The grumpy thread

outlaw118

image.png.0a5f12a6191bd66f71e472696f342fda.png
This and all the other lazy journalism on the BBC news website is really starting to piss me off - it's like they've entered into a tabloid journalism race to the bottom with the likes of Fox. WTF has weather warnings got to do with strikes?
For a laugh - look up a BBC news article  15 years old or so - small pictures, big words, content. Now look at today's offerings? Banality.

4 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Fscking fuel pump cut off didn't.

Jacket, hands, watch, sweater, trousers and shoes all absolutely drenched in diesel.

Yay!

Today is being one of *those* days.

I spilled a load down myself last week changing a fuel filter.  It took four washes, two at 60C and one with a load of stain-removing spray to make the clothes acceptable again.

What a ballache.

1 hour ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

This and all the other lazy journalism on the BBC news website is really starting to piss me off - it's like they've entered into a tabloid journalism race to the bottom with the likes of Fox. WTF has weather warnings got to do with strikes?
For a laugh - look up a BBC news article  15 years old or so - small pictures, big words, content. Now look at today's offerings? Banality.

“Record low temperature!” from many sources. Turns out it’s the coldest day of the year FFS, nearly 10C higher than the real all time low in Braemar.

3 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Fuck it off and read the news from Reuters, it's a lot more impartial and a vastly higher quality than the BBC.

It pains me to say it, but BBC news content is now basically the quality you get from radio 1 newsbeat. Fuck it off and your life will become immeasurably better. 

4 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

It's what happens when the licence fee is frozen for years while the Tories are threatening them with privatisation!

1 hour ago, Richard_FM said:

It's what happens when the licence fee is frozen for years while the Tories are threatening them with privatisation!

No it’s what happens when the BBC pays pays talentless twats like Gary Lineker, Graham Norton , Stacy Solomon and Rylan ( to name a few) ,millions a year instead of spending it on making decent programmes or high quality journalism.

22 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

No it’s what happens when the BBC pays pays talentless twats like Gary Lineker, Graham Norton , Stacy Solomon and Rylan ( to name a few) ,millions a year instead of spending it on making decent programmes or high quality journalism.

I think it's both. The BBC shouldn't have to try to compete directly with commercial stations, because, at it's core it is a different organisation.

Tripe like strictly come dancing would get made by some commercial channel anyway, but decent quality factual and news programming is impossible to produce commercially.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:34 PM, cobblers said:

My new unit is in Bakewell and the journey back home from it is down some winding country lanes. I pop in to the new place most days and end up driving back from there in the dark most nights.

More times than I can count lately I have been stuck behind people doing 20/30mph, on and off the brakes constantly because they are driving with only their dipped beam on and can't see where they are going. Almost every night I end up having to overtake several cars, and if you're being overtaken on a country lane in your Audi A3 by a 35 year old van with fucking mud tyres on that does 60MPH flat out then I don't know what to tell you other than please hand your licence in at a post office. I know it's not a race, but if the best you can muster is 30MPH on a road that's "normal travelling speed" would be 55/60mph then something is amiss

Well now there is a bit of frost about so people are being even more cautious. We were down to single digits mph last night, I couldn't overtake as I was about 15th in the queue behind this dipshit.

The road is a fairly major one so it is regularly gritted. 

the good old cold weather , the local trains are off again , the usual 40 odd year old excuse is that the points are frozen at Sandhills ... they used it when I was starting work ..  perhaps the guy who operated the points heater was on strike yesterday  and no one else dare touch the/his switch ...

so you get all the useless drivers out on the roads trying to get somewhere , yesterday we had this suv push in front of us at speed  , intesting because they nearly met the back of the bin wagon in front with all its lifting gear sticking out of the back !! ,

then they got up set when we used an outside lane to pass them so we could  turn right at the next roundabout , so they gave us a unjustified good beeping , so we returned the favour as a good alongside broadside  as they went straight on and we parted right ...   

Driving along this morning in the Micra I pulled over to let someone in a bright green softop Saab pass coming the other way. Rather than drive towards the other side of their lane, or even in the middle, they fucking knocked my wing mirror off. The guy had tons of room. I was livid. I got out and picked up the mirror then turned around and followed him. It wasn't hard, he was doing 10mph tops even as he got into the national speed limit zone.

I thought he was fucking with me because he kept swerving out into the middle of the road (even around blind corners) but then I realsied I couldn't see through his windows. The entire fucking car was iced up.

So I overtook him as soon as I had the chance and stopped in front of him. It was an old guy who seemed to be totally unaware of the situation. Having been thoroughly pissed off, I calmed down immediately (outwardly anyway) when I realised this guy just didn't have a clue. I tried to help him open his car door but it was frozen shut. NO idea how he managed to get into the thing.

I scraped some of the ice from the outside to demonstrate what I was talking about and shouted through the glass that he needed to clear his windows because it was dangerous, and even after doing that I couldn't see through it, there was so much ice on the inside.

I don't know what the fuck he thought he was playing at driving his car in that state. There are schools along that road. I've driven some real shitters, and I have a really low bar for what I consider 'good enough' to drive, but I have to say being able to see is up there with what I consider a basic requirement.

Luckily the glass and mirror were fine and it just popped back into place.

Had like a cough and cold, which lasted about 10 days.

I was better around Tuesday.

I woke up this morning absolutely fucking frozen and shaking.

So I am very late for work, shaking like Michael J Fox. (Bless him) 

Had the lorry heater on 26 degrees all day, so I'm piss wet through with sweat.

I get to the warehouse and go to goods in, my head feels like it's in a vice in the cold air.

So I text work, Tom isn't happening. I'm fucking miserable, piss wet through and my kidneys are killing me.

I would gladly either fall asleep at the wheel, or throw up.

P.s. I've had one sick day in about 4 years, which was also a Friday. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, Merryck said:

there was so much ice on the inside.

I don't know what the fuck he thought he was playing at driving his car in that state.... 

My 1 and only RTA was in similar circumstances back in Wroxham when I was 18. 1st motor a BGT and this old fucker came into the middle of the road and twatted my front wing and door. 

His entire car was frozen/misted up inside and out..... He was just too impatient to wait to clear the windows and be able to see.... Dickhead. 

He was still clearing the windows when local plod turned up......