The grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I wouldn’t if interest rates weren’t so low and I could get a decent return from money in the bank , but thanks to 99% of the population acting like children and wanting everything on demand, we had an economic crash and interest rates have been near zero since, further pandering to the “ I want it now!” brigade at the expense of people trying to live on a pension.

But  hey, of course I should only charge £10 a week rent , which should never increase and I won’t ever evict them even if they refuse to pay or trash the place.

Get real. 

Nationalise your "properties" without compensation.

2 minutes ago, Neil clark said:

Fair enough, when my father in law was going to get his house repossessed and begged me to buy it so he could rent it back at about £300 less than market rent I should of turned my back, lesson learnt 

Wouldn't it be better to live in a world where you didn't have to do that?

I got a bill for the electricity used between 1st and 31st of August on Saturday. It was dated 5th September. I paid it on Sunday 11th at  the paypoint in the local shop. Today I come home to a demand to phone this number to sort out an outstanding debt. "we recently wrote to you about a debt over a month old "  It was dated 6th of September. Can't give the excuse of cross posted as they send out the bill one day then the very next day a threatening demand. 

Ova energy ( never heard of them) took over from SSE to supply my electric. I didn't change the supply they did. What used to be quartly bills are now monthly and I always pay either on the day it lands on the mat or the next day.  

14 minutes ago, meggersdog said:

I got a bill for the electricity used between 1st and 31st of August on Saturday. It was dated 5th September. I paid it on Sunday 11th at  the paypoint in the local shop. Today I come home to a demand to phone this number to sort out an outstanding debt. "we recently wrote to you about a debt over a month old "  It was dated 6th of September. Can't give the excuse of cross posted as they send out the bill one day then the very next day a threatening demand. 

Ova energy ( never heard of them) took over from SSE to supply my electric. I didn't change the supply they did. What used to be quartly bills are now monthly and I always pay either on the day it lands on the mat or the next day.  

Ha, don't talk to me about SSE/Ovo. SSE blackmailed us into fitting smart meters. Came and fitted them on the 14th of February. They still don't work. 

Won't bore you with all the details as it's a very, very long story. Needless to say we were also transferred to Ovo without being asked in June which complicated matters exponentially. So they are currently sending us bills based on estimates of about 13-14 kwh usage a day when we are in fact using about 3.5kwh a day so every day their so called estimate gets further away from the truth and any phone calls go no further than whoever answers the phone that day. 

When we were with SSE the estimated usage was only about 5kwh a day but as soon as Ovo took over they tripled it. Nobody can explain why. 

Anyway, enough. It would take me all night to tell the whole sorry saga. 

4 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

Downloaded the Freeview app to listen to town on the freeview radio dogshit, because clearly normal radio is too easy for people to access.

Doesn't work, what a waste of time.

Back to text updates then.

The EFL rights sold to radio stations are for terrestrial transmissions only, so as to geolock and protect revenue. 

37 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Ha, don't talk to me about SSE/Ovo. SSE blackmailed us into fitting smart meters. Came and fitted them on the 14th of February. They still don't work. 

Won't bore you with all the details as it's a very, very long story. Needless to say we were also transferred to Ovo without being asked in June which complicated matters exponentially. So they are currently sending us bills based on estimates of about 13-14 kwh usage a day when we are in fact using about 3.5kwh a day so every day their so called estimate gets further away from the truth and any phone calls go no further than whoever answers the phone that day. 

When we were with SSE the estimated usage was only about 5kwh a day but as soon as Ovo took over they tripled it. Nobody can explain why. 

Anyway, enough. It would take me all night to tell the whole sorry saga. 

Do they not have a website where you can enter your meter readings?  Eon invariably overestimate my bills, when the bill comes in I go onto the website and enter the correct readings and they send me an amended bill a couple of days later.

23 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Gov't is actually planning to abolish Section 21 in the next term of parliament, on the grounds it's unfair on tenants. 

Sooner the better. 

That will be delayed. They are not going to sit because of a funeral. Then they go into conference time. So no sitting for those weeks. Then there is the Lizzy help for heating thing to be debated too. Then we have the Christmas break.

4 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Do they not have a website where you can enter your meter readings?  Eon invariably overestimate my bills, when the bill comes in I go onto the website and enter the correct readings and they send me an amended bill a couple of days later.

Oh its far more complicated than that unfortunately. On the day they fitted the smart meters the guy couldn't finish the job because some network went down so he never left us with the in home display because he was going to come back. Except he never came back!

But also because we no longer have storage heaters he decided we didn't need day and night rate so wired everything into the day rate. If I press button B it says not available. But Ovo are convinced we still have day and night rate and if you try do it on line it wants the night rate before you can submit it.

I asked SSE several times for the in home display but one never arrived. Then we got transferred to Ovo. They did finally send an in home display but it won't talk to our meters, which also won't talk direct to Ovo. 

They sent an engineer out on July 29th (not* that I'm making a note of all these events and every phone call - ten so far) but he wasn't from Ovo, he was from some third party. He was here for an hour before concluding that these meters will never talk to Ovo or our in home display. He would go away and report to Ovo that they need to come out and put different meters in and they would be in touch in some working days. They weren't of course, and when I rang them they knew nothing of this event. 

I've sent them photos of the meters twice, on their request, with serial numbers, they've asked me how frequent each little LED light is flashing and every time I ring the girl knows nothing of previous phone calls and I have to explain it all again from scratch. I've tried emailing but you get the same response that my meters  aren't sending them any information. I know that. 

Also the estimated gas readings they send me are in kwh but our meter reads in cubic metres so I had to find a conversion off the Internet which I shouldn't have to do. And I ring up every couple of weeks with electric readings to prove I'm using about 4kwh a day and yet they still insist on sending estimates around the 14kwh mark. I asked why, when SSE were estimating 5kwh a day, did they decide to treble it as soon as Ovo took over and the girl said its the computer, she can't alter it. To be fair, they just work in a call centre and there's not much they can do but add notes to my file. 

And so it goes on. Current estimate is Oct before anybody from Ovo might arrive. 

Bet you're glad you asked now. 

26 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Oh its far more complicated than that unfortunately

If and when you ever get it resolved DON'T UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES transfer to EDF they are a complete bunch of cockwombles and fuckwits that between them all can't pick up a telephone and talk , would take a couple of minutes , website doesn't accept readings from 3 or 4 display meters , they say not eligible for a smart meter , probably wouldn't work anyway and they don't accept the meter readings that I gave them so won't send out a revised bill. !!!! 

They massively overestimated a bill in April , in fact the readings I gave last week are still less than what they estimated in April ...but they don't seem to want to send anyone to read the meter .... Well fkin believe what I told you then .... Customer service....you have to get past eNZO the fkwit bot first .....if you're lucky you get to talk to a fkwit working from home so you get to start the whole fkin story over again and again and again 😡😡😡😡

......fffffffkkkkkkkkk

2 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Finally managed to get covid. I'm about 4 days in I reckon, didn't feel quite right when I went camping on Saturday - the test went positive within seconds. Wife is also riddled with it. 

Gin and tonic appears to be helping. I suppose I better order more gin. 

Get well soon. I never knew gin had healing properties though... Will be taking note of that.

7 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

Are you alright?

I ask because reading your posts through the various forums recently I am getting major "early HK on the path of destruction" déjà vu vibes recently.

If you had to deal with the shit I do every day without an appropriate outlet to get it off your chest you'd be a combative arsehole too.

3 hours ago, meggersdog said:

Annoyingly, signing up for Direct Debit will be cheeper, but you have to keep on top of it (oo eer missus!)