The grumpy thread

outlaw118

"Your seller performance is below standard under the UK seller performance standards programme.

We noticed that you've improved your seller performance--that's great news. However, you'll need to continue improving to avoid limitations."

Pretty sure when you are paying for a service you shouldn't be beaten by the provider for not meeting a random set of ratings left by people who

have no understanding of what they mean... :x

Had a look on the "web" and they've started throwing people off because of them despite having no bad feedback or opened cases. :roll:

"Your seller performance is below standard under the UK seller performance standards programme.

We noticed that you've improved your seller performance--that's great news. However, you'll need to continue improving to avoid limitations."

Pretty sure when you are paying for a service you shouldn't be beaten by the provider for not meeting a random set of ratings left by people who

have no understanding of what they mean... :x

Had a look on the "web" and they've started throwing people off because of them despite having no bad feedback or opened cases. :roll:

If I were you, I'd contact the OFT. I don't know how good they are- they may be worse than useless, however, on the off chance that they actually aren't, it would be fun to see that well-known auction site get a royal kicking.

The seller of the fubared laptop I'm buying has been buggered by PainPal shipping services (I had never known that they existed- ignorance is bliss!) so I had to go to Argos and buy a USB keyboard while we figure out a solution...

My grump for the day is about the fact that I've decided to apply for a job with the University where I did my Master's degree (I 'm one of those people who never learn!). Fair enough, you don't want people to send you shitty CVs. However, this is not an excuse for designing an application form that is SEVEN PAGES long (and that's assuming that applicants restrain themselves to half a page of "additional information"), and asks for "evidence of compliance with the HR competency framework", which is a document 5-6 pages long that lists about 25 different items. I've been filling it in from 11 in the morning (alright, with a couple of breaks) and I still have a good couple of pages to go. I have a funny feeling they won't even bother to tell me I haven't been selected for interview, and that the job will end up going to the Director's niece or something.

I think the application form for my job was a good 12 pages or so, which I thought was a bit of a crock.

Good to know that they don't just have them to cover their backsides when appointing a mate/relative/girlfriend. Did you fill it in in your usual, to-the-point style, or did you try waffling and pretending that you're a fashionable juankerr?

Nope, I just filled it with a patchwork of second-guesses and assumptions,then HR started getting on my case asking for proof of some stuff, which I successfully sorted out by avoiding them until they stopped asking me.

I have a funny feeling they won't even bother to tell me I haven't been selected for interview, and that the job will end up going to th Director's niece or something.

Well they could always send you travel expenses - one university did that to me for an interview I never got selected for, when I phoned them they said on record I had, the £100 proved very handy!

Bike in for a service ... won't be back until Saturday.

In 2 weeks I'm doing a LOT of riding in France and ... my knee's hurting and my hamstrings are playing up. Not happy and in pain.

So I had a big ice cream to console my pain, then remembered I'm supposed to still be losing weight :oops:

Right, probably not the GR8ST idea bearing in mind I've had next to no sleep and in a foul mood but I've just gone on the merry-go-round of calling Orange and Apple.

Orange pretty helpful, told me not to be fobbed off by Apple and that they aren't allowed to tell me the 'phone has water damage until they've inspected it.

Guess what? They told me it was so :roll: So the great 'bring it to your nearest store/send it back/express delivery to you' debate starts. 'It's £147.00 if you pay by card, but we'll just hold that amount until it's been looked at'. Replacement will be a refurbished unit.

They put phone down now so I bell back and get someone else.

Ok, we'll roll with that thinks I, and start giving them the card number.

'Is that a debit card?'

Yes.

Oh, we'll take the money straight out of your account then'.

WTF? You said it was a suspended payment and told me you'd just take the money if my 'phone is knack'd due to a fault of mine.

'No, that's only for credit cards sir'.

{mumble swear words to myself}

Gives them credit card details.

'Ok sir, we'll suspend £374.17 from that card'.

WTF? Where has £347.17 come from, you told me £147.00?

'Ah, that's in case we don't get the phone'.

So what has that got to do with the price of fish?

'That's the value of a new phone'.

But you said it was refurb?

'It might be'.

So is it new or refurb'd?

'We don't know, we can't tell the difference'.

So if I walk into an Apple shop and buy a phone for £374.17 you're telling me you don't know if it's new or not?

'Yes of course we do'.

Mixed in with all this was 'we're the greatest company in the world'...'quality products' etc.

This (conversation with them) will continue when I get hold of their customer services...

*Apologies for the rant.

Same here tontops. Suddenly, the occasional crash of my BillBerry seems of no consequence! I also don't suffer from Apple-smugness. (not saying Billy does, but bloody hell some people do! It's just a f*cking phone/computer that cost you too much because it's pretty. There's nowt to be smug about!)

Some things on it are quite good but they're defo not all they're cracked up to be. Had held back from getting one because they do appear to be like the telephonic equivalent of a BMW Mini or Fiat 500, but bought the missus one and was quite impressed.

You sent it off today and they are saying that?! Thats a bit quick, I presume they have a seperate repair workshop right, which they dispatch phones to?! We generally don't even quotes through on our system for 2-3 days after the phone is sent off, so they have done that really quick, and that quote is nigh on a tenner more than the ones we provide for liquid damaged phones, it's usually a phone that resembles something someone has played 10 games of tennis with that commands a hugely inflated price like the one they have quoted you for the credit card payment. I am actually flabbergasted at their customer services there, that is ridiculous! I advise you complain, they clearly haven't explained anything at all there.

I myself have an iPhone, with insurance*, which is costing me a shedload each month, but the fact is, Apple are tightwads with this sort of thing. I should have got a HTC or Samsung Galaxy SII, so much better!

*Even the insurance has catches, due to the one year warranty, cheers Apple, it will never cover mechanical faults when the warranty has expired, so if you experience software faults after the one year, you are stuck.

Same here tontops. Suddenly, the occasional crash of my BillBerry seems of no consequence! I also don't suffer from Apple-smugness. (not saying Billy does, but bloody hell some people do! It's just a f*cking phone/computer that cost you too much because it's pretty. There's nowt to be smug about!)

I usually floor them with the coltan wars when they become unbearable.

You could of course mention the fact that the mobile operator, by contract, has to provide you with a phone capable of making calls and texting, and has lost the function to allow you to end a call yourself. Worth a try.

Maybe not so much a grump, more of a d'oh! Went to a quiz night tonight, which we've been doing regularly for a few weeks now. Teamed up with some friends, as you do, and somehow we managed to win a round, which meant one of us had to go up for the jackpot question. Jackpot rolls over each week, it's up to 400 euros now, no pressure! Guess who got sent up.

Well we all had to write down a number, in answer to the question; if you get the right number you win the money. Just being closest gets you a DVD. I was closest...

How many movies did Elvis star in between 1956 and 72?

My answer was 31.

Correct answer was 33.

Buggerbuggerbuggerbugger.....

So now I have a copy of The Lincoln Lawyer to watch.

Couldn't find the stickers :oops:

I haven't sent it yet Brammy, I was just sounding the useless shower of shite out on the phone again. It looks like a trip to Liverpool now (though I have to book in first apparantly) so if they do try and blame me for it being crap I can actually see the person I'm going to swear at.

iPhone?

I only require my phones to do two things. One is to make calls, the other is to recieve them.

I've got

half working now. It rings, and you can talk to the person on the other end. Think anything made now will still function in 2068?

My grump is that someone took it to bits years ago and removed the screws that hold the wires onto the dial, I now have to hunt for screws to suit a 57 year old GPO phone. This means going in the shed, and the last time I shut the shutter a big pile of stuff fell against it on the inside, so I've been putting off the inevitable.

I have a funny feeling they won't even bother to tell me I haven't been selected for interview, and that the job will end up going to th Director's niece or something.

Well they could always send you travel expenses - one university did that to me for an interview I never got selected for, when I phoned them they said on record I had, the £100 proved very handy!

From my dealings with them as a student, they are not the most organised bunch, but, regardless of whether I am selected, I'd be majorly surprised if they gave me anywhere near a ton for walking 7 minutes up the road. :mrgreen:

Just a thought I had while browsing Ebay for a new front door ... if you're selling a door, does it not strike you as a good idea to perhaps give some information about the size of it? I can see it's wooden, and I can see it comes with a brass letterbox, but what I can't see is what bloody size it is. You goon.

And lo, from the east did come yet another grump that has little to do with the rest of the Autoshite world....

My swimming pool leaks. "Aww poor baby," I hear you chorus. It's been leaking constantly since before we moved in. The landlady knows about it and has agreed to strip and reline the pool. We said we'd live with topping it up until the autumn, when the weather would be cooler and we wouldn't be wanting to use it. Except today we had a visit from a couple of municipality blokes, concerned about the figures they had been reading on our water meter (don't even know where to find that...). Apparently our bill for the quarter is likely to be in the region of 2000 euros. :shock: Holy shit...

So I've just advertised the Granada. :cry:

Wasn't she shagging Ross Kemp at one point?

So she's obviously not fussy.

She was married to him. She got arrested for assaulting him too...