The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Thought I’d been really clever buying a “well used but full working order” DJI Mini 2 drone from MPB for about half the price of a new one. I’ll crash it anyway so a bit of superficial damage won’t really matter, right?  A Cat C drone, if you will. 

Wrong. Gimbal is fucked so it shakes like a shitting dog, ruining any video. Useless. 

Just hope they take it back! 

3 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

Old Git Moans... Thursday I was gaily googling for the prices of new tumble dryers, as ours has thrown a wobbly... and my laptop suddenly stopped and threw up messages allegedly from Microsoft telling me to call a number to fix whatever it was.  Clearly, a virus.  So I took it straight down town to a trusted repair shop, and finally got it back this afternoon.  £59 that virus has cost me.  Fucking arseholes.

Two whole evenings without the internet!  Bloody hell, that's torture these days.

Malwarebytes, premium £30 a year for real time protection or free for ad-hoc scanning and quarantining of malware. 

Well worth installing the free one

Fuck me, £60 to delete a virus :(

On 2/10/2023 at 5:37 PM, Zelandeth said:

Apparently it's warm enough again for the fscking ice cream vans to be out again.  I have not missed that bloody off-key distorted, jangling racket circling us all sodding day.

At least they could have it be in tune, would make it immeasurably less irritating!

I get them all year round. I have genuinely seen them outside my house while it was snowing. I've also seen it outside on a December weeknight at 8pm. I think other than buying the people helping me move in some ice creams I've never seen anyone buy ice cream from that van - I did however see someone leave with a bag of something and a 2L bottle of Pepsi. Often wondered if its a front.

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Malwarebytes, premium £30 a year for real time protection or free for ad-hoc scanning and quarantining of malware. 

Another vote for Malwarebytes here, it's one of the better ones out there - although I've not used anything special since getting rid of Avast about 10 years ago!

If that's from a legit repair shop, I don't think £60 is too horrific. 

3 minutes ago, Markeh said:

I get them all year round. I have genuinely seen them outside my house while it was snowing. I've also seen it outside on a December weeknight at 8pm. I think other than buying the people helping me move in some ice creams I've never seen anyone buy ice cream from that van - I did however see someone leave with a bag of something and a 2L bottle of Pepsi. Often wondered if its a front.

Cash business.  Perfect laundry.

Also drug sales. 

37 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

This 7% inflation is getting out of hand  fray bentos pays in Asda have gone up a pound from £2 to £3 in a week!

Either that or my maths has deteriorated  really badly since I left school. 

Its environmental taxes that have done it. Following a lengthy legal battle, Fray Bentos lost the case and had to include the methane emitted when @Wack's dog ate one once, and they are now - on average -  officially more environmentally damaging than Fukushima was

6 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Thought I’d been really clever buying a “well used but full working order” DJI Mini 2 drone from MPB for about half the price of a new one. I’ll crash it anyway so a bit of superficial damage won’t really matter, right?  A Cat C drone, if you will. 

Wrong. Gimbal is fucked so it shakes like a shitting dog, ruining any video. Useless. 

I thought MPB had a good reputation.

14 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Distance selling regulations, provided they don't say you've crashed it 

Wha

21 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

What virus is it? You can look it up and see if you can remove it another (free way) Just be careful before diving too deep into the operating system.

Speaking of viruses, I have just tested positive for Covid.

I had it last March but generally just felt a bit under the weather. However this time I feel like death. I thought I had a cold from about last Tuesday but I normally start to feel better after a couple of days but instead I was getting worse. I couldn't even sweep the garden today, absolutely no energy at all and keep feeling like I'm going to pass out.

My wife has it as well however she isn't quite as bad as me.

Hopefully we will both start to feel better in the next few days.

Oooof that rear wheel bearing is shagged. I'll replace that..... 

Caliper bolts say no.... 

Carrier bolts say no... 

Bearing says fuck off I'm not coming out without a war..... 

Battle ensues - war won..... 

Car says - fuck you - now listen to the other bearing grumbling...... and the bushes knocking... and the shocks.... and...... and..... 

Bollox

Am I the only one who finds the way Coke have started physically attaching the caps to the bottles so they get recycled together absolutely infuriating?

I just want to drink it, not get poked in the eye by it if out walking, or have the cap flop down and spray it all over the table if pouring it into a glass.  

Went to just pull one off and the plastic just sliced straight into the side of my finger so there's now blood everywhere... that'll teach me apparently.

Seriously... can't they just print something prominent to tell folks it can be recycled with the cap on now (which has been the case for plastic bottles for everywhere I've ever had recycling from home anyway)?  No, we need to make life difficult on account of those who can't read apparently.

16 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Am I the only one who finds the way Coke have started physically attaching the caps to the bottles so they get recycled together absolutely infuriating?

I don't drink coke because pepsi max is far superior but schweppes do this on their tonic and it's really awkward to pour the tonic out of the bottle without the top flapping round in the way. What a shit idea. First thing I do when I open one is snap it off, but sometimes it's actually held on their pretty well. 

I cant help falling into the conspiracy ring when I have just found out that a news blackout of train crash in Ohio on the 3 Feb is now coming to light. All about balloons or UFOs, was that a look over there moment? 

This is from the CSpan the US government website. The US transport secretary made this video published 13 Feb  with not a word about the accident.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?526012-1/white-house-officials-speak-natl-assn-counties-conference

I am not grumpy I am angry.

Not sure I should be grumpy as I'm very lucky to be here I guess but I've gone to Disneyland Paris this week with my family, over £3000 to go to a overpriced, overhyped, overrated theme Park with far too many people, average hotel rooms (with chewing gum up the door and someone hair stuck in it, we did get a new room though) and queues that take forever to move, especially with a 5 year old who has ADHD trates. 

I'm struggling to see the appeal with the place if I'm honest, also has this Corvette that people was walking into with bags and leaning against that was covered in scratches 

IMG_20230213_190137.thumb.jpg.a3f2dcbc6bb51da51f99e43170392ae8.jpg

IMG_20230213_190206.thumb.jpg.06665b0b0029077ef11bb58cb4df80ed.jpg

IMG_20230213_190240.thumb.jpg.f63cf1b4dabd0be31d61c5b47538bf84.jpg

And this 50s Dodge that's used for keeping cheese om

IMG_20230213_210112.thumb.jpg.985440e3a37dfab33e5d92fbdadf44c5.jpg

IMG_20230213_210102.thumb.jpg.0ba0896f63ce65d52c8d53e55ad5cd4b.jpg

Aye, they are gouging cunts @trigger,  I remember getting rushed around £40 for a McDonald's for 2 adults and 2 kids whilst here, and that was one of the cheap options!

We took a backpack down to each buffet breakfast and made picnic lunches whilst there, guerilla style. Saved us a fortune!