The grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 hours ago, meggersdog said:

Went to see a ploughing competion at Little Bytham"  that's about 20 miles away.

That's the point on the East Coast main line where Mallard broke the world steam speed record in 1938, which it still holds.  A pub in the village was named The Mallard in honour of the event but I'm not sure it's still there.

Just thought I'd tell you that for no real reason.

(edit) Just looked on Streetview - it's now a private house instead of a pub, but it is named Mallard House.

14 hours ago, anonymous user said:

Biggest problem recently has been lack of pharmacist on premises so unable to give anything out until they come in (locum)

She has them delivered so that isn't really a problem.  She did used to collect them but more often than not they would be short of some items so she ended up having to go daily instead of once a month.

I have been to collect on occasion and had to go to the GP and two hospitals , one twenty miles away, to collect prescriptions then two pharmacies for them to be filled.  Even then there were shortages.

And late wife's Kindle died.  It has been unable to display pictures for a couple of months, then just stopped doing anything.  No response to any of the keys or buttons.

Took the battery out and the page it stopped on is still displayed, two days on.  Replacing the battery does nothing.

Have you tried using pharmacy2U ?

I used to spend what felt like days walking back & forth between the surgery & the chemist, each blaming the other for the lack of my very simple prescription. Although you have to order in plenty oif time, they've not fucked up in five years or more. Its NHS & its free.

Finally managed to get MK Council to supply a replacement green waste bin for our one that was nicked a couple of months ago.

Yay!

Except they've replaced a full size wheelie bin with this thing.

IMG_20221115_135437.jpg

That's going to be good for about 2/3rds of a lawn's worth of clippings if that.

Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess!  

Also, despite the roofing work above one area being completed at the end of last week we still have water getting in there.  Which means the flashing or the wood panelling above the conservatory is shot as well.

IMG_20221115_141148.jpg

Deep joy...so the £31K and counting re-roofing hasn't actually done a damned thing to fix the really annoying water ingress problem we were aware of.  Yay!

Additional: Migraines can get in the sodding sea.

Our wonderful Liverpool council is thinking of extending it parking charges period from 6pm to 11pm ... Whoopie 

6pm onwards is the only time I go in unless my son is with me and has his blue badge . Otherwise its the bus or train which sort of seriously curtails my shopping carrying capacity thanks to my op scars.

Not only that the traffic system is a absolute shambles , every junction has a traffic light system that is always on red .the lime Street chaos that has cut the town in half ,the strand "improvements".

Which again my op scars kick off with all the clutch work ...

No wonder the shops are dying ..and Amazon etc  is popular ...

Vesta chow mein.

I fancied a time warp 1970's experience to go with rampant inflation and strikes.

Imagine my disgust when I discovered the crispy noodles have been replaced with lentil curls that look like ingrown toe nails.

Stop the world. I want to get off.

8 hours ago, MikeR said:

Our wonderful Liverpool council is thinking of extending it parking charges period from 6pm to 11pm ... Whoopie 

6pm onwards is the only time I go in unless my son is with me and has his blue badge . Otherwise its the bus or train which sort of seriously curtails my shopping carrying capacity thanks to my op scars.

Not only that the traffic system is a absolute shambles , every junction has a traffic light system that is always on red .the lime Street chaos that has cut the town in half ,the strand "improvements".

And for today's trip , got caught up in the aftermath of yet another accident at Switch island !!!

2 hours ago, Bren said:

Vesta chow mein.

I fancied a time warp 1970's experience to go with rampant inflation and strikes.

Imagine my disgust when I discovered the crispy noodles have been replaced with lentil curls that look like ingrown toe nails.

Stop the world. I want to get off.

I got one a couple of years ago, out of curiosity. Crispy noodles were just as I remembered, yummy. The rest was pretty shite tho

11 hours ago, MikeR said:

Yep all at it ,few years time it will be why is the centre centre a ghost town?

7 hours ago, hairnet said:

Medical bastard 

yeah so i wont bore you with the pictures (need to vent) - bear with me :D

went in for routine blood test and chat with head honcho for medical - and the blood test fine didnt take long had to wait almost an hour for head honcho (dont know why there was hour between the appts as the blood test took 30 secs lol)

they checked the test while i was there as its very quick

oh yer calcium is low again - not as low as last time (hospital visit) but low enuff you need to stay in so we can bag you again (steady)

as soon as this happened everyone got told - including work - tried to find out how big the bag was gonna be (100ml an hour - will take 10 hours)

if it was smol 3 hours med bag 6 - full litre 10 (omg im gonna be sooo bored lol)

ive been talking the tablets they gave me since the last time but its still not right

originally it shoulda been calc tabs and vit d cos it went up but not enuff hence tabs - but they didnt give me the vit d - the calc tabs has this in (it says on the packet) so i didnt take much notice

the hospital gave the calc tabs and said pick up the vit d via script from your gp

ok - went in coupla days later and no

had blood test after that and they said did you get the d tabs - no asked and they said no

more emails to gp from hosp

thats happened twice more -  i keep asking - the hosp speak to the gp and still nothing (they also rang them on one occasion)

so today finally the hosp said fuckit we'll give you the d tabs - they have and omg its one a week :D how strong must they be :D

gp will be visited tomorrow - to quote snap - i will attack and you dont want that

(hey fire me im annoyed and tired)

and asked wheres all me scripts and why havent you called me in to monitor me as the hospital asked

hosp have told me to get gp to book me in for a blood test :D (sneaky)

so its been a long day (there at 8 got released at 8

but hopefully level will go back to normal (they tested me 4 times today for blood pressure and despite whats been going on its 125/80 3 times :D

ecg was fine too

all other levels are fine - which is odd - think now its the treatment thats sent it funny

fuck medical - but its getting there - slowly

cant fault the hospital - they WILL be getting a pressie :D

Just watching a cop programme, drug dealer tried to drive off while a copper has his hand in the window dragging him up the road, cop manages to get the keys out 

Matey boy legs it, copper gets him trapped in an alleyway and the cunt lunges at him with a broken bottle 

16 month suspended sentence, 250 hours of unpaid work he'll probably never turn up for and a tag 

It's no wonder they try and escape, what's to lose, fucks sake 

10 hours ago, Wack said:

Just watching a cop programme, drug dealer tried to drive off while a copper has his hand in the window dragging him up the road, cop manages to get the keys out 

Matey boy legs it, copper gets him trapped in an alleyway and the cunt lunges at him with a broken bottle 

16 month suspended sentence, 250 hours of unpaid work he'll probably never turn up for and a tag 

It's no wonder they try and escape, what's to lose, fucks sake 

People like that have a tendency to have nasty accidents and no-one saw it.

Maybe he's finally had enough of the place becoming a tourist attraction for attention-seeking wankers.

It's the North Midlands equivalent of the Abbey Road zebra crossing, except this place doesn't have any historical significance and is just "hurrr there's a camera there, let's act like a dick so we get on the internet".

On 11/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, iainrcz said:

No internet or phone all weekend, nearly an hour on hold to moan and still haven't spoken to a cunt about it.

Cable had failed outside house. New cable and router, now connection is slow as fuck. According to Shell my line supports 4mbps, even though before the problem I was getting from 11 - 14 🙄 

That M58 to M6 NB junction , played it safe today and stayed behind the artic on the inside lane , except the stupid bint in the SUV who came up the outside lane , got beside me , and proceeded to panic when she could not join the M6 , forcing me onto the remains of the hard shoulder and a rapidly approaching bridge of doom support , cue constant horns and high beam ,and looks of alarm that some one would do such a thing to a SUV driver , but some dabbing of the brakes and beating the 66 horses into action and we were able to lock eyes for a long dirty look ...

And my dash cam played up again , some how it corrupted the new SD card , looks like it runs out of battery when taking 2 minutes to shut down and crashes out . Now told to shut down in 10 secs and seems ok ..

For now ...

10 minutes ago, Wack said:

Thought I'd try royal mail drop and go save me going to the post office 

Your postman will pick the Parcel up for free as part of his round 

Like fuck they will so now I've got to go to the sorting office in town, cunts 

I tried that on Wednesday for the first time.

Whenever I'm buying parcel postage on RM's website they seem to default to this automatically now, and you have to manually remove it at the payment stage.

The last few times I've just taken it off, then gone down to the sorting office as usual - but decided to give it a go this week.

The postie did indeed turn up at the door on time with the label and everything, but it was a bit of a fuckabout for him trying to juggle all his delivery mail and this parcel and the label and his handheld scanner thing. In the rain.

He was very nice about it, but I felt a bit grubby giving him extra hassle - I reckon this is some sort of RM management wheeze to avoid having to pay Post Offices for handling customer parcels.

Don't think I'll be doing it again - though would be interested to hear from RM employees about how they feel about it?

2 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Whenever I'm buying parcel postage on RM's website they seem to default to this automatically now, and you have to manually remove it at the payment stage.

The last few times I've just taken it off, then gone down to the sorting office as usual - but decided to give it a go this week.

The postie did indeed turn up at the door on time with the label and everything, but it was a bit of a fuckabout for him trying to juggle all his delivery mail and this parcel and the label and his handheld scanner thing. In the rain.

He was very nice about it, but I felt a bit grubby giving him extra hassle - I reckon this is some sort of RM management wheeze to avoid having to pay Post Offices for handling customer parcels.

Don't think I'll be doing it again - though would be interested to hear from RM employees about how they feel about it?

I tried it about a year ago and I don't think the postie had been briefed on it at all! He seemed completely surprised by the whole idea. It all worked fine but it seemed like extra hassle for him so I haven't done it again since. 

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

I was a bit pissed off about having to drive into town at 5pm on a Friday , I don't really think posties are cunts, it's a tough job being out in all weathers 

I assumed they'd be coming in a van so I wouldn't have been happy if he'd been carrying it round in a downpour.