The grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 hours ago, Talbot said:

If it's blocking a car on the driveway, then you absolutely can do something about it, as you're preventing the use of a vehicle.  If the driveway is empty, then there's less that can be done.

Same reasoning as if some tosser parks on your driveway and you then block them in.  (Which you're not allowed to do, certainly not if your car is on the public highway anyway)

Oh, I'd missed that bit...yes, in that case absolutely go for it!

23 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

I came home from a nice afternoon out with my wife and son to this pile of shit.

20221204_135350.thumb.jpg.c54a096103ca97848ca8747017e99a00.jpg

20221204_135325.thumb.jpg.68b154181c236ebe44549c8925ccbb42.jpg

20221204_135300.thumb.jpg.1a2ce7d75734ef790ea4360ba32c3cb2.jpg

It belongs to C-Plan communications who have been installing fibre cables on behalf of Openreach, but not in my street. As you can see the vehicle is completely blocking my driveway. The Openreach van belongs to my neighbour and is legitimately parked there and has done for over ten years, it's absolutely bother there and nothing to do with the situation.

I scoured the whole estate and there were no workmen to be seen, not a soul.

We came home at about 2.30pm, our Ring doorbell showed it had been there since 12.30. Completely abandoned. There were plenty of places to leave it although why they chose my street I don't know. My neighbour said there had been a lot of commotion and 3 vans in the street earlier but then they cleared off.

We called the cops but unfortunately no use.

5 workmen eventually returned in a welfare van at half 3. I was obviously straight out, arms outstretched asking what they thought they were doing. I kept calm and just said please do not park there again. But my wife, who deals with arseholes like this every day came out the house and went a bit mental. Basically the 5 guys just thought it was funny. My 9 year old son had to drag me back inside before it really kicked off.

There were still 2 cars in the drive. How did these guys feel sure that we didn't need to get out to go to work or an important hospital appointment? They are either thick or just don't care.

Time for an email to CPlan's CEO.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:06 PM, Split_Pin said:

I came home from a nice afternoon out with my wife and son to this pile of shit.

20221204_135350.thumb.jpg.c54a096103ca97848ca8747017e99a00.jpg

20221204_135325.thumb.jpg.68b154181c236ebe44549c8925ccbb42.jpg

20221204_135300.thumb.jpg.1a2ce7d75734ef790ea4360ba32c3cb2.jpg

It belongs to C-Plan communications who have been installing fibre cables on behalf of Openreach, but not in my street. As you can see the vehicle is completely blocking my driveway. The Openreach van belongs to my neighbour and is legitimately parked there and has done for over ten years, it's absolutely bother there and nothing to do with the situation.

I scoured the whole estate and there were no workmen to be seen, not a soul.

We came home at about 2.30pm, our Ring doorbell showed it had been there since 12.30. Completely abandoned. There were plenty of places to leave it although why they chose my street I don't know. My neighbour said there had been a lot of commotion and 3 vans in the street earlier but then they cleared off.

We called the cops but unfortunately no use.

5 workmen eventually returned in a welfare van at half 3. I was obviously straight out, arms outstretched asking what they thought they were doing. I kept calm and just said please do not park there again. But my wife, who deals with arseholes like this every day came out the house and went a bit mental. Basically the 5 guys just thought it was funny. My 9 year old son had to drag me back inside before it really kicked off.

There were still 2 cars in the drive. How did these guys feel sure that we didn't need to get out to go to work or an important hospital appointment? They are either thick or just don't care.

To get access you could've unhooked the cable reel trailer and weighed it in.

Had a lovely day with my parents at the Weald & Downland museum then a night out with the mrs watch I’m sorry I haven’t a clue at the Brighton Dome. Both felt like absolute shit after.

This morning:

58EB2EAB-8CC7-49C3-9255-3D502891447C.thumb.jpeg.7e2d2f0ed63c0ed9407507cf8ef771df.jpeg

Both of us. 3rd time for me, 2nd for the mrs.

Arsebiscuits.

45 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Had a lovely day with my parents at the Weald & Downland museum then a night out with the mrs watch I’m sorry I haven’t a clue at the Brighton Dome. Both felt like absolute shit after.

This morning:

58EB2EAB-8CC7-49C3-9255-3D502891447C.thumb.jpeg.7e2d2f0ed63c0ed9407507cf8ef771df.jpeg

Both of us. 3rd time for me, 2nd for the mrs.

Arsebiscuits.

Sorry to hear, that's rough. I'd guess though that one of you picked it up before yesterday though, for us it's usually a couple of days before we feel rough and take a test. 

21 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Sorry to hear, that's rough. I'd guess though that one of you picked it up before yesterday though, for us it's usually a couple of days before we feel rough and take a test. 

I just feel run down and mildly flu-ey. Though it does feel like my head is being squeezed by an engineering vice.

Wife is really ill, she was last time she got it. I work with the general public, she works at a university so both high chances of getting infected

Update on the drive being blocked.

I sent a carefully worded email to the company and I had a missed ring on our doorbell earlier. It was a well dressed guy, mid 50s in a Navara. I couldn't answer it as I was at work but when my wife got home there was a £100 M&S voucher through the door with an apology together with a name and mobile number, presumably from an area manager. 

I phoned him just there and he seemed a really decent chap. He said that the guys are sometimes cheeky to him and not to go into too much detail but he said he only needs them just now because a completion date needs to be met. They told him that they had only planned to be 5 minutes but ran into problems, however he clearly had taken none of this as an excuse.

I was really pissed at this since Sunday and was generally in one of my 'Falling Down' moods. So this is a good outcome. 

My Mrs has a big heart but she goes from 0 - malkie  in 1.5 seconds when someone is being a dick to her so the guys did get the thick end of that on Sunday as well.

so hosp told me last week i need to speak to more people

didnt mention about appts or anything (at least not quickly)

voicemail i got half an hour ago from this morning apprently hi you have appt at 10am tomorrow

(!)

but they didnt tell me where - they left me a number which i kinda recognise - so instead of into work ill be ringing them to get info

ffs

“Sorry, we don’t stock this item”

That’s all a supplier has to tell me and I would accept this then find a suitable alternative 

instead they fuck me around for 3days saying they are working on it then just stop answering the phone 🙄

12 hours ago, hairnet said:

so hosp told me last week i need to speak to more people

didnt mention about appts or anything (at least not quickly)

voicemail i got half an hour ago from this morning apprently hi you have appt at 10am tomorrow

(!)

but they didnt tell me where - they left me a number which i kinda recognise - so instead of into work ill be ringing them to get info

ffs

We had this a month or so back.  Got a voicemail left saying "You've got an appointment on day X at Milton Keynes Hospital." No mention of things like...where in the hospital or a time...

Took the best part of two hours chasing that around before we eventually found out where the heck we were going.

The appointment letter arrived three days after the actual appointment.

15 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

We had this a month or so back.  Got a voicemail left saying "You've got an appointment on day X at Milton Keynes Hospital." No mention of things like...where in the hospital or a time...

Took the best part of two hours chasing that around before we eventually found out where the heck we were going.

The appointment letter arrived three days after the actual appointment.

The letter thing has happened

Annoying as one hosp mentioned stuff at one appt but then another hospital then deals and executes the appointment

On 12/6/2022 at 12:37 PM, Split_Pin said:

Update on the drive being blocked.

I sent a carefully worded email to the company and I had a missed ring on our doorbell earlier. It was a well dressed guy, mid 50s in a Navara. I couldn't answer it as I was at work but when my wife got home there was a £100 M&S voucher through the door with an apology together with a name and mobile number, presumably from an area manager. 

I phoned him just there and he seemed a really decent chap. He said that the guys are sometimes cheeky to him and not to go into too much detail but he said he only needs them just now because a completion date needs to be met. They told him that they had only planned to be 5 minutes but ran into problems, however he clearly had taken none of this as an excuse.

I was really pissed at this since Sunday and was generally in one of my 'Falling Down' moods. So this is a good outcome. 

My Mrs has a big heart but she goes from 0 - malkie  in 1.5 seconds when someone is being a dick to her so the guys did get the thick end of that on Sunday as well.

Fair play to the company for reaching out and actually providing a decent apology and gesture! Glad it got worked out amicably in the end.

48 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Does anyone else find that RAC are utter horse shit? I’ve been waiting four hours now with a fucking puncture. 

Yup. After twenty years of being a mug membership, I cancelled after a similar four-hour-plus wait and have been with AutoAid ever since.

I did complain about how their call service staff were so incompetent that they'd sent a patrol to a wildly incorrect location (Dublin, rather than Belfast) and their customer service bods couldn't have given less of a fuck.

MrsDC paid for AA membership on her car for fifteen years, and the one time we needed them they refused to come out on the grounds of some small-print bollocks that they'd recently changed, and not told her.

I've not yet had occasion to call on AutoAid (touch wood), but generally the feedback I've heard indicates they're less likely to be a shower of shites than AA and RAC, who seem to view vehicle breakdowns as more of an annoying distraction to their main business as finance companies.

With that off my chest, hope you get sorted out soon, dude!

Ah right, it's the courtesy car for the malfunctioning Ami that's now suffered an acute lack of air in one corner? Hell's teeth, not much luck coming your way lately!

Fingers crossed you'll be sorted soon - I guess it's all good content for the channel, but not really the sort of weather to relish a stranding...

tldr cos rant

so the letter for the appt today turned up today - no wonder i didnt know anything about it (good job they reminded me yesterday)

after i got home (theyre not on strike yet?)

hospital sent a letter of them talking about whats going on cc'd to the local gp

you havent been doing this - get your arse in gear - you need to do this that etc :D

hosp still dont know what causing problem :< - it might be a gland thing or a kidney thing - and thats on top of the more serious shit

they did ask me for a urine sample (i did say its the gp that taking the piss)

took an hour and half even tho ive been drinking water constantly since 10am

countdown now (wheres susie)

Have to say the AA have been pretty good for me in the many years I've been a member.  RAC were utter dogshit the one year I went with them instead - the one time I had to call them out they took over four hours to get to me on the Norwich ring road.  The contractor who eventually came out told me that he'd only received the call about 30 minutes earlier, so the call centre staff had obviously been sat scratching their bollocks (/ minges) for three and a half hours.

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

Ah right, it's the courtesy car for the malfunctioning Ami that's now suffered an acute lack of air in one corner? Hell's teeth, not much luck coming your way lately!

Fingers crossed you'll be sorted soon - I guess it's all good content for the channel, but not really the sort of weather to relish a stranding...

Good thing about EVs, contrary to popular belief, is that you can stay warm and comfortable without making a racket / pollution or rapidly draining the battery. 

6.5 hours in the end. I’m waiting at the Peugeot dealership for them to swap the tyre now. 

Fuck sake. Rivets are pulling out of the clothes airer

20221207_134849.thumb.jpg.6093aa9abc1651e0c12316649ccf3be1.jpg

I can see a way to fix it, squeeze it with a pair of mole grips and a bearing ball to flare it. Have I got one anywhere at home? No chance, all in the lockup I rented as a temporary measure after I moved back to Essex in 2017. I could empty it and put everything in the huge shed but the fucker leaks like a seive so I refuse to risk it. Would get a wooden shed but it's a non-standard size to go on the base we made and of course everything's shot up in price so I can't afford it.

Anyway, fought my way through the evening traffic to my garage, and THE FUCKING KEYS ARE AT HOME

ARGH HULK SMASH

10 minutes ago, Bren said:

People queuing at my local filling station. For christs' sake the filler will pull out far enough for you to fill up even if the filler cap is on the other side.

I swear people are going worse...    

it’s the same here. 
its ok* to block the entrance when almost half the pumps are free, because there are no left/right** hand pumps clear. 

* Not ok

** Delete as applicable. 

Muppets. 

5 hours ago, 108 said:

it’s the same here. 
its ok* to block the entrance when almost half the pumps are free, because there are no left/right** hand pumps clear. 

* Not ok

** Delete as applicable. 

Muppets. 

The filler won’t reach the other side if you position you car so badly at the pump, it’s barely in the same post code.

17 hours ago, 108 said:

it’s the same here. 

* Not ok

** Delete as applicable. 

Muppets. 

I had this yesterday. My local filling station is down to £1.38 litre so there's usually a bit of a queue exacerbated by people;

doing a ten minute shop, having a chat with the staff whilst they're car is blocking two of the pumps (the forecourt is miniscule cos countryside).

taking a Gandalfesque 'you shall not pass!' position blocking both sides of the pumps (the chopper in question was in a pickup which I know from experience are nearly impossible to fill from the right (wrong) hand side.

refusing to back out of the space when the car in front is blocking their way forward.