The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Back from a week's holiday in the bay to find a couple of letters from the police telling me that my vehicles aren't on the MID and that I need to chase it up myself. I have a bank statement showing the money leaving the account & printed certificates for both the vehicles. Does anyone consider this particularly urgent?

What is it with travellers

Just been into the BP,  all pumps in use so I pull up behind a Ford ranger with somone in it but it  doesn't move. Next pump becomes free so i move over , somebody else pulls up behind the ranger 

I fill up, pay, come out and the 2 of them are still in the ranger stuffing their faces laughing with this guy still waiting behind

I move and he pulls on to the pump , are there any normal travellers.

It's like they want everyone to hate them 

2 hours ago, Wack said:

What is it with travellers

Just been into the BP,  all pumps in use so I pull up behind a Ford ranger with somone in it but it  doesn't move. Next pump becomes free so i move over , somebody else pulls up behind the ranger 

I fill up, pay, come out and the 2 of them are still in the ranger stuffing their faces laughing with this guy still waiting behind

they are just a massive pain in the arse.

I did mobile hydraulics repair in my last job, hyd hose replacement mostly.  If I got to a call out that was at a Traveler site or a job that Travelers were involved with I would just tell them “sorry can’t do the job I don’t have the fitting/parts/expertise “.  It would just save the hassle of not getting paid or getting paid and then having them constantly whining/threatening you on the phone expecting you to just drop everything and come and fix their bag of shit Machine for free because I touched it last 

4 hours ago, Wack said:

Yes.  However you'll either never see them because they want to keep themselves to themselves, or if you met them in town wouldn't have a clue they weren't anybody else on the street.  Two of my friends back up north are part of a small travelling group, and the whole group based on my experiences are the sort of folks who would give the coat off their own backs to someone on the street if they thought they needed it.  A lot of their day to day living relies on the goodwill and cooperation of the general public (even moreso these days than in the past), so why the hell would they want to be disliked?

Sadly there are a lot of assholes among the greater community and they have a tendency of being very, very, very visible.

I used to manage two park and ride sites...trust me, I've had plenty of run ins with the asshole type and had to funnel tens of thousands of public money I didn't have into sorting out the mess they left.  Especially the year they didn't just break down the height barriers, but *nicked* the height barriers...

-- -- --

Today's grump from me: What the fluffing HELL is going on on the roads today?!?  I've done about 40 miles today and must have nearly been wiped out half a dozen times between people just not paying attention (especially the idiot in the French plated lorry on the M1 who wound up having drifted across two and a half lanes before noticing), or just being willfully idiotic.

I know, it's central England...a large amount of twattery on the roads is par for the course, but today's just been ridiculous.

The modern Volvo has an rumbly wheel bearing and the stereo will no longer go loud enough to drown it out. I've not actually been able to have a close inspection as  the locking wheel nuts have all been gunned up good-n-proper and the locking wheel chuck/socket no longer fits.....

Other than hitting folk with a cricket bat thats how I've been since the wrist op 11 days ago. First check up today, nice to get the heavy cast off, healing up nicely, even though the skin on my arm looks like a cross between ET and my  nutsack.

20220912_113628.thumb.jpg.1ea6ba1f606dd4f08c581ab9fb95adbc.jpg

Put straight back into a splint though, caution is the name of the game, so other than weekly check ups this bloody thing is on for the next month or two. To be honest it hurt like hell when unsupported, so probably no bad thing.

IMG-20220912-WA0007.thumb.jpg.62b99752292cc43cdce4dbed7be444d1.jpg

Bugger, knuckles to past the elbow again, can't see me working or getting the underseal on the fleet for a while.

needed a chain and sprockets

usual 2 places i buy from no stock and nearest dealer 35 miles away (and wouldnt)

ordered off a place that has a presence (wrexham apparently)

chain is too short according to garage 🙄 (listing is 100% correct) not a huge problem - more a faff for the garage than me as no need for bike atm

14 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Apparently the landlord of my girlfriend's house has put the property up for sale.  The first she knew about it is when someone put a for sale board outside it without even telling her, and she was sitting inside it at the time.

Can they legally do that??

Yes. 

They can stick a board where they want. Yes, they can market the property (whilst she gets quiet enjoyment of the house, access must be given when requested correctly). 

They may advertise it with a sitting tenant (unlikely but possible) but she should expect a section 21 notice to land soonish. 

2 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Yes. 

They can stick a board where they want. Yes, they can market the property (whilst she gets quiet enjoyment of the house, access must be given when requested correctly). 

They may advertise it with a sitting tenant (unlikely but possible) but she should expect a section 21 notice to land soonish. 

This.  If they were to sell it to another landlord all they'd need to do was provide her with an amended tenancy agreement.

I'm sure they're about to urgently need to move back into the home that used to be their permanent residence though ;) 

9 hours ago, Pieman said:

Apparently the landlord of my girlfriend's house has put the property up for sale.  The first she knew about it is when someone put a for sale board outside it without even telling her, and she was sitting inside it at the time.

Can they legally do that??

We had a house sold from under us whilst renting in Shrewsbury. 

Landlord had 4-5 properties let out and split from his Mrs

She demanded he sold them and split the money so he put them on the market for something like 50k over market value to discourage any buyers.

Kept us on the loop and agreed with reasonable times for any viewings ect.

We got 2 viewings and he had offers on them all within 3 weeks.. 

We got 2 months to find somewhere who would take 3 dogs as well as us..  

Sadly, yes he can sell it without involving you as long as potential buyers don't enter without the tenants knowledge.

If the old landlord doesn't ask the tenant to leave by giving proper notice, the tenancy transfers to the new owner.

The new owner will then have to give the usual notice period if they want a tenant to leave.

Sorry.

15 hours ago, chaseracer said:

You know the saying 'no good turn goes unpunished'?  A colleague borrowed the Lexus to take her daughter back to university, and brought it back with the tank full.

Of diesel.

🙄

How is that possible ? The petrol filler hole in a petrol car is too small for the diesel pump nozzle.

15 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:

People shouldn't own multiple "properties"

I wouldn’t if interest rates weren’t so low and I could get a decent return from money in the bank , but thanks to 99% of the population acting like children and wanting everything on demand, we had an economic crash and interest rates have been near zero since, further pandering to the “ I want it now!” brigade at the expense of people trying to live on a pension.

But  hey, of course I should only charge £10 a week rent , which should never increase and I won’t ever evict them even if they refuse to pay or trash the place.

Get real.