The grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

Suddenly realised I haven't had a look at the Boxster for a while. Seats, gearknob and roof have gone all mouldy 

Any great tips for cleaning it? 

I would assume these are leather. Could try some sort of acid. Vinegar is acidic.

22 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I would assume these are leather. Could try some sort of acid. Vinegar is acidic.

2 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

That's right, leather. So far I've used a leather cleaner I had in the cupboard which has seemed to do a good job, but it's too early to tell. I'll have to try something else on the roof lining 

Yes... white vinegar, watered down, maybe 50/50 and put on a cloth.  Rub this over the mould and it will remove it, leaving it less likely to come back.

My Boxster is ok, but the Mini Cooper gets really bad inside during its winter rest. 

medical sucks

its going on longer than thought

but they told me today whats wrong should be ok - apart superficial shite thats still going on

gp has been worse than useless - they got the task of monitoring it and so far they havent - apart from the initial referral theyve done fuck all

they were told by the hospital to check up and provide medicines etc - despite them emailing them numerous times and even ringing them a few times at one stage gp hasnt bothered

so they got shouted at by me today - result is appt on sat 10th :D

which makes me grin as i looked at what day it was so i could put into a reminder on phone realised it was a sat :D - that means im not working that day :D

they said routine procedures they do they do on a sat

bit like the haematology - all their proddings are on a tuesday morning so they get processed tuesday afternoon (they were asked a long time ago why only tuesday :D even when the appts were miles in advance etc)

6 hours ago, Talbot said:

Dafuq difference does that make?  That has to be fuelled by tabloid journalism.   It wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to the fox if he'd been in a white-tie dress-suit or a latex gimp-suit.

He posted it on twitter himself, lf memory serves it was his wife's silk kimono.

Pillock that he is, found himself under investigation for animal cruelty as a consequence 

8 minutes ago, fairkens said:

He posted it on twitter himself, lf memory serves it was his wife's silk kimono.

Pillock that he is, found himself under investigation for animal cruelty as a consequence 

Was the fox wearing the kimono? Old joke! ( last night I shot an elephant in my pyjamas etc).

the whole original storey was very odd, and like many indiscretions only became public knowledge because he himself told everyone.

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Was the fox wearing the kimono? Old joke! ( last night I shot an elephant in my pyjamas etc).

the whole original storey was very odd, and like many indiscretions only became public knowledge because he himself told everyone.

I presume it made him feel especially manly and he wanted to boast about it.

17 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

That's right, leather. So far I've used a leather cleaner I had in the cupboard which has seemed to do a good job, but it's too early to tell. I'll have to try something else on the roof lining 

leather cleaner has no disinfectant. It will however, make the steering wheel slide through your hands easier.

4 hours ago, MikeR said:

is this true , wot about damaging the environment , security , fire risks , think of the sheep !!

Inside the Range Rover graveyard hidden in the Welsh countryside where hundreds of abandoned 4x4s are left to rust (msn.com)

And for once it appears that it wasn't the Bearded Clam who trespassed in there.

My mother heard a bang about 19:40 tonight so she looked outside to find my dad's Jag smashed into with it's wheel bent over,the other wheel is straight. Other person has admitted they did it. 

It was only motd a couple of weeks ago,bucket of arse, sorry the picture isn't to clear.

IMG_20221130_194730_925.jpg

7 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Get in car to go to work: Dark
Get in car to come home from work: Dark

I’d love to see my car in the daylight at some point. Blummin hate winter daylight hours. 

But you only work 9.00-3.30...!

<runs, hides>

😁

14 hours ago, brownnova said:

Get in car to go to work: Dark
Get in car to come home from work: Dark

I’d love to see my car in the daylight at some point. Blummin hate winter daylight hours. 

I used to do the same, although I often went in for about 04:00 and was there until 22:00.  In winter it was daylight from 10:00 until 14:00.

I worked mostly in the darkroom and rarely saw daylight except at the weekend.

Never got dark in summer though.

Covid finally got us.  We've been super careful with masking up and avoiding social events, especially since I'm higher risk due to respiratory illness history.  We're both vaccinated so at least we shouldn't suffer too badly.  I've tested negative and feel perfectly fine, which has surprised both of us since any sort of cold or flu or whatever normally homes straight in on me and knocks me flat.  Shall just have to continue being careful and doing a bit of isolation in the short term.  What a rotten thing this virus has been, and continues to be.

Also had someone knock on the door asking if the 'old cars' were for sale so that's made me a bit nervous.  They were perfectly affable, but I've moved anything metal that isn't bolted down out of sight, just in case.  There's not really any more security I can throw on things than I already have realistically so just have to hope it was a benign interaction.  If someone wants to take stuff badly enough, they will, so there's no point worrying about it happening.

On 11/29/2022 at 7:43 PM, horriblemercedes said:

Wet N Forget will clean the outside of any mould, mildew and green stuff

It's fantastic at removing it on patios and soft top car roofs, water it down , spray on a dry day and leave it, I was amazed when I did the patio and the green smart car roof with it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wet-Forget-Mould-Lichen-Remover/dp/B005IW4GWI/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_w=6QbSy&content-id=amzn1.sym.2d229339-2f42-4596-a90d-b81a4f52d6d3&pf_rd_p=2d229339-2f42-4596-a90d-b81a4f52d6d3&pf_rd_r=6TRF89N6AH82V1J6TNCM&pd_rd_wg=0cKKF&pd_rd_r=59d468aa-058b-4a3e-b9a6-d069c30ab963&pd_rd_i=B005IW4GWI&psc=1

2 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Covid finally got us.  We've been super careful with masking up and avoiding social events, especially since I'm higher risk due to respiratory illness history.  We're both vaccinated so at least we shouldn't suffer too badly.  I've tested negative and feel perfectly fine, which has surprised both of us since any sort of cold or flu or whatever normally homes straight in on me and knocks me flat.  Shall just have to continue being careful and doing a bit of isolation in the short term.  What a rotten thing this virus has been, and continues to be.

Also had someone knock on the door asking if the 'old cars' were for sale so that's made me a bit nervous.  They were perfectly affable, but I've moved anything metal that isn't bolted down out of sight, just in case.  There's not really any more security I can throw on things than I already have realistically so just have to hope it was a benign interaction.  If someone wants to take stuff badly enough, they will, so there's no point worrying about it happening.

Why when people see an old car do the assume it’s for sale? 

Locally, prices of used cars and classic cars have gone a bit silly and where we live is old people central.  To be fair as well, the Princess was the first one he asked about and that hasn't moved in quite a while due to my inability to find the time to finish the rear brakes.  Normally I make sure the Princess and Maestro are turned around and parked differently as much as I can so they're more obviously being used.  I reckon he was looking for a potential quick-flip, buy it cheap off some old dear and flog it on at inflated price on Facebook due to rarity value.

3 hours ago, vulgalour said:

If you can get a door bell that acts as a CCTV. Use ones that do not have cloud storage. They do not have ongoing costs. They will alert you to when someone is nosing around. Front door, side way back door, where ever.

We have one to the front of our gaff. CCTVs are not allowed in Spain unless registered. Doorbells get over that issue. Anyhow they are not without some issues like the app can be slow or it picks up movement like when we have heavy mist here. But quality of video is good. Rechargeable batteries last a long time between charging.

It'll be fine.  Princess is blocked in and a real arse to get out from where it is anyway, and Maestro is checked daily since I'm using it all the time.  Garage is blocked too.  Funnily enough, a doorbell camera wouldn't actually help that much because of how the plot is laid out, it wouldn't really see anything.  Might pick up the odd fox or local cat but that'd probably be it.

On 11/20/2022 at 3:28 PM, sheffcortinacentre said:

The door mirror on falcon Ute has been twatted so hard this morning that it's dented trim on door & marked glass , caused by a Suzuki alto being chased through estate by an unmarked traffic BMW .

Contacted 101 told go to local copshop & report  turn up there to be greeted by a sign saying the station is closed (sept 22 to jan23) for refurbishment.

Place is full to bursting with police vehicles.

Go to next nearest  locked up no one answering intercom rest of  Sheffield police vehicles here.

Dear customer, your crime is important to you , our opening hours are 9.00 - 9.05  every 32 Nd of the month .

If you have  a crime outside these hours please contact us on social media where you'll find  all our fantastic clear up statistics &  crime prevention apps.

Remember your council tax is our priority.

10 days later &still no crime number or even acknowledgment a chase even occurred!

9 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I’m amazed the police were actually out and about, I thought they’d sacked all the traffic police and people could now just do what they wanted. 

There seems to be loads of traffic police out my way, they're about the only police presence you see here.

You don't see any panda cars bimbling about locally though, only when there's been a murder or other high profile crime then they send a couple of cars from Brighton to drive around the local roads for a few days so that we feel safe...