The grumpy thread

outlaw118

15 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Oh bugger. Just been out in the Focus, first proper cold drive out in it for a while, headlights, blowers, both heated screens, radio etc all switched on. And the alternator is whining under load, so is on its way out basically..

Just like this video 

https://youtube.com/shorts/7pAvOwmcru0?feature=share

Oh well, can't really complain. It looks original and it's not wanted for much else recently 

that sound pretty normal for a loaded alternator tbh- they do sing a little when working hard

5 minutes ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

that sound pretty normal for a loaded alternator tbh- they do sing a little when working hard

No it's never done it before, I'll live with it for now but the lights are dipping with revs and when you switch anything on so it's not long for this world 

Been back in Milton Keynes for about two hours now after a holiday in the US for two weeks.

I am already losing the will to live again and feel like I never left.  Few things highlight how unpleasant a place is than not being there for a while.  Why people just seem to go so far out their way to be assholes here I just don't understand.

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Which one? I had Moderna and have been ill for three weeks.

Pfizer this time, can't find my card for the previous ones, seems that the side effects get worse each time!
Arm painful this am, but slept for 10 hours last night, which is unusual - could do with a nap now though!

6 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Pfizer this time, can't find my card for the previous ones, seems that the side effects get worse each time!
Arm painful this am, but slept for 10 hours last night, which is unusual - could do with a nap now though!

I didn't feel much effected by the first 2 (my wife reckoned I was acting tired though), the 3rd made me tired for a day or so, not good when assembling a wardrobe!

The most recent one just made my arm sore for 2-3 days afterwards.

Puncture in the pug yesterday morning down the fish quay. Jacked it up but the fucker was welded to the drum. I did loosen the wheel nuts and bounced it up a couple of kerbs but it still wouldn't loosen. I had to drive a mile home to get a mash hammer to it. It's fucked the tyre though. The date of the spare is 2011 which is also the age of the car. It didn't look like it's been used though.

Two new ones are cheap enough though. I'll clean and copper grease the hubs when I take the wheels to get the tyres swapped.

20221016_075148.jpg

20221016_075556.jpg

20221016_081053.jpg

Screenshot_20221016_093627.jpg

Oh and I stood back on the wheeltrim smashing it. I have three spares in the lockup that my mate the previous owner gave me. It was cheaper to buy four as a set rather than an individual.

It has a headlight bulb out too. I changed it last year and it's a bastard.

3 hours ago, paulplom said:

Puncture in the pug yesterday morning down the fish quay. Jacked it up but the fucker was welded to the drum. I did loosen the wheel nuts and bounced it up a couple of kerbs but it still wouldn't loosen. I had to drive a mile home to get a mash hammer to it. It's fucked the tyre though. The date of the spare is 2011 which is also the age of the car. It didn't look like it's been used though.

Two new ones are cheap enough though. I'll clean and copper grease the hubs when I take the wheels to get the tyres swapped.

20221016_075148.jpg

20221016_075556.jpg

20221016_081053.jpg

They do get a bit stuck , normally a good kicking gets them off , as u say , clean and grease up the hub spigot .

How did it handle with a flat on the back ?

Just wondering in case mine has a rear tyre go ..as I am may have to trash a tyre to get to a safe place .

4 hours ago, MikeR said:

They do get a bit stuck , normally a good kicking gets them off , as u say , clean and grease up the hub spigot .

How did it handle with a flat on the back ?

Just wondering in case mine has a rear tyre go ..as I am may have to trash a tyre to get to a safe place .

I didn't hear anything as I had music blasting. I first thought I felt something about four miles previous going around a roundabout. I then got to the fish quay went round a corner and felt something again. I pulled over aboht half a mile later to check just in case. In a straight line I couldn't tell.

11 hours ago, paulplom said:

20221016_075148.jpg

20221016_075556.jpg

20221016_081053.jpg

We have those on the Tranny van. Bit bigger obv.

Been good so far.