The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

That'll be the same ones that stay in lane 2 or 3 when chaos ensues all round them , oblivious to everything ☹️

Oh don't even bloody get me started.  In the last two days I have driven nearly 800 miles, almost all of it on the M25, A1M, M1, M6, M40 and M42, and I think I encountered over 100 of the brainless fuckers.  I have no shame in admitting I breezed past all of them in lane one.

As for supermarkets, it seems people lose their ability to think from the moment they enter the car park.

5 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

When there's a queue at the fuel station and unless you actually need something from the shop, do us all a favour and PAY AT THE FUCKING PUMP YOU UTTER DINOSAUR. 

This - but also - if there's a queue, perhaps don't go in a buy a bucket of coffee from the Costa machine, three sandwiches, potter about looking at fizzy drinks and try to engage the staff with some hilarious* banter.  Pay for your petrol and fuck off.  If you need to shove food in your gob, you're never more than ten minutes away from a fucking Tesco...

1 hour ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

This - but also - if there's a queue, perhaps don't go in a buy a bucket of coffee from the Costa machine, three sandwiches, potter about looking at fizzy drinks and try to engage the staff with some hilarious* banter.  Pay for your petrol and fuck off.  If you need to shove food in your gob, you're never more than ten minutes away from a fucking Tesco...

Some petrol stations have a Tesco Express attached…..

10 hours ago, maxxo said:

Here’s another

shopping

i bloody hate it, I hate the supermarket, I hate customers and I hate people who just stand in the middle of the aisles or take ages at tills

i do mostly online grocery shopping and it’s great 

but today, no as I was passing I decided to call in

yep, misery

Rural Norway is nice. I did food shopping on Thursday and did it at the right time so I was the only customer and with me knowing the store it took about 5 minutes.

12 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

Some petrol stations have a Tesco Express attached…..

And some are staffed by fknuggets that don't put people on the tills in peak periods , Horsham one is so close to a roundabout that if you wanted to put a drop kerb in it would be rejected, yet Tesco express get permission for a busy petrol station and supermarket . It regularly clags up the roundabout and adjoining roads because of twatty drivers that don't know how to queue or use the pump on the opposite side to their tank ....🤬🤬🤬 bit early for a grump but WTF

Been on holiday down south and headed back tonight. Grumpy because today was the last time I was able to go to the banger racing in Angmering. 

I can't remember when I first went but reckon it was about 35yrs ago when I was 10 or so when we used to walk through the fields up Dappers Lane and climb in over the back. 

The Parish Council and usual whinging Angmering residents have tried to shut the place for decades, complaining about the noise, dust, traffic, fucking anything they can think of to stick their meddling noses in. 

In recent years, Angmering has been built on massively. Its doubled in size in the last 15yrs I reckon and all the moaning residents and parish council are continuously losing their shit about the amount of new houses being built absolutely everywhere more than the raceway. 

I find it quite funny, that as a parting shot, its been sold to build more houses the one thing the parish council and moaning minnies want less than a racetrack these days other than an Amazon warehouse.

20220828_214810.gif.efe2abeae8325971ae2ab2b6dc50fb84.gif

I'm off to odsal tomorrow to watch it up here but its crap compared to Angmering. You're too far away and can't smell the oil and rubber and don't feel the thud through the ground as the cars crash into the barrier next to you. 

Great memories of the place. I got lots of photos of some chod in the races and in the pits that I'll put in the Lazy Spotters thread. 

They close in October, if anyone down there hasn't been I'd recommended it whilst you have the chance. 

Angmering raceway have been guilty of some quite serious health and safety breaches recently. Whilst on sentimental grounds it's a shame they're closing down, it's probably for the best before someone gets seriously injured or killed as the owners/organizers don't seem to give a flying shite about safety. 

On 27/08/2022 at 18:53, mitsisigma01 said:

What's the dryer doing or not doing .... I regularly get them just in need of a clean through and a reset of the thermo cutout ... easy money earner

The condensate pump.  Will have a look once the washer is fixed.  Then on to the dishwasher.  Could be next year, who knows.

Don't need either and they are very rarely used.

2 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Angmering raceway have been guilty of some quite serious health and safety breaches recently. Whilst on sentimental grounds it's a shame they're closing down, it's probably for the best before someone gets seriously injured or killed as the owners/organizers don't seem to give a flying shite about safety. 

Ah that means no more videos from “Oval Banger Videos” on YouTube, that’s a shame. They were good quality viewing. Still, if it’s to protect public safety then I’m of course in favour of the decision.

Currently grumpy about the whole situation going on in the world right now. I’m not here to drone on as I’m sure you’re all sick to the back teeth of it. We have two cars in the greengartside household. SWMBO’s car is all well and good but I’m thinking of downsizing mine to get something cheap as chips to buy and run. I’ve been looking at the C1/107/Aygo bracket as they seem to be what is required. I drove an Aygo the other week and it was alright to be fair.
Anyone want a Mk2.5 Focus estate in petrol flavour?

Just found a bit of decapitated antenna coax cable poking out of the wall here. Which has 230V mains on it.

Now my eyes have stopped spinning and I've stopped smouldering and I've ascertained it appears to be connected to one of the lighting circuits, now I'm going to see if I can find the other end of it.

Which will of course be in the loft. Which is floored. And full of stuff. A lot of stuff.

14 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

I'm off to odsal tomorrow to watch it up here but its crap compared to Angmering. 

It's great at Odsal. They have not been getting the anticipated crowds, but the racing and Stadium is first class.

12 hours ago, High Jetter said:

You're advocating banger racing?

Recycling innit.

We race cars on grass. They last a little longer than bangers, but the end is the same.

If you saved them all where you going to keep them?

Why, over the last few years, have several people who have been solid contributors to this site been banned or forced out yet one or two (I’m sure you all can think who I’m talking about!) seem to be immune and can carry on posting vile shit and generally being a provocative arrogant arse wipe?? I don’t get it!?

Also...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-62713425

"He had just received fabulous GCSE results, got into college, and had hoped to study computer science at a top university.
" - so why was he fucking stupid enough to take drugs then?  If that had been me, my parents would probably have told the press I was a moron and that I deserved it.

Eventually found it.  Yep...into a normal round junction box - live on the centre pin and neutral on the outer sheath.

Sorry no photos, it's at full arm's length away under a floorboard (or rather, was, it's now in the e-waste box).  So the previous owners here must have had it actually feeding something, it's not just a wire that's contacting something because of a fault.

Really sick of finding crap like this.  How the hell this place hasn't burned to the ground I've no idea.

Bearing in mind I discovered that when they had the bathrooms renovated they just buried previously used live wires (not even taped over) under the insulation.  That I discovered about a week after we moved in.

3 hours ago, Mally said:

It's great at Odsal. They have not been getting the anticipated crowds, but the racing and Stadium is first class.

Recycling innit.

We race cars on grass. They last a little longer than bangers, but the end is the same.

If you saved them all where you going to keep them?

2 million cars get scrapped on a yearly basis.  Banger racing just delays the inevitable. 

37 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Eventually found it.  Yep...into a normal round junction box - live on the centre pin and neutral on the outer sheath.

Sorry no photos, it's at full arm's length away under a floorboard (or rather, was, it's now in the e-waste box).  So the previous owners here must have had it actually feeding something, it's not just a wire that's contacting something because of a fault.

Really sick of finding crap like this.  How the hell this place hasn't burned to the ground I've no idea.

Bearing in mind I discovered that when they had the bathrooms renovated they just buried previously used live wires (not even taped over) under the insulation.  That I discovered about a week after we moved in.

As bodges go, using coax instead of T&E is at the worse end of the scale!

6 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

As bodges go, using coax instead of T&E is at the worse end of the scale!

No, I thought the one involving what seemed to be electrical tape in the union between the gas line and the one fireplace was probably worse.

Never ever, ever, ever, ever buy a house that's been owned by someone claiming to be an interior designer.

4 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Just found a bit of decapitated antenna coax cable poking out of the wall here. Which has 230V mains on it.

I'm glad you found the JB in the loft, but how absolute fuck did that manage to happen? I can't quite wrap my head around the fact someone had the gumption to even attempt, and succeed, in wiring that stuff up to the mains.

Had a country wander and then picked up a few things on the way back. Passed a quartet of youngsters about my boys age (12) who were laughing and wanting to high five everyone going past - I declined. You know when you just get that feeling something is off......

EDIT 2 boys 2 girls.... Just to be clear. 

Take the next left 400m later onto the lane home. Another 400m down there are a group of cyclists and a fairly elderly guy is down.... 

Turns out the little bastards had spread out on the lane..... Jumped at the cyclists and managed to push this guy into the nearby metal fence on the sports field. 

Ambulance was pretty quick tbh and he was taken off with a suspected broken hip ffs!

The little shits deserve a high five alright.... Backhand style. 

No lectures on no hitting bullshit OK as I 99% agree. I've never laid a finger on my child - but if he thought the above was acceptable he'd be in for a short sharp shock. 

If I'd seen them do that I'd be in serious trouble...... Still seething - scumbags

31 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

I'm glad you found the JB in the loft, but how absolute fuck did that manage to happen? I can't quite wrap my head around the fact someone had the gumption to even attempt, and succeed, in wiring that stuff up to the mains.

Nothing surprises me here any more.   If we had the time and the money we would really look to get this place totally rewired and replumbed as we just trust nothing any more.

Which is a crying shame as the original wiring and plumbing in this place was done to a really high standard...you just never know which bits have been got at.