The grumpy thread

outlaw118

every time my wife books a hol , things go tits up , last week its was a load of trouble with my sons tutors crying off with this and that .

one does not know it yet but they are getting replaced soon ...

this week ,   not only does her Majasty pass on , the car they are going to use plays up ..

so they are squashed into a C1 for a 200 mile trip down south , and lots of things they want to see , may be closed out of respect !! ....

ironically the british weather has not played up ...   yet

2 minutes ago, fairkens said:

Mine too. Apparently we can all take time during the working day to visit her lying in state and pay our respects.

Does anyone know any decent pubs in Westminster?

fucking hell, thats a result - basically a free pass to reject any and all meetings for the next week and a half. "Nah m8, can't make it soz. Goin' 2 pay my respects innit"

8 hours ago, cobblers said:

Why? Sure, she was polite and played the "solemn monarch" part pretty well, but her words are a lot different to her actions - the list of awful stuff she's done is as long as my arm. 

I am probably just old fashioned and / or out of touch, but I really don't get this modern trend (and I'm not just talking about the Queen here) of completely writing someone off just because they've done a few things that one disagrees with.  Nobody is all good or all bad, everyone is human and fallible, and everyone has different views on what is "right" and "wrong" in any given situation.

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

every time my wife books a hol , things go tits up , last week its was a load of trouble with my sons tutors crying off with this and that .

one does not know it yet but they are getting replaced soon ...

this week ,   not only does her Majasty pass on , the car they are going to use plays up ..

so they are squashed into a C1 for a 200 mile trip down south , and lots of things they want to see , may be closed out of respect !! ....

ironically the british weather has not played up ...   yet

Actually you are due to come to us, next Friday, and you can bring the dog too.  We can always take it swimming at dovedale 

27 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I am probably just old fashioned and / or out of touch, but I really don't get this modern trend (and I'm not just talking about the Queen here) of completely writing someone off just because they've done a few things that one disagrees with.  Nobody is all good or all bad, everyone is human and fallible, and everyone has different views on what is "right" and "wrong" in any given situation.

Totally agree with you on that front.

However, the hysterics that people are getting into over her death is just absolutely bonkers. She was born into a life of insane privilege (built on very dodgy foundations) and all she has done is appear personable for the past 75 years, and for some reason we have grown men wetting their pants on live TV about it. Motorsport companies tripping over themselves to be the first to post some soppy rubbish on twitter and people losing their minds that not everyone cares that she's dead.

Fair enough - yes, grown men who have never met her crying in public seems a little over the top to me as well.  Still, to each their own, live and let live etc.

Edited to add: appearing personable for 75 years is no mean feat in itself, especially considering some of the cunts she must have had to deal with over that period.  I certainly wouldn't have managed it.

Flintshire County Council Streetscene department are absolutely fucking shite!!!

I applied for a trailer permit to go to the tip 8 weeks ago. It said it would take a maximum of 15 working days to arrive. You had to state the car which would be towing it and there were certain vehicles which were not permitted, namely vans, pickups and campervans. I applied using my only vehicle with a tow bar, the 7 seat people carrier, the Pontiac. Having waited the requisite 15 days I started calling and got told it was in hand etc etc… On day 37 (!) I got an email saying that I could not have a trailer permit as my vehicle is not a permitted vehicle… they said it was a van. 

Its a fucking people carrier you dense morons! I even sent you a fucking picture so you wouldn’t get confused by it’s being an import.  It has windows and 7 fucking seats! It’s not a van or a pickup. I’ve emailed to explain in language they might understand… “it’s similar in size and layout to a Vauxhall Zafira” literally the hardest words I’ve ever had to type.

I did ask my wife for help… her email suggestion may not have made it any better:

29640387-F1BA-4723-9D07-CA04739F7D72.jpeg

Oh but there’s more!
It’s the same department who collect the bins. They missed our bin collection two weeks ago 2nd time in 4 collections… 50% miss rate, my bin couldn’t be more obvious and not be literally in the path of the double decker buses which go past the house. I reported it, they said it would be collected in 24 hours… that was 10 days ago and it’s all still here. I even reminded them 5 days later. I might get flashing lights and a huge neon arrow so they don’t miss it this week. 

Absolute useless bellend cunts. 

Planned to go to two local car shows this weekend, both have been postponed* due to the Queen, even though the govenment's own website says there's no need to cancel events off the back of it. Look, if people want to stay indoors, dress as Ms Faversham and stare blankly out of a drizzle-spattered window for the next 10 days, fine. The rest of us would like to keep calm and carry on, and I reckon that's what Her Maj would have wanted as well.

* I say "postponed", but since both events require road closures, they almost certainly won't be able to request another set of closures at short notice so I expect they'll be canned entirely.

26 minutes ago, brownnova said:

I even sent you a fucking picture so you wouldn’t get confused by it’s being an import. 

I think sadly thats where you went wrong, because until that point, it would of just been seen as a Pontiac Estate on their computer system (as thats what its registered as with the DVLA) and probably would of just gone through no problems as I dont think anyone would blink twice at an estate car

the fact you explicitly sent in pictures probably made some jobs worth stop and fuck with your application sadly,

although you may be able to use this to your advantage in the appeal by showing them that its NOT a Van and here is proof by way of the V5 clearly stating "ESTATE"

and its worth noting at least that it is also properly registered under the DVLA's make code for Pontiac, K8, so should you have to deal with this sort crap again, at least you should not have  to worry about any issues in future with it being an import, (there is no model code however but that just means it will simply just show up as Pontiac or Pontiac Unknown thats all :) )

I do love the wifes email suggestion :) very much something my mum or her SO would send me if I was in a similar situation LOL

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

I think sadly thats where you went wrong, because until that point, it would of just been seen as a Pontiac Estate on their computer system (as thats what its registered as with the DVLA) and probably would of just gone through no problems as I dont think anyone would blink twice at an estate car

the fact you explicitly sent in pictures probably made some jobs worth stop and fuck with your application sadly,

although you may be able to use this to your advantage in the appeal by showing them that its NOT a Van and here is proof by way of the V5 clearly stating "ESTATE"

and its worth noting at least that it is also properly registered under the DVLA's make code for Pontiac, K8, so should you have to deal with this sort crap again, at least you should not have  to worry about any issues in future with it being an import, (there is no model code however but that just means it will simply just show up as Pontiac or Pontiac Unknown thats all :) )

I do love the wifes email suggestion :) very much something my mum or her SO would send me if I was in a similar situation LOL

I think… the useless bastards have googled “Pontiac TransSport” and seen the words minivan.

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

Alex: tow the bin, in the trailer, behind the Dustbuster, into Mold and dump it all on the steps of the council offices.  That should get their attention.

Though I prefer Siân's idea...

😁

If they fail to collect my bin tomorrow… that will likely be the case. 

3 hours ago, brownnova said:

Flintshire County Council Streetscene department are absolutely fucking shite!!!

I applied for a trailer permit to go to the tip 8 weeks ago. It said it would take a maximum of 15 working days to arrive. You had to state the car which would be towing it and there were certain vehicles which were not permitted, namely vans, pickups and campervans. I applied using my only vehicle with a tow bar, the 7 seat people carrier, the Pontiac. Having waited the requisite 15 days I started calling and got told it was in hand etc etc… On day 37 (!) I got an email saying that I could not have a trailer permit as my vehicle is not a permitted vehicle… they said it was a van. 

Its a fucking people carrier you dense morons! I even sent you a fucking picture so you wouldn’t get confused by it’s being an import.  It has windows and 7 fucking seats! It’s not a van or a pickup. I’ve emailed to explain in language they might understand… “it’s similar in size and layout to a Vauxhall Zafira” literally the hardest words I’ve ever had to type.

I did ask my wife for help… her email suggestion may not have made it any better:

29640387-F1BA-4723-9D07-CA04739F7D72.jpeg

Oh but there’s more!
It’s the same department who collect the bins. They missed our bin collection two weeks ago 2nd time in 4 collections… 50% miss rate, my bin couldn’t be more obvious and not be literally in the path of the double decker buses which go past the house. I reported it, they said it would be collected in 24 hours… that was 10 days ago and it’s all still here. I even reminded them 5 days later. I might get flashing lights and a huge neon arrow so they don’t miss it this week. 

Absolute useless bellend cunts. 

I like the sound of your wife.

Can someone just nuke this fucking neighborhood from orbit?  No, scratch that.  Just take out the entire sodding town.  It would be an improvement.

One of our neighbours - the same ones who have been harrassing us endlessly about delays in sorting the boundary fence which has been delayed time and time again through issues totally outside our control - have been having a party.  Since before dinner time.  

It's now 1am, and their (shit) music is still blaring loud enough that it's making the glasses rattle in our kitchen cabinets.  From what we can see out our back door there must be 30 people in there, most of them pissed or stoned off their face (or both).  So like hell I'm going to knock on the door and politely ask them to turn the music down.  

My bedroom is on the opposite side of the house, and I have an air conditioner and a pretty substantial fan running and even with headphones on I can still hear their racket.

You can guess how enthusiastic the response from Thames Valley Police was.

God I can't fucking wait to get out of this shithole town and for our nearest neighbour to be in the order of miles away again.  Seriously, moving here has got to be one of the single biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life.

Can someone just nuke this fucking neighborhood from orbit?  No, scratch that.  Just take out the entire sodding town.  It would be an improvement.
One of our neighbours - the same ones who have been harrassing us endlessly about delays in sorting the boundary fence which has been delayed time and time again through issues totally outside our control - have been having a party.  Since before dinner time.  
It's now 1am, and their (shit) music is still blaring loud enough that it's making the glasses rattle in our kitchen cabinets.  From what we can see out our back door there must be 30 people in there, most of them pissed or stoned off their face (or both).  So like hell I'm going to knock on the door and politely ask them to turn the music down.  
My bedroom is on the opposite side of the house, and I have an air conditioner and a pretty substantial fan running and even with headphones on I can still hear their racket.
You can guess how enthusiastic the response from Thames Valley Police was.
God I can't fucking wait to get out of this shithole town and for our nearest neighbour to be in the order of miles away again.  Seriously, moving here has got to be one of the single biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life.
Sympathising with you on this. While all is currently quiet in the immediate vicinity, it's odds on that one or other of my neighbours will have a noisy domestic dispute within the next 12 hours, most likely loud enough to wake me up when I'm trying to lie-in. Then one of the four separate scrapmen will make their rounds, if I'm unlucky it'll be the one with a loop tape played through a PA system. Later, there will be hooning around the estate of monkey bikes (not road legal), lowered Zafiras (mostly legal, though probably not taxed), modified Golfs (legal if not totally accurately described to their insurers) and noisiest of all, straight through exhaust, hilifted, end of life Discovery's, which will neither be taxed, tested or insured.

All the perpetrators of the above can get right to fuck.

9 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Planned to go to two local car shows this weekend, both have been postponed* due to the Queen, even though the govenment's own website says there's no need to cancel events off the back of it. Look, if people want to stay indoors, dress as Ms Faversham and stare blankly out of a drizzle-spattered window for the next 10 days, fine. The rest of us would like to keep calm and carry on, and I reckon that's what Her Maj would have wanted as well.

* I say "postponed", but since both events require road closures, they almost certainly won't be able to request another set of closures at short notice so I expect they'll be canned entirely.

Seeing where you are made me realise one of them is probably the one I was going to take my little lad to tomorrow.  Agree that cancelling everything is unnecessary and over the top

5 hours ago, Erebus said:

Seeing where you are made me realise one of them is probably the one I was going to take my little lad to tomorrow.  Agree that cancelling everything is unnecessary and over the top

I know it’s unbelievably annoying. Let’s just cancel everything for the rest of the year, let’s cancel Christmas while we are at it! 

My grump is in Screwfix, some absolute tit was at the front, dithering about which screws he should buy, then what fucking washers then what length. Couldn’t he have fucking figured all this out at home, then at the end it was a £1.75 sale after twenty minutes of deliberation. Off the back of this I can see why some places will only accept trade customers. 

5 hours ago, sierraman said:

I know it’s unbelievably annoying. Let’s just cancel everything for the rest of the year, let’s cancel Christmas while we are at it! 

My grump is in Screwfix, some absolute tit was at the front, dithering about which screws he should buy, then what fucking washers then what length. Couldn’t he have fucking figured all this out at home, then at the end it was a £1.75 sale after twenty minutes of deliberation. Off the back of this I can see why some places will only accept trade customers. 

Once I was in Euro Car Parts, waiting behind a fella buying brake pads (Eicher, obvs, the red box from hell etc) and a set of wiper blades

He asked if the wipers came with fitting instructions 🤦‍♂️

I really hope he wasn't planning on fitting those brake pads himself! 

Car parts being available to the general public is a dangerous move in some cases!

16 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Once I was in Euro Car Parts, waiting behind a fella buying brake pads (Eicher, obvs, the red box from hell etc) and a set of wiper blades

He asked if the wipers came with fitting instructions 🤦‍♂️

I really hope he wasn't planning on fitting those brake pads himself! 

Car parts being available to the general public is a dangerous move in some cases!

Used to get this all the time when I worked in the parts place.

Someone would ask for a thermostat, you'd get them the thermostat.

Do you need a gasket or any sealer with that?

Errr, I dunno? Do I? Suppose so.

What about antifreeze sir?

Errr,  do i need that then?

Well, yes if you lose the water.

Err, suppose so?

That is £17.50 please.

Can I get that TRADE mate?

4 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

Used to get this all the time when I worked in the parts place.

Someone would ask for a thermostat, you'd get them the thermostat.

Do you need a gasket or any sealer with that?

Errr, I dunno? Do I? Suppose so.

What about antifreeze sir?

Errr,  do i need that then?

Well, yes if you loose the water.

Err, suppose so?

That is £17.50 please.

Can I get that TRADE mate?

PT2 :)

Attempts job -> gets stuck -> watches YouTube -> reads forum posts from 10 years ago telling you how there's only 1 mechanic in the world that has the tool to do the job -> fucks everything up -> drives to garage without any coolant -> overheats -> kippers the engine -> blames "scumbag" garage ... 🙄