The grumpy thread

outlaw118

evri - dogshit

bought summat and it turned up via them with a few days no problem cant help that as it who the retailer picks

needed to send it back as it was short of items

on their site arrange return fine paid got label - yes we'll collect tomrrow (thurs last week) as requested

was at home prepping to go out deicing car etc

got email after 10am saying courier tried to collect it 9.53 - errr no we were out the front cocking about aint seen no evri truck baws

tried to rebook it and they said friday - again no show (been off since mid dec and been nowhere - fifth gear and popmaster ftw)

nope

on their site to complain and after much searching - their faqs ask three questions nothing to do with what you want

found an email to send to to get a response

finally today they reply - oh sorry etc - please outline your problem so we can resolve

their template in the email asks for a tracking number - err no its a collection

delivery address - errrr no its a collection

brief description of issue (insert rant here)

the email i replied with has just asked them why have you took nearly a week (there was my phone on it)

the number you asked i havent got - apart from the tracking number theres a 7 digit number on the label but theyve not asked for that and its not a qvc number

fuck them - chasing them for 4 quid (but thats not the point)

6 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

We passed this yesterday whilst on the way to Clarks village. The Leaf looked like it had been in a really heavy front ender. We were surprised that the back end of the 500 wasn't completely folded up. Hope they're ok.

I reckon the 500s are quite resistant to a punt up the arse. The one I hit barely had a scratch on it.

7 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

I'd thought of moving the engine forward a bit, but there's less than half a centimetre before the exhaust manifold hits the radiator - and if I'm having to remove the rad as well as the engine mount to get access, there may be limited time advantages over just taking the inlet manifold off!

I've tried every possible way to jiggle it out from all angles, including bringing it over to the gearbox side, and sadly it's just not happening. So close, but there's just too many brackets and pokey-out bits for it to come out. Not to mention getting the new one back in again...

1194802383_IMG_20221220_1601162.thumb.jpg.fc414f6a4c5b3eb5fce49008bb7dbc4e.jpg

Rematch is scheduled for lunchtime... I have to say, remembering the relative ease of doing similar jobs on a 1256cc Viva unit isn't lost on me!

I wouldn’t think twice about removing the inlet manifold, mine (Nissan) has to come off to change the plugs. The gasket is usually fine they don’t crush and aren’t subjected to lots of heat like the exhaust manifold gasket. They’re often plastic on modern cars.

6 hours ago, omegod said:

My colleagues were on strike yesterday but my union didn't get enough votes, NHS is creaking like never before 

FUCK THE GOVERNMENT

Surprised an angry scouse hasn't had MacKenzie by now. 

My last contract was NHS and I bloody loved it, I have my eye out for IT permie jobs there. I fully support the strikes. NHS is definitely on its knees though. 

On 20/12/2022 at 20:51, Bren said:

Kelvin McKenzie calling striking paramedics " vile shitbags."

What can you say? It takes one to know one.

I hope he gets *****.

I'm not just trying to be over-dramatic or controversial by saying that, I really hope he does.

(Edited by moderator due to inciting language breaching DBAD) 

7 hours ago, hairnet said:

evri - dogshit

bought summat and it turned up via them with a few days no problem cant help that as it who the retailer picks

needed to send it back as it was short of items

on their site arrange return fine paid got label - yes we'll collect tomrrow (thurs last week) as requested

was at home prepping to go out deicing car etc

got email after 10am saying courier tried to collect it 9.53 - errr no we were out the front cocking about aint seen no evri truck baws

tried to rebook it and they said friday - again no show (been off since mid dec and been nowhere - fifth gear and popmaster ftw)

nope

on their site to complain and after much searching - their faqs ask three questions nothing to do with what you want

found an email to send to to get a response

finally today they reply - oh sorry etc - please outline your problem so we can resolve

their template in the email asks for a tracking number - err no its a collection

delivery address - errrr no its a collection

brief description of issue (insert rant here)

the email i replied with has just asked them why have you took nearly a week (there was my phone on it)

the number you asked i havent got - apart from the tracking number theres a 7 digit number on the label but theyve not asked for that and its not a qvc number

fuck them - chasing them for 4 quid (but thats not the point)

Use their drop shop service for returns.

Never had an issue, that way!

Boilers gone on the blink. Grrrreat. Switch on 6 month old super digikals WiFi enabled immersion heater and that's stone dead too. FML. 

Day one of Xmas holiday to be spent waiting for the plumber to come and tell me it's fuckin fucked m8 and parts won't arrive till the middle of January, then bodging in the aged old immersion and probably having some catastrophic cock up in the process requiring a new cylinder. 

Beginning to think that I might actually be a massive cunt.

I don't go out much, time, money and arsedness (lack of) tend to get in the way these days, but pre-pandemic I reckon I went out at least once a week, met up with the lads, banger racing , gigs. 

Now, I don't know whether I'vew changed, or pissed someone off, but late summer all* the chaps met up at a local pub by the river, and judging by the photos on Faceybook it looked like a "return to the good old days".

Was I invited? Was I fuck. Never mind.

Last weekend a similar bunch of friends* went out in That London, for the "annual get together". Was I invited? This is despite one of the protagonists walks past Outlaw_Towers a couple of times a week to visit his olds, another I saw a week before, and another I went out with the night before!

I've been working in a depot for about 2 years, in every day during lockdown, then in and out itermittently since - one day a week I'm there all day, other times it's random/weather dependent.

They had their Christmas party last night, and I only know about it because the cleaner told me that the blokes toilets had overflowed because someone had bunged the urinal up with silly string.

I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but.....

1 hour ago, outlaw118 said:

Beginning to think that I might actually be a massive cunt.

I don't go out much, time, money and arsedness (lack of) tend to get in the way these days, but pre-pandemic I reckon I went out at least once a week, met up with the lads, banger racing , gigs. 

Now, I don't know whether I'vew changed, or pissed someone off, but late summer all* the chaps met up at a local pub by the river, and judging by the photos on Faceybook it looked like a "return to the good old days".

Was I invited? Was I fuck. Never mind.

Last weekend a similar bunch of friends* went out in That London, for the "annual get together". Was I invited? This is despite one of the protagonists walks past Outlaw_Towers a couple of times a week to visit his olds, another I saw a week before, and another I went out with the night before!

I've been working in a depot for about 2 years, in every day during lockdown, then in and out itermittently since - one day a week I'm there all day, other times it's random/weather dependent.

They had their Christmas party last night, and I only know about it because the cleaner told me that the blokes toilets had overflowed because someone had bunged the urinal up with silly string.

I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but.....

No , everyone at work is a cunt , I had the same , I would be the one walking out with no gifts at the end of term when the teachers had armfuls , so when I left some other cunt got my job , now they have been off sick  for 8 weeks !! , Sound like it was not me then  , Anyway I have some new friends now I have stopped working , and dare I say it a "girl friend " at the van site .. so my wife calls her !! , So don't let them bother you ..

Had a brief power cut.  Had been monitoring since they were mentioned in the Northern Echo, there were lots in the Stockton area and daughter who is a baker lived there, also granddaughter with w new great-granddaughter lives in the Stockton area too.

There were none posted for today, none in this area either.

When the power came back on, had another look.  Nothing posted now either.  Sent a report in but it was a bit crap as it was only for ongoing power cuts but couldn't report it without power.

Shit website.

https://www.northernpowergrid.com/power-cuts-map

22 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Dad will be here for the whole of Christmas and has just tested positive for covid and is very unwell. So our Christmas won't be as planned and I'm curious how I will cope with this as I have some health problems. 

Well take care. Limit contact is perhaps the best way over this.

On 20/12/2022 at 20:13, MikeR said:

light blue touch paper and ....

Honda drivers , what is with their parking ????

went to the farm shop today , the big car  park was empty and I parked one small cars width from the log bunker so that the rear of my car faced the shop door .. we had the shop to ourselves most of the time which was great ..

and wife wife proceeded to buy out the shop , as she does , sack of spuds to start ,  it was totalled up as we went and I took the goods to the car and shoved them in the boot ..  and so on , I was surprised how much we squeezed in the C1 ....

in the time it took me to load the car ( which was quite a while ) , no fewer than three Hondas tried to park in the gap between the car and the log bunker , and every time it was just a bit tight !!!   , and they moved on .. after all they had another 50 or so spaces to choose from

then when we cashed up and walked out of the shop , and another Honda was tried to shuffle into the space after I got in the car !!   , somat like 6 inches between us , and the driver  was stuck in his car till I drove off !!   ,

even my wife commented on the parking  nonsense ..  and this is some one who normally  refers to a car by its colour ..

You know I have the identical car to her white 3 door 107 ? 

20221219_093328.jpg

Edited by New POD

10 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:

I'm so glad I'm a sessional worker now. There is no incentive to work the holidays so I'm not. 

I remember having that , worked every f in hour over Xmas , lived in the place to be then told we owed hours , the senior staff had grabbed all the double time days !! , The next time they went to do the same , but I put in my notice to go , was owed lots of days off , the seniors ended up living in the place over Xmas ! , I look back at the care system and it's shite . 

4 hours ago, myglaren said:

Had a brief power cut.  Had been monitoring since they were mentioned in the Northern Echo, there were lots in the Stockton area and daughter who is a baker lived there, also granddaughter with w new great-granddaughter lives in the Stockton area too.

There were none posted for today, none in this area either.

When the power came back on, had another look.  Nothing posted now either.  Sent a report in but it was a bit crap as it was only for ongoing power cuts but couldn't report it without power.

Shit website.

https://www.northernpowergrid.com/power-cuts-map

You should be able to contact the network operator by calling 105 from any phone.

I'm a bit confused about them being in the paper. Were they predicted faults due to weather or planned cuts?

Obviously xmas overall is prime grump material but I have a couple of specifics to moan about:

• Multi-generational Christmas shopping trips with mum, nan, and kids, forming a 2-trolley rolling roadblock in the meat aisle of the supermarket at peak time. IN THE SEA
  • Recyclable wrapping paper - soz trees but this stuff is absolute shite, tears under the force of a sparrows fart such that you end up using nearly double of it. Nice try but lets do it again in 5 years when it's usable, I'll take the turtle-killer stuff for now thanks. Oh you can only buy recyclable literally everywhere? CHEERS FAM

I once wrapped a mate's gift in a few pages from an old Auto Trader. Like a cat that sleeps in the box its new bed came in he briefly looked at the Airfix kit I'd got him then spent twenty minutes reading the wrapping paper.
"Hey, a Renault 6 for £1000..."

On 21/12/2022 at 20:21, Dyslexic Viking said:

Dad will be here for the whole of Christmas and has just tested positive for covid and is very unwell. So our Christmas won't be as planned and I'm curious how I will cope with this as I have some health problems. 

I have also gott the plague and have never been so sick. But the biggest problem with the variant we have is that it causes sore throats, but we have both had it really badly so our throats are completely destroyed and we can't get food or anything down.

14 hours ago, Lacquer Peel said:

At my place it's a flat rate for every day regardless if it's a holday or waking night. 🙄 Fuck em. 

There are rumours that they charge the local authority extra for antisocial hours but don't pass that on to staff. 

Yup, we don't get shit all extra for holidays now. Funny how the company can afford to pay the executives more each year though!