tests ? 

I couldn't imagine doing a job where everyone hates you

This is my local post office

PXL_20230605_140332367.thumb.jpg.5e7ca34cf6643c2ee1c1f20c80fa68b4.jpg

As you can see it's not busy , a just eat driver stopped alongside the shop about 25m straight on from where I took the picture

There are double yellows there but they're very faded , not even sure if they're still legal

PXL_20230605_140833099.thumb.jpg.17530c973b555edc5a6a10b83973b0aa.jpg

Anyway

PXL_20230605_140431575.thumb.jpg.c9793bf1210267964a03bad5e4c626d7.jpg

Hiding behind this sign is a traffic warden who waited for him to go in the shop then boom , over with the ticket printer

What a fucking job

6 hours ago, MikeR said:

Ambled home today in the mobile handbag , had a urban bus in front of me that stopped at a stop on a narrow bend , so I stopped and waited behind him because it's the type of road where a car comes the other way just as you overtake and I am not on a rush  .. Uber taxi stops behind me , waits 5 seconds and decides I am a jerk for waiting and goes for it .....

He is then stuck beside me , I just give him a broad side of " u are a knob " looks and stay put ...

He then struggles to get back behind me  whilst a q of cars builds up with the lead driver giving him dirty looks .. then the bus moves on ..

no they just get their plate from Wolverhampton

just been to Tesco to do a big shop for a BBQ ...

only one till was manned

the rest where these new fangled auto ones ....  fucking shite , not even space for our shop on the weigh bridge thingy .. and that was with a small trolly !

wife has vowed not to return , our feedback to the staff was along the same lines ..

cant wait to see what the Xmas rush will be like , F in Chaos I think !!

Just now, MikeR said:

only one till was manned

the rest where these new fangled auto ones ....  fucking shite , not even space for our shop on the weigh bridge thingy .. and that was with a small trolly !

wife has vowed not to return , our feedback to the staff was along the same lines ..

I'm not sure where we'll all be working in the future

I did think it'd make more sense to retire all the over 60s with a decent pension thus freeing up all the jobs to cut the benefits bill but the way things are going there's going to be no jobs because there's no factories , warehouses are automated , supermarkets have worked out what little theft there is and it's much less that £10 an hour for staff

Bottom line , employees are fucked

3 minutes ago, Wack said:

I'm not sure where we'll all be working in the future

I did think it'd make more sense to retire all the over 60s with a decent pension thus freeing up all the jobs to cut the benefits bill but the way things are going there's going to be no jobs because there's no factories , warehouses are automated , supermarkets have worked out what little theft there is and it's much less that £10 an hour for staff

if I ever get to be PM , I will insist every car park is manned , thats another area is being automated !!

get rid of this app and phone nonsense .

On 6/4/2023 at 8:08 PM, artdjones said:

I drove from Killarney to Killorglin a couple of hours ago which is 12 miles of a national route with a 100kph limit The person in front in a Renault Kangoo Kar insisted on driving at 50-60kph the whole way. Normally there are 6 straights where you can do a quick overtake, but today the opposite side of the road was full of a constant stream of Honda 50s returning from a bike fest.

The chesterfield to Manchester road used to be a pain in the arse , following someone on the twisty bits at 40mph for miles knowing there's only one decent straight to overtake

It's coming up , you get ready , only now they can do the limit 50mph , you think fuck it they'll be back to 40 at the end of this straight so stick your nose out ready

And some cunt in a speed camera van is sitting right in the middle of the fucking straight ,arseholes

8 minutes ago, MikeR said:

only one till was manned

Feel free to express your disgust by swapping one of the shite supplements in your Sunday paper for ridiculously expensive greetings cards, that'll show them !!! :) 

2 minutes ago, MikeR said:

if I ever get to be PM , I will insist every car park is manned , thats another area is being automated !!

Car parking companies aren't interested in the £2 to park , it's the fines when you forget to pay because it's a machine you have to put your reg into , or if you put the wrong reg in , boom £60!

Widnes is £1.50 for 24 hours but the machines quite often decline card payments so people think I'll come back with cash , only they forget and drive out

A man taking payments fucks all that up for them

5 minutes ago, omegod said:

Feel free to express your disgust by swapping one of the shite supplements in your Sunday paper for ridiculously expensive greetings cards, that'll show them !!! :) 

I knew someone who never paid for a carrier bags , the barcode on the back was to pay for a bag for life , the one under the fold was to replace a damaged bag for free so she just scanned that.

Just now, Wack said:

I knew someone who never paid for a carrier bags , the barcode on the back was to pay for a bag for life , the one under the fold was to replace a damaged bag for free so she just scanned that.

Genius 😁

On 04/06/2023 at 20:08, artdjones said:

I drove from Killarney to Killorglin a couple of hours ago which is 12 miles of a national route with a 100kph limit The person in front in a Renault Kangoo Kar insisted on driving at 50-60kph the whole way. Normally there are 6 straights where you can do a quick overtake, but today the opposite side of the road was full of a constant stream of Honda 50s returning from a bike fest.

Haha! I grew up in Killorglin and lived in Killarney. I forgot about the single lane national roads where there are snakes of traffic because of tourists or bizarre locals who think it's safer to drive at half the speed limit. It was always a Yaris causing the traffic back in my days

7 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

Haha! I grew up in Killorglin and lived in Killarney. I forgot about the single lane national roads where there are snakes of traffic because of tourists or bizarre locals who think it's safer to drive at half the speed limit. It was always a Yaris causing the traffic back in my days

My personal theory is that Toyotas last so long because the typical owner never drives them at more than 45mph. I was surprised that it was a Kangoo 1.2, as they feel nice to press on in.

6 hours ago, Wack said:

I couldn't imagine doing a job where everyone hates you

This is my local post office

PXL_20230605_140332367.thumb.jpg.5e7ca34cf6643c2ee1c1f20c80fa68b4.jpg

As you can see it's not busy , a just eat driver stopped alongside the shop about 25m straight on from where I took the picture

There are double yellows there but they're very faded , not even sure if they're still legal

PXL_20230605_140833099.thumb.jpg.17530c973b555edc5a6a10b83973b0aa.jpg

Anyway

PXL_20230605_140431575.thumb.jpg.c9793bf1210267964a03bad5e4c626d7.jpg

Hiding behind this sign is a traffic warden who waited for him to go in the shop then boom , over with the ticket printer

What a fucking job

Is that near the Hoop and Mallet?

Those lines are in a shit state.

10 hours ago, MikeR said:

Of course . Where else do you learn to pull away in 5th without stalling?

On Saturday I was working on the MX5 with my dad - changing the diff, so my Civic sedan is parked on the road.
A woman passes walking a small dog (we get a lot of dog walkers passing) and the thing cocks its leg on the car.

I object before the dog does anything, mercifully.

'Oi, don't let your dog do that on my car'.
'Don't park it on the street then'.

I instructed the woman to go forth and multiply in no uncertain terms.

This morning as I came out to go to work a bloke walking a large dog is  passing, fucking thing takes a piss on the bin.
Object in a similar manner and the cunt completely ignores me. (Headphones?)

TRAIN YOUR FUCKING DOGS.

How would they feel if I went round and pissed in their flower beds?

12 hours ago, Wack said:

That was said years ago, when the silicon chip was first coming out, threatening to take all our jobs (See 'Now the chips are down on iplayer, Horizon from 1978).  As for retiring the over 60's, in most stores round here they're the most efficient on the tills, take an interest and actually know what they're doing.

13 hours ago, MikeR said:

When we moved to Bulgaria all parking areas had attendants who would sell you a parking ticket.

You decided how long you wanted, they would scratch off the relevant little grey panel on the card,then wait until they saw you put it on the dashboard of the car.

Now it's text the reg number and have it added to your phone bill..

10 hours ago, Ghosty said:

On Saturday I was working on the MX5 with my dad - changing the diff, so my Civic sedan is parked on the road.
A woman passes walking a small dog (we get a lot of dog walkers passing) and the thing cocks its leg on the car.

I object before the dog does anything, mercifully.

'Oi, don't let your dog do that on my car'.
'Don't park it on the street then'.

I instructed the woman to go forth and multiply in no uncertain terms.

This morning as I came out to go to work a bloke walking a large dog is  passing, fucking thing takes a piss on the bin.
Object in a similar manner and the cunt completely ignores me. (Headphones?)

TRAIN YOUR FUCKING DOGS.

How would they feel if I went round and pissed in their flower beds?

I asked a bloke to not let his dog piss on my house. 20230515_211704.thumb.jpg.b3a570d8b12812ba3088d424727998b3.jpg

He seemed confused.  Why? 

Well it smells for starters. 

And it takes to paint off. 

And it's anti-social. 

Told me to fuck off. 

I know where he lives.  When the house is sold, and we've moved out, I will shit on his doorstep. 

I'm on holiday. The Mrs's is being a pain in the arse and the locals are more professional thieves than at home. Here the car door tester was going round the car park on a push bike in daylight. Guess he doesn't like working nights and is confident he can pedal fast.