The grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 minutes ago, Mally said:

My Dentist dropped everything at Covid.

I rang when they started again for a check up. Sorry we are a dentist short, you are still on the books, we will let you know.

Rang again 6 months later. Same response.

My Doctors however keep ringing me offering Covid injections Flu injections....

Seems the Government pay more for injections than Dental check ups.

Lucky you - our Doctors put out a 'last call for Covid/Flu double whammy' last December on Facebook - we'd been sat here waiting for the promised 'wil be in touch' since the previous December 

9 hours ago, Vantman said:

My car insurance started to get expensive when i turned 70, then even more expensive when i turned 75 and then my insurer said 'just wait until you are 80!  To be fair £400 for my V70 is bearable considering i am a stroke survivor☺️.

The Owd Giffer is 85 next birthday - the insurance on the parental Cashcow is starting to cause some pain!

I think my dentist has retired; phone them up and there's a recorded message that says they're restarting check-ups imminently and to wait for them to contact me. That's fine except the message has been playing since at least November.

I’m registered as nhs with the local dentist in Sunningdale, but go private for actual treatments after the checkups if needed. £660 last December for three composite fillings as I didn’t want metal amalgam ones. The practice doesn’t accept new nhs now and is concentrating on the visual bright white look with visalign and whitening etc.

before that I had the same Chester dentist since I was born, first nhs then followed him as he went private before he died suddenly.

3 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

Cheers mate, the ARB is out and the torsion bars disconnected so removing the arms complete with torsion bar may be the path of least resistance at this point. I've not had the pleasure* of working on a torsion bar setup before so it has been something of a learning curve. It's nice to be doing something different though, even if it is a bit of a bastard.

There's an excellent video in particular on youtube of a chap meddling with a rear beam on a 206. 

Namely, this one

Its all remarkably 'unseized' though :)

19 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I’m registered as nhs with the local dentist in Sunningdale, but go private for actual treatments after the checkups if needed. £660 last December for three composite fillings as I didn’t want metal amalgam ones. The practice doesn’t accept new nhs now and is concentrating on the visual bright white look with visalign and whitening etc.

before that I had the same Chester dentist since I was born, first nhs then followed him as he went private before he died suddenly.

My dentist? 

They've all been on a sales course at mine 

51 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

There's an excellent video in particular on youtube of a chap meddling with a rear beam on a 206. 

Namely, this one

Its all remarkably 'unseized' though :)

Yeah I watched that one, mine definitely isn’t coming apart like that 🤣 I got back at it again this eve but it’s evident I need to get the sledge hammer from up at the stables. I’m a little bit sad inside that the last owner bought just the new axle tube and bearings for £120 rather than a completely refurbished unit for £175. It’ll be satisfying once it’s done though. What’s even more upsetting is that a pair of new eccentric washers and a pair of new end stop studs is coming out at £22 posted.

2 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

Yeah I watched that one, mine definitely isn’t coming apart like that 🤣 I got back at it again this eve but it’s evident I need to get the sledge hammer from up at the stables. I’m a little bit sad inside that the last owner bought just the new axle tube and bearings for £120 rather than a completely refurbished unit for £175. It’ll be satisfying once it’s done though. What’s even more upsetting is that a pair of new eccentric washers and a pair of new end stop studs is coming out at £22 posted.

A recon axle is probably the easier option, but it's quite a waste to simply do that so I admire your perseverance :)

Is there anything more disappointing than opening a box of chocolates and realising your favourite has been discontinued :(

Just opened a tub of Cadbury roses leftover from Christmas, haven't had any for years, and discovered the coffee deluxe has been removed from the selection!

Bastards, won't be buying them anymore then. 

Diet enforcement I suppose 😅

5 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Is there anything more disappointing than opening a box of chocolates and realising your favourite has been discontinued :(

Just opened a tub of Cadbury roses leftover from Christmas, haven't had any for years, and discovered the coffee deluxe has been removed from the selection!

Bastards, won't be buying them anymore then. 

Diet enforcement I suppose 😅

I’m still annoyed that the only chocolates I really liked were discontinued decades ago - Neapolitans (known by my gran as neoplopitans), terrys I think,

Just now, richardmorris said:

I’m still annoyed that the only chocolates I really liked were discontinued decades ago - Neapolitans (known by my gran as neoplopitans), terrys I think,

There's been many, which I've mostly forgotten! This one stood out, because I specifically bought the tub for that particular one having remembered it was roses that it came in, and they never sold them separately. 

Booked myself a day off today, also it's my birthday tomorrow. Had a look at fitting some replacement spotlights in the kitchen and swapped one that hadn't been working for a while, wired it in, fuck all from the kitchen light switch but the other ones still worked....baffled, wired it again ...fuck all so I put the old fitting back in with a new bulb...... fuck all from the kitchen switch . I eventually remembered that this light is part of the hallway circuit and swore loudly :) 

As a result of my fury I stomped into the storage room and dumped my tools with a loud " fuck this shit" then exited the room speedily and stubbed 4 toes on my right foot against the doorway, I saw lights ( not spotlights)  and came to facedown on the stairs with the large cracking sound i'd heard still echoing in my ears along with a background noise ( made by me )  not unlike a Jack Russel that had just been accidentally stood on. 

Anyway I've broken my middle toe and it really fucking hurts! !

12 hours ago, Wack said:

My dentist? 

They've all been on a sales course at mine 

Can’t get in at mine for life nor money but they e-mailed me yesterday to say they could do cosmetic work. They tried back end of last year telling us they couldn’t see us unless we paid the private rate even though I am under NHS with them. Greedy cunts. 

10 hours ago, omegod said:

Booked myself a day off today, also it's my birthday tomorrow. Had a look at fitting some replacement spotlights in the kitchen and swapped one that hadn't been working for a while, wired it in, fuck all from the kitchen light switch but the other ones still worked....baffled, wired it again ...fuck all so I put the old fitting back in with a new bulb...... fuck all from the kitchen switch . I eventually remembered that this light is part of the hallway circuit and swore loudly :) 

As a result of my fury I stomped into the storage room and dumped my tools with a loud " fuck this shit" then exited the room speedily and stubbed 4 toes on my right foot against the doorway, I saw lights ( not spotlights)  and came to facedown on the stairs with the large cracking sound i'd heard still echoing in my ears along with a background noise ( made by me )  not unlike a Jack Russel that had just been accidentally stood on. 

Anyway I've broken my middle toe and it really fucking hurts! !

You utter *utter* bellend! 😁

12 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I admire your perseverance

Perseverance / Penny pinching 😅 I need to sell the ZX to fund some of my other shenanigans so I'm trying to avoid the parts cannon where possible otherwise the whole exercise is somewhat pointless lol.

6 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

What is am nhs dentist? Haven't been able to register with one at all since Oct 2020...

I managed to get one but every visit I was needing so much work it couldn't get done fast enough. 

So I'd have a checkup, require fillings, first of two appointments would be 6 months from then. I'd go to that and have them done but be told that as well as my second appointment works (in 6 months) I'd need MORE work afterwards.

They also insisted I got a filling in a rear tooth that's previously been filled 3 times and over half of it is missing. Regular ones fall out within days of getting them, apparently composite ones bond better but are £££. 

I asked them to pull it and they refused.

Then COVID happened and that was that. Had an appointment in Nov, they said they'd phone me to arrange the next one but it'd be June time. Chased them in June and they pushed it back till January. At that point I just gave up - I can't afford the volume of works required anyway.

Just changed the oil on the C1 , 7k and it's black ,and the engine rattled like f@@@, so in went some Redex stuff on offer at 12 notes a 2l bottle , on offer from 18 notes !! , New filter and the engine is quiet .. normally the car has done some 3k a year but this year it got hit with 7k , so I think the 10k service is a bit stretched and it will be a 6k service in future !!!!

13 hours ago, MikeR said:

Just changed the oil on the C1 , 7k and it's black ,and the engine rattled like f@@@, so in went some Redex stuff on offer at 12 notes a 2l bottle , on offer from 18 notes !! , New filter and the engine is quiet .. normally the car has done some 3k a year but this year it got hit with 7k , so I think the 10k service is a bit stretched and it will be a 6k service in future !!!!

Only started rattling since you started driving it. 😂

14 hours ago, Bren said:

Not grumpy. Sad.

The miniature pony centre on Dartmoor is closing due to rising costs. Went there a few times when the boys were small.

It won't be the last.

And yet the number of people who give money to donkey sanctuaries in their wills far out weighs any other charities 

57 minutes ago, Mally said:

I'd like to see your spreadsheet on that.

An old news item 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2008/apr/23/charitablegiving.childprotection?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

If you hate people it's the best way to piss them off when you die. 

https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/support-us/legacy/leaving-a-legacy

18 minutes ago, New POD said:

or buy a toilet in Africa .....

4 hours ago, New POD said:

I’m sure I read Sting was going to leave his kids nothing in his will. I mean fair play to him I guess, you’ve to make your own way in the world.