The grumpy thread

outlaw118

An oldie, but a goody.  Fucking Kwik Fit.  Needed new tyres on the modern for the upcoming MOT.  Also needed to work, solution use Kwik Fit near my work.  Dropped off car, 600 quids worth of tyres fitted.  Picked it up, correct tyres at least, but bastards too lazy to even wipe the wheels over so dirt and lubricant all over them.  Not to worry.  

Just went to get a wheel off to change a drop link and the fucking wankers have done the bolts up with a windy gun, now broken the locking wheel nut.  20 quid, three days delivery up here, going on holiday on Friday and running out of 10 day retest.  Arrrgh.

This is on top of all the joy of trying to find the correct drop links for this shitty fucking panzerwagen.  I can truly see the appeal of some crappy brand new appliance on the never-never.

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

Idiot sister bitches to Ma screen wash isn't working on her juke-o-doom, and Ma volunteers I will 'look at it' instead of telling her google a garage then.

There is a tiny trickle coming out of the jets. Found a connector in the pipe, and it blasts from there. Hmm, going to be the combo splitter non return valve I can see under the plastic but can't get to without taking everything out. Eventually got it out by jamming fingers painfully where there isn't space. It is indeed fucked. Went round every parts place in town who all have choice of 4mm or 6mm t pieces, and the bastard is 5mm. Took a 6mm and managed to get the pipes on with persuasion. Put the bastard thing back together, and voila, screen wash working.

Idiot comes out, and I say it's done. She thanks me profusely  bitches that it's been a long time, and the car has more important problems that need fixing than the screen wash. When am I going to fit a new exhaust? How about Tuesday the 3rd of Get to fuck? Does that work for you?

Asked Ma why was I volunteered* for this shit, and Ma wanted it done as idiot's answer to no screen wash is lower the window on the motorway and lean out with a can of de-icier to clean the screen.

If my sister treated me like that, she'd get the shit kicked out of her.  Isn't this the same person who once ran you over?

2 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Idiot sister bitches to Ma screen wash isn't working on her juke-o-doom, and Ma volunteers I will 'look at it' instead of telling her google a garage then.

There is a tiny trickle coming out of the jets. Found a connector in the pipe, and it blasts from there. Hmm, going to be the combo splitter non return valve I can see under the plastic but can't get to without taking everything out. Eventually got it out by jamming fingers painfully where there isn't space. It is indeed fucked. Went round every parts place in town who all have choice of 4mm or 6mm t pieces, and the bastard is 5mm. Took a 6mm and managed to get the pipes on with persuasion. Put the bastard thing back together, and voila, screen wash working.

Idiot comes out, and I say it's done. She thanks me profusely  bitches that it's been a long time, and the car has more important problems that need fixing than the screen wash. When am I going to fit a new exhaust? How about Tuesday the 3rd of Get to fuck? Does that work for you?

Asked Ma why was I volunteered* for this shit, and Ma wanted it done as idiot's answer to no screen wash is lower the window on the motorway and lean out with a can of de-icier to clean the screen.

Man, I'd tell the pair of them to sook a shite.

Your sister sounds like a piece of work and your mum should really know better than to volunteer you for stuff.  Knock that shit on the head.

If your sister wants to act like a dangerous tit, then that's completely on her and not you. 

5 hours ago, fairkens said:

Nothing like whacking your shin on a tow bar to help  you think up new swear words🤬

I feel your pain.. I was using a strut spreader tool this morning and stupidly decided to use the electric gun slowly on it, it jumped out and spun round and hammered my finger into the lower arm.. nice broken nail to show for it. Don't worry I'll spare you all of a graphic photo :(

I got fed up with the fridge door opening on the side of the back door and not on the side to the rest of the kitchen..... Small thing but annoyed the fugg put of me after a whole. 

All swapped and okee dokee... 

Rest of today I've tanked the fridge put at least 6times and tipped the damn thing twice..... 

Again, not major - but now annoyed I've forgotten I swapped it around..... Utter goon 

On 3/26/2023 at 7:35 PM, hairnet said:

tldr cos rant

edit so when they were saying they were having issues changing

actually got on the maybe 3/4 full plane

was in the same place on the plane as the outbound - the plane was the older version

seat layout was same just the loos and other internals were different

seat next to me empty two to the left in the row of 4 empty so for all the faff it was fairly pleasant

got in at 7.30 got home took car to have brakes done then went to bed got up half an hour ago :D

and heres me thinking abour california - gonna need a week to get over that :D

3 hours ago, cort1977 said:

the fucking wankers have done the bolts up with a windy gun, now broken the locking wheel nut.  20 quid, three days delivery up here,

Go back to the kwik fit and complain like fuck in a loudish voice that the "technicians" there are utter idiots.  Explain why.   As other punters start to listen in and then leave to go elsewhere, they will almost certainly cover your costs and offer at least a partial refund.

Did this at a tyre fit place once.. complained that the twat had rattle-gunned up my wheel nuts.  Manager asks what the issue is with that.  So I handed him the factory wheel brace and told him to undo just one nut with that, "like if I was at the side of the road with a puncture".  He couldn't.  I got an apology and correctly torqued wheel nuts after showing the cretin how a torque wrench works.

Drove off down the road and two wheels shed all their balance weights, as the fucking numpties had fitted steel-wheel-type clamp weights on an aluminium rim.  Complained A LOT.  Got a refund.

Bunch of incompetent twats.

4 hours ago, cort1977 said:

An oldie, but a goody.  Fucking Kwik Fit.  Needed new tyres on the modern for the upcoming MOT.  Also needed to work, solution use Kwik Fit near my work.  Dropped off car, 600 quids worth of tyres fitted.  Picked it up, correct tyres at least, but bastards too lazy to even wipe the wheels over so dirt and lubricant all over them.  Not to worry.  

Just went to get a wheel off to change a drop link and the fucking wankers have done the bolts up with a windy gun, now broken the locking wheel nut.  20 quid, three days delivery up here, going on holiday on Friday and running out of 10 day retest.  Arrrgh.

This is on top of all the joy of trying to find the correct drop links for this shitty fucking panzerwagen.  I can truly see the appeal of some crappy brand new appliance on the never-never.

Just had to take the front wheels off a polo, new tyres fitted about 6 months ago at a fast fit. 

The strongest gun in the workshop wouldn't touch them... Bear in mind this gun can undo hub nuts and even Honda crank pulley bolts (if you know, you know) with total ease. 

A 5ft long scaffold pole on the end of a breaker bar and they cracked off only with me standing on the end.. thankfully no locking wheel nut otherwise the key probably wouldn't have survived that, even being a VW one which tend to be a bit more sturdy 

7 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

My local Pirtek were great , my mate has also used them since they moved to creepy Crawley and apparently now they are shit , won't make anything 😕 , hope you get it sorted 🤞

There all franchises so the level of service varies, the branch I worked at weren’t keen on doing work for anyone who wasn’t a big account holder so would turn away a lot of trade counter work. We use to charge £10 for hose clean which was basically blasting some compressed air down the new hose before assembly, another £10 assembly charge then £2 per oil soak mat so you would have £30 on your bill before the cost of the hose. 

i've basically just lost interest in cars

since selling the XM, i just don't feel excited anymore about cars

i don't look online at cars for sale, don't go to car meets or really care about cars

i don't think of cars i'd like to own, as i know for daily drivers i'll just keep buying C5s, they're the only cars that have managed to completely satisfy me

i just can't be arsed with faff, with cars, with car communities, with anything really

just cars in general, they're a bit crap aren't they?

13 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Honestly I would just chuck the ball back in their court and suggest they look for a garage like 90% of the rest of the population does. If it’s going to cost £300 for a new exhaust fitting it’s their problem. 

9 hours ago, Talbot said:

Go back to the kwik fit and complain like fuck in a loudish voice that the "technicians" there are utter idiots.  Explain why.   As other punters start to listen in and then leave to go elsewhere, they will almost certainly cover your costs and offer at least a partial refund.

Did this at a tyre fit place once.. complained that the twat had rattle-gunned up my wheel nuts.  Manager asks what the issue is with that.  So I handed him the factory wheel brace and told him to undo just one nut with that, "like if I was at the side of the road with a puncture".  He couldn't.  I got an apology and correctly torqued wheel nuts after showing the cretin how a torque wrench works.

Drove off down the road and two wheels shed all their balance weights, as the fucking numpties had fitted steel-wheel-type clamp weights on an aluminium rim.  Complained A LOT.  Got a refund.

Bunch of incompetent twats.

‘Kwik Fit Technician’ a feature on your CV to ensure you don’t get taken seriously at interviews at garages. 🤣

I think Kwik Fit seems to be where all the failed mechanics go. 

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

‘Kwik Fit Technician’ a feature on your CV to ensure you don’t get taken seriously at interviews at garages. 🤣

I think Kwik Fit seems to be where all the failed mechanics go. 

With all respect to Kwik Fit and other guys who work at similar places, they  not mechanics. They are fitters doing a limited range of mechanical jobs. 
(And before anyone asks, no I can’t fit a tyre , or exhaust although I can manage batteries and oil changes.)

56 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

Car insurance renewal.

Cost to insure last year 297, this year 423!?

What??

Ours shot up this year too, it's gone up some 60%. Couldn't find anyone else cheaper. Can only assume it's to do with the legislation that came in to stop insurers offering a different rate between new business and renewals... Was meant to protect people who don't shop around, but can't help but feel it's left them in the same situation but fucked over the folks who did shop around.

Thanks for Kwik Fit responses and advice.  I managed to change the drop link with the wheel on and got a new locking nut winging it's way from China so not too bad.  In defence of Kwik Fit, the one near my parents has been run by the same guy for as long as I can remember and never had an issue with them, like a lot of things it depends on the management.

11 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

Ours shot up this year too, it's gone up some 60%. Couldn't find anyone else cheaper. Can only assume it's to do with the legislation that came in to stop insurers offering a different rate between new business and renewals... Was meant to protect people who don't shop around, but can't help but feel it's left them in the same situation but fucked over the folks who did shop around.

I've managed to moan and get my renewal to £340. The lass couldn't explain the massive hike.

I always thought insurance got cheaper as you got older. I'm 42, drive a Toyota Corolla estate and have +20 years no claims ffs.

4 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

Another thing I've just noticed on Go Compare. the closer you set your start date to the date you're looking the higher the price.

Policy start date tomorrow with esure flex £450. Policy start date 26th April, same insurer £386.

Cheeky pricks.

Martin Lewis has a take on that  (old link) I think they're saying 2 -3 weeks now maybe best. Trouble is my last renewal only came out about 14 days before expiry but I usually work on the premise that renewal price will be bollix anyway

Yeah mine was set to go up £250 until I rang Admiral and complained, got it back down to almost what I paid last year. Comparison sites weren't offering me anything decent either. If that's how bad things are this year without me claiming I'm glad I fixed my little accident myself!

Insurance costs have generally gone up across the board like everything else. though some will occasionally get a better deal than previously. MSE now says cheapest time is 23 days before renewal (current link) https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance/

If you get a quote then, and it's lower than your current price, don't wait for your renewal quote - ring your current insurer and ask what it will be or just jump ship. I have 2 vans on one policy and renewal is 20% higher than last year. Am still shopping around but within the 23 day window cos busy (plus it takes soooo long).

2 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

Can only assume it's to do with the legislation that came in to stop insurers offering a different rate between new business and renewals...

My home insurers used that as an excuse for more than doubling my renewal quote in January. I went to the Meerkats and got a quote roughly back to what I'd paid last year....from my current insurers. So I don't think their new system is working very well.