The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I really ought to go out and check the starter motor solenoids earth on the Nissan as its been a bit reluctant to start sometimes in the last few days. 

But its gone a little chilly hasn't it and I'm quite liking sitting here on the sofa watching the lad play on the xbox. 

Lacking in motivation a bit. 

17 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Who’d have thought turning the hard shoulder into another lane might cause dangerous situations?  Did anyone who’s actually driven on a motorway more than once get involved with the decision making process?

How much to widen the motorways

££££££££££££££££££££

How much to not widen the motorways but pay a bloke minimum wage to watch some screens 

££

All in favour say I 

talking of motorways , how the fuk do they plan road works , looking at the M6 north of Preston which is getting closed to repair some bridge ..

is any form of forward planning published ????

looks like its open the weekend , but next weekend ???   , and so on ....

We're observing the silence for the Queen.

"Fucking let me in" BANG BANG BANG!

Yes, Mrs. Cunt next door has decided to lock him out when he's gone outside for a fag. He took it well*, and only spent 30 minutes trying to kick the doors in, until some m9s turned up and persuaded him to leave.

Disrespectful. 

1 hour ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Put it this way.  I’ve bought cars that are cheaper than this recovery.

But at least I won’t forget my MOT next time.  And I really like my car.

EDIT:  I’m actually a dozy cunt.

Oof, that's some rotten luck!  It's not difficult to forget about.  They seem to come around ridiculously quickly sometimes.

I had that "Oh ****!" Moment a couple of years ago when I thought my test was still a month in date but had actually run out a fortnight ago.  This was right before I was about to set out on a trip to Aberdeen.  Thankfully my local garage was able to fit me in the following day and it was a clean pass.  Made me thoroughly paranoid going forward though!  

26 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Oof, that's some rotten luck!  It's not difficult to forget about.  They seem to come around ridiculously quickly sometimes.

I had that "Oh ****!" Moment a couple of years ago when I thought my test was still a month in date but had actually run out a fortnight ago.  This was right before I was about to set out on a trip to Aberdeen.  Thankfully my local garage was able to fit me in the following day and it was a clean pass.  Made me thoroughly paranoid going forward though!  

My Mum did exactly the same a few years ago.  I honestly thought I had another month or so to go.

Home now.  Car recovered, parts on order, MOT booked in for a couple of weeks away.  I work from home anyway so no big deal there and the Mini will be our chariot of choice for a bit.  The money stings but I’ve just got a backdated pay rise, so it’s not the end of the World.  Just a rough couple of hours I’ll laugh about in a few months.

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

We're observing the silence for the Queen.

"Fucking let me in" BANG BANG BANG!

Yes, Mrs. Cunt next door has decided to lock him out when he's gone outside for a fag. He took it well*, and only spent 30 minutes trying to kick the doors in, until some m9s turned up and persuaded him to leave.

Disrespectful. 

Your neighbours are dickheads, there's no doubt about it, but it's unrelated to whatever the latest bollocks is going on with the queen.

A sizeable majority of people have no idea (nor interest) that there's even any silence to observe, and you really can't expect everyone to know about it, especially not dickheads like your neighbours.

TLDR: Queens dead, sorry if you're upset but objectively she did absolutely sod all to help or even interest 99% of the people in the country so people are all going to have different reactions to it than you have

10 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Set the MOT reminder email     mot.remind.me@notifications.service.gov.uk    it will remind you a month before. No excuses then !!

12 hours ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Put it this way.  I’ve bought cars that are cheaper than this recovery.

But at least I won’t forget my MOT next time.  And I really like my car.

EDIT:  I’m actually a dozy cunt.

Set the MOT reminder email     mot.remind.me@notifications.service.gov.uk    it will remind you a month before. No excuses then !!

Just the bloody esso is open in Thame. 

Obviously I walked into town first, realised nothing was open so walked a mile to esso, deciding a walk would do me good rather than save 5 minutes and walk home to the car. 

Get there and their bloody cashing up. Still open, but can I wait 5 minutes... 

9 minutes later and with now a huge queue behind me I finally get served, 30g of gv yellow please... "only got gv original" 

Ffs fine thanks. Beep £20.45 😡 I paid with 2 £20s just to piss the guy off rather than blip my phone and stomped the walk home a sweaty horrible mess! 

39 minutes ago, Pieman said:

People who go on holiday abroad and spend the entire holiday posting photos on social media of everything they're doing.  I thought the point of a holiday was to try and preach to everyone else how privileged you are to be able to post about every happening on your week away in a damp caravan in skeggy... 

FTFY :(