The grumpy thread

outlaw118

For the first time this year I've seen a few wasps this year. Partner is off to Newcastle for food and beer with her mate and has just messaged saying she's been stung waiting for the bus 😂.

Wasps are evil cunts and will sting for no reason whatsoever. I remember being in a beer garden on a red hot day about 20 years ago. I thought there was a bit of sweat running down my arm, no it was a fucking wasp up my t shirt sleeve and the cunt stung me in the armpit. It hurt for a fortnight.

I love bees on the otherhand. My grandad showed me how to stroke them. They're totally placid. He also showed me how to grab nettles without being stung. If you grab aggressively and pull them out they don't sting. It's when you brush against them you get stung.

Getting sick to death of the lack of policing on the roads. For most of today we’ve had a Fiesta four up with young lads driving like Tony Pond round the area. Hammering about at 40 odd where kids are playing, wheel spinning out of every junction. What complete cunts. 

I can only say I’m hoping they aren’t counting on me calling the emergency services when they have a ‘big off’.

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Getting sick to death of the lack of policing on the roads. For most of today we’ve had a Fiesta four up with young lads driving like Tony Pond round the area. Hammering about at 40 odd where kids are playing, wheel spinning out of every junction. What complete cunts. 

I can only say I’m hoping they aren’t counting on me calling the emergency services when they have a ‘big off’.

Tony Pond !!!! fucking hell how old are you ? 😂

1 hour ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Can you make a DIY stinger or just get a length of barbed wire of barbed wire 🤔🤞

Door mat with nails in it?

Been tempted a few times around here, it's twats in 'VAG PD power M9' cars that are the worst here.

Ordered a good used driveshaft for the Peugeot van that is languishing on my driveway.  Checked the part numbers and in spite of it coming from a vehicle with the same engine and gearbox, the cutting thing is 1/2" longer and has less girth.

Fucking useless.  Bit the bullet and ordered one from ECP instead. 

29 minutes ago, ruffgeezer said:

Ordered a good used driveshaft for the Peugeot van that is languishing on my driveway.  Checked the part numbers and in spite of it coming from a vehicle with the same engine and gearbox, the cutting thing is 1/2" longer and has less girth.

Fucking useless.  Bit the bullet and ordered one from ECP instead. 

Don't be surprised if that is wrong too. There are loads of options.

French

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

TBF if they're as good as Tony was you don't need to worry. A big if, though...

16 hours ago, paulplom said:

For the first time this year I've seen a few wasps this year. Partner is off to Newcastle for food and beer with her mate and has just messaged saying she's been stung waiting for the bus 😂.

Wasps are evil cunts and will sting for no reason whatsoever. I remember being in a beer garden on a red hot day about 20 years ago. I thought there was a bit of sweat running down my arm, no it was a fucking wasp up my t shirt sleeve and the cunt stung me in the armpit. It hurt for a fortnight.

I love bees on the otherhand. My grandad showed me how to stroke them. They're totally placid. He also showed me how to grab nettles without being stung. If you grab aggressively and pull them out they don't sting. It's when you brush against them you get stung.

I managed to survive my entire life without a wasp sting (although I did get stung by a jellyfish when I was about 14) until last year.

Had a little itch on my scalp, so I reached up to itch it. Turned out to be a wasp walking through my hair. The little dickhead stung me on the webbing (if that's the word - I don't have webbed fingers!) between my third and fourth finger

21 hours ago, vulgalour said:

yeah... I don't have any suitable heat making device so I've been trying other methods.  Tried using an easy-out but as soon as it bites in the chuck on the drill slips and I haven't got a square drive that's about 4mm to go on the end of the easy-out so I'm currently trying to figure another work around on this.  I'm going to end up having to replace this whole sodding brake line and I really don't want to, all because of one stupid union that was given a smear of grease when it was done up years ago.

I have a couple of smaller torches that cost very little.

IMG_20220916_103811.thumb.jpg.0e5184a58090d49ce477fa318b839ecd.jpgIMG_20220916_103801.thumb.jpg.13cb0312f2ea0ca869656db3762c1d3b.jpg

Six quid for the bigger one, three for the little one.

Only bought the big one as I bought the gas canisters for my other blowlamps and weed burner and they were the wrong fitting.

I have an apocalyptic woman cos we've gone away for the weekend and I've forgotten tea bags and breakfast cereal. Engage mega anger in coop when I say I don't care what cereal she buys choose one you like.

@New POD it gets easier after the first million years,yes?