The grumpy thread

outlaw118

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

My take on life after the last three years?

Everyone thinks everything should revolve around themselves all the time because they've forgotten how to interact with others.
The vast majority of people all hate each other.
Nobody can be arsed to do their job properly and there's no incentive to do so.
Those in charge seem to want to keep everyone as downtrodden as possible so that they eventually just give up.

This 100%

46 minutes ago, Pieman said:

And ever since I have had the virus it's as if it's attacked my brain and removed the parts that allow me to enjoy things - and I almost constantly feel dirty and as if I shouldn't be allowed near other people.  Could this have been its real intention?  To turn everyone against each other and spread hatred and suspicion?

I don't think there was any intention to do anything, although Covid definitely seems to have an effect on the countries collective psyche.  Maybe there was previously a sense of security everybody had that's now gone. 

On 3/24/2023 at 9:49 PM, Yoss said:

Yeah, that was quite funny. He was either blatantly lying or genuinely has no idea what is going on in the the company he is supposed to be in charge of. Either way he has been shown up to be completely out of his depth. 

After he got recalled to Parliament and lied* a second time the Select Committee have referred us to Ofcom as we are clearly not fulfilling our Universal Service Obligation. Don't know if it will make any difference. They can fine us but if the fine is smaller than the money they are saving from being about 20% short staffed they will probably consider it a win. 

*allegedly (wink) 

It's such a disgrace too as every single Postie I've ever met have been thoroughly decent and hard-working people. Our current Postie is called Mel and always puts a smiley face on the delivery notes if we're out.  And gives me a wave if she sees me out walking the dog.  I'm so sad about what has happened to Royal Mail.  It deserves so much better and all of you working there deserve so much better.

8 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Don't worry, let's have everyone wait for you while you leave the cycle lane completely unused 👍

IMG_20230325_163718.thumb.jpg.8db8e9298b53e7fb9ec21866d4184656.jpg

🤣

But he’s a PROPER cyclist , don’t you understand?

Proper cyclists can’t use cycle tracks because they are always badly maintained , bumpy and overgrown as you can clearly see!

19 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I’m sure it was here well before we were told. I’ve not had covid but in Jan 2020 I had all the symptoms as did many peopleI know. None of us had ever been to China.

Just assumed it was a normal winter bug.

Likewise, I noticed it because my old boss who never ever took a day off sick was off for over a week with it. 

Covid type viruses have existed forever. SARS in 2002 was one iirc. 

One interesting fallout of the authoritarian style of government and media was the rise of the conspiracy theorist. A bloke I know started off as a common or garden anti vaxxer but has graduated to much more advanced theories, the so called war in Ukraine, 911, lizards in Buck Palace etc. 

7 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

But he’s a PROPER cyclist , don’t you understand?

Proper cyclists can’t use cycle tracks because they are always badly maintained , bumpy and overgrown as you can clearly see!

Surprised the cunt hasn't got a camera on his helmet too so he can report any 'transgressions' on a daily basis.

16 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Don't worry, let's have everyone wait for you while you leave the cycle lane completely unused 👍

IMG_20230325_163718.thumb.jpg.8db8e9298b53e7fb9ec21866d4184656.jpg

🤣

the local bone heads in the council are upgrading an EXISTING cycle track past an airfield , it presently consists of a old tarmacd path in quite good condition with a grass verge thats used by the occaisonal bike/ped /broken down car  . thats all gone , will now be a cycle path , foot path , kerbs , no grass and a million notes plashed on it .....

so not only will we have twonks like this ignoring it , part of it will also get dug up soon so a new build estate can can have access ...

a million notes could of gone a long way helping out in other ways , and dont forget our councils are always hard up , rates up etc

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

the local bone heads in the council are upgrading an EXISTING cycle track past an airfield , it presently consists of a old tarmacd path in quite good condition with a grass verge thats used by the occaisonal bike/ped /broken down car  . thats all gone , will now be a cycle path , foot path , kerbs , no grass and a million notes plashed on it .....

so not only will we have twonks like this ignoring it , part of it will also get dug up soon so a new build estate can can have access ...

a million notes could of gone a long way helping out in other ways , and dont forget our councils are always hard up , rates up etc

My local council spent ages erecting bus stops for a new business park, they were never used and bulldozed a few months later when they decided to turn that stretch of road near said business park into a dual carriageway 🤦

That looks like a very nice cycle path but considering how bad most of them are I'm not that surprised that they haven't followed the signs onto it.

Or they might be in the small minority of cyclists and be a complete arsehole.  If so then hopefully they'll run into one of the similar types that drives and the pair can beat each other to death.

23 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I’m sure it was here well before we were told. I’ve not had covid but in Jan 2020 I had all the symptoms as did many peopleI know. None of us had ever been to China.

Just assumed it was a normal winter bug.

I don't think it was actually identified until 31/12/2019 so I don't think that there was anyone to know or tell us that soon

3 hours ago, warch said:

Likewise, I noticed it because my old boss who never ever took a day off sick was off for over a week with it. 

Covid type viruses have existed forever. SARS in 2002 was one iirc. 

One interesting fallout of the authoritarian style of government and media was the rise of the conspiracy theorist. A bloke I know started off as a common or garden anti vaxxer but has graduated to much more advanced theories, the so called war in Ukraine, 911, lizards in Buck Palace etc. 

That's an interesting observation. You could be right about that.

I've also spoken to people who never seemed to be interested in conspiracies but in the last few years have become very interested. Of course, the thing they have in common is a low level of education and corresponding poor critical thinking and articulation

Selling some bicycle bits on ebay, haven't sold anything on ebay for a long time and now I remember why... auction hasn't been running for 5 hours yet and I've already had a gauntlet of chancers, lowballers and weirdos messaging me and making offers and being abusive when they're turned down. Such a hostile environment for selling things these days.

So 7am I checked in for flight and it went ok until I noticed on the boarding pass the seat had changed

That's fair enuff but I've specifically asked the fat bassa seat and £££

They were told this as the change was in the same block just a normal seat

Ok can I have a refund cos the seat is now normal

Erm you'll have to tell reservations and they deal with it

They also didn't tell me why - found from the desk they've changed planes

Wouldn't have minded as they had 12 hours with 3 hours to go to mail me etc

Got to airport as they then just contacted me from 3 hours ago please give more details

I just told them the desk sorted it

Ironically it's the same seat I was in on the way here- plane can't be much different then

Not funny when it's along haul you can't just wait an hour and hop the next one ( looking at you Oman air)

Can Haz pecan pie which surprisingly TSA didn't take any notice if is that cos America :D

3 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Selling some bicycle bits on ebay, haven't sold anything on ebay for a long time and now I remember why... auction hasn't been running for 5 hours yet and I've already had a gauntlet of chancers, lowballers and weirdos messaging me and making offers and being abusive when they're turned down. Such a hostile environment for selling things these days.

My wife has just spent a happy* couple of hours listing stuff on eBay after a few years 'off'. Made her grumpy, made me grumpy.
She's now in the same boat as you - looks like FleaBay has descended into the same sort of pit as FB Marketplace

6:03 - 

When people [Yaris driver - 6:03] just cant accept when they're wrong... Typical post-lockdown encounter. These people seem to have multiplied in numbers over the past few years :(

Pretty poor hazard perception from the cam driver though... Not a good place to overtake at such speed, with the cyclist and numerous surrounding pedestrians and the Yaris being a big developing hazard...

8 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

6:03 - 

When people [Yaris driver - 6:03] just cant accept when they're wrong... Typical post-lockdown encounter. These people seem to have multiplied in numbers over the past few years :(

Pretty poor hazard perception from the cam driver though... Not a good place to overtake at such speed, with the cyclist and numerous surrounding pedestrians and the Yaris being a big developing hazard...

It just highlights to me why I don’t like driving anywhere, 50% just shouldn’t be on the road. A ban should be easier to hand out for cock ups on the road, like that BMW driving on the wrong side of the road would a 3 year ban and 6 x monthly wage fine be unreasonable? 

Happily though it is all mostly the same culprits in Audis, Yaris and Fisher Price SUVs so it does make it easier out on the road to identify potential Darwin Award candidates. 

17 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

My wife has just spent a happy* couple of hours listing stuff on eBay after a few years 'off'. Made her grumpy, made me grumpy.
She's now in the same boat as you - looks like FleaBay has descended into the same sort of pit as FB Marketplace

It's bizarre. I'm STILL getting offers that are about half the current bid - and they make out that they're doing ME a favour. They really do seem to occupy an alternative reality.

Fuck me one of my clients is a complete arsehole.

Spent all last week near Glasgow, on site, doing work-ish type things.  Client caused me all manner of delays and come friday we'd done the install, but it wasn't tested or commissioned.  Tough shit from my point of view... you cause delays, we'll have to come back.  When we can.

Except he's shouted and screamed and generally had a toddler-esque meltdown that we've not been back to site IMMEDIATELY to sort out his shit and finish the job.  Personally, I thought being able to be back on site a week later was pretty good.  Nope, not good enough for Mr.FuckingArrogant.

Irritatingly, we've a lot of work riding on the back of this, so having only just come back from Scotland, as of tomorrow evening, I'm driving back up there again.

Fucksssakes.

I know I like Scotland, but I really wasn't expecting to be back there again QUITE so soon!

4 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Well, this was Pirtek.

54C4BA07-017E-4CD1-8E88-87EC03CA8F0A.jpeg

try both of these, very local to you RITE NAO

https://hyphose.co.uk/ - Unit 3 The Warrior Business Centre, Fitzherbert Rd, Farlington, Portsmouth PO6 1TX

https://hydraquip.co.uk/ - Skill Centre, Unit 3B, Block A, Limberline Spur, Portsmouth PO3 5LF

1 minute ago, Stanky said:

try both of these, very local to you RITE NAO

https://hyphose.co.uk/ - Unit 3 The Warrior Business Centre, Fitzherbert Rd, Farlington, Portsmouth PO6 1TX

https://hydraquip.co.uk/ - Skill Centre, Unit 3B, Block A, Limberline Spur, Portsmouth PO3 5LF

Found them. They moved round 3 and hadn’t updated their website. Thankfully they can do it and should be done tomorrow.

Idiot sister bitches to Ma screen wash isn't working on her juke-o-doom, and Ma volunteers I will 'look at it' instead of telling her google a garage then.

There is a tiny trickle coming out of the jets. Found a connector in the pipe, and it blasts from there. Hmm, going to be the combo splitter non return valve I can see under the plastic but can't get to without taking everything out. Eventually got it out by jamming fingers painfully where there isn't space. It is indeed fucked. Went round every parts place in town who all have choice of 4mm or 6mm t pieces, and the bastard is 5mm. Took a 6mm and managed to get the pipes on with persuasion. Put the bastard thing back together, and voila, screen wash working.

Idiot comes out, and I say it's done. She thanks me profusely  bitches that it's been a long time, and the car has more important problems that need fixing than the screen wash. When am I going to fit a new exhaust? How about Tuesday the 3rd of Get to fuck? Does that work for you?

Asked Ma why was I volunteered* for this shit, and Ma wanted it done as idiot's answer to no screen wash is lower the window on the motorway and lean out with a can of de-icier to clean the screen.