The grumpy thread

outlaw118

44 minutes ago, omegod said:

Wife is watching Grease, I've never seen such a pile of horse shit film in my life 

I must've been about 5 when I first saw it and the 'rebellious' element was intoxicating. I also well fancied the bad Olivia Newton-John,  not the 'nice' one.  I blame that,  along with Tallulah from Bugsy Malone for my bad choice in women throughout my life. 

I'd probably have been better with a Blousey Brown,  although you can find Flo Dugger Garland who played Blousey on Facebook and shes a Trump lovin,  gun toting conspiracy loon so maybe Tallulah might've been the better option,  even if she did prefer birds. 

Not sure if this is a grump or a grin.

The wife took the old Granvia in for a mot and it failed on "brake pedal anti slip provision worn".

IMG20220812195807.thumb.jpg.d06bdfb1983982121cfdfc43fbd2d5a5.jpg

So I cut a bit of ribbed drawer liner to shape and "Tiger Sealed" it to the pedal.

IMG20220813204705.thumb.jpg.59bea593f94e60ba5782501d9692fd07.jpg

IMG20220813182726.thumb.jpg.0a4c01c2614f49ca8d94fb78e9aafd01.jpg

OEM fix right there.

I had the hump with this tbh it was rubber coated and still securely fixed to the pedal I was tempted to run a few lines of weld across the face of the pedal but couldn't be asked to drag the mig down from the shed.

Went shopping, forgot the shopping list.  Wanted a yard broom for my son.  None in but spent sixty quid on odds and ends anyway, then Aldi, just a few bits including milk and orange juice.

Then petrol. £77.

Got home and the milk has leaked out all over the back seat.  Pressure spray and wet vac fixed that but half an hour I could have done without, then all the cardboard packaging soaked in milk.

Put everything away and watered the gardens then wondered where I had put the car key, not unusual.

Left in the car on the street :(

34 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

I must've been about 5 when I first saw it and the 'rebellious' element was intoxicating. I also well fancied the bad Olivia Newton-John,  not the 'nice' one.  I blame that,  along with Tallulah from Bugsy Malone for my bad choice in women throughout my life. 

I'd probably have been better with a Blousey Brown,  although you can find Flo Dugger Garland who played Blousey on Facebook and shes a Trump lovin,  gun toting conspiracy loon so maybe Tallulah might've been the better option,  even if she did prefer birds. 

I always thought it was weird in that John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John were supposed to be teenaged but looked about 32.

Not entirely sure of this has been covered elsewhere, I used the search thing, and then got bored....

BUT

WOT DA FUK has happened to the £5995 Dacia Sandero? 

Curently looking at a new job with car allowance, essential user payments and all that shizzle. So, I thought I'd have a white, black bumpered. no hub capped Sandero.

Went online, found this: https://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/sandero/configurator/summary.html?conf=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.co.rplug.renault.com%2Fc%2FBABVm0AhhAiIGIH%2FAlcQmiuI

£12595 boggo spec, ie no options, no metallic paint or even a fucking spare wheel. 

Yeah, it's better spec, and "upgraded" or "facelifted" or some horseshit, but I don't want that. 

I want cheap, misery spec, I have no problem with keep fit windows, or lack of alloys or central locking FFS.

So they've doubled in price.

Greed or taking the piss out of the supply and demand theory I learnt about in O level Economics?

1 hour ago, artdjones said:

I always thought it was weird in that John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John were supposed to be teenaged but looked about 32.

I never looked past the selection of 1940s and early 50s Yank tanks.  Especially the pink Studebaker which appeared at one point - which character owned that?

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

I never looked past the selection of 1940s and early 50s Yank tanks.  Especially the pink Studebaker which appeared at one point - which character owned that?

Betty Rizzo, played by Stockard Channing.  She has what I think is probably the most moving solo on the soundtrack: "There are worse things I could do."

8 hours ago, SH1TE said:

Done £100 @ Michelin restaurant bloody lovely.

Driven 30 miles in ghetto spec vw home as over limit. 

23.5c  here and daughter's friend who is a girl that wants to be a boy staying over so py's unless can convince them to go home ffs

Nope .

Anyone run that through a translator for me ? 

22 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Nope .

Anyone run that through a translator for me ? 

8 minutes ago, SH1TE said:

You need a new wind up or change the record. 

image.thumb.png.354c3b97d05f59be148eff423b96fa2c.png

You two need to get a room. 

Translation

Done £100 @ Michelin restaurant bloody lovely. 

I went to gastro pub and spent £100. 

I was driven home in a blacked out VW as I couldn't drive myself on account of having had one drink (Scotland???) 

Alternatively that could be : I was over the limit and I drove a dark VW home 30 mile.  This is why you need to put more thought into your posts.

23.5c  here and daughter's friend who is a girl that wants to be a boy staying over so py's unless can convince them to go home ffs

It's hot at night and usually I don't wear pyjamas, when it's this hot, but I dare not risk it, as we have visitors. 

One of the visitors is my daughter and the other is her friend, who is thinking about gender reassignment. 

32 minutes ago, New POD said:

You two need to get a room. 

Translation

Done £100 @ Michelin restaurant bloody lovely. 

I went to gastro pub and spent £100. 

I was driven home in a blacked out VW as I couldn't drive myself on account of having had one drink (Scotland???) 

Alternatively that could be : I was over the limit and I drove a dark VW home 30 mile.  This is why you need to put more thought into your posts.

23.5c  here and daughter's friend who is a girl that wants to be a boy staying over so py's unless can convince them to go home ffs

It's hot at night and usually I don't wear pyjamas, when it's this hot, but I dare not risk it, as we have visitors. 

One of the visitors is my daughter and the other is her friend, who is thinking about gender reassignment. 

Thanks - pretty sure it’s the first time I’ve commented on one of his posts tho . Wonder if he has two accounts and is mixing them up in his lil brain 

Briefcase wankers, every secondary school had them and they have flourished on AS as a small but- Identifiable group

Rigid routines and not using the ignore feature as the process too difficult. 

Most likely have a library on a txt file of same old shite to post. 

Maybe they can "release" the tension with a decidedly average singer

Pissed up young lass crashed outside our house last night. Wor lass said she was wheelspinning trying to drive away but had the steering wheel pointed the wrong way. Barefooted and almost fell over trying to get out the car.

Partner thinks she went into the flat opposite ours and when the police came they couldn't find her.

They pushed the car next to the gable end of our house which was nice of them if it burst into flames. I had been out so was asleep/unconcious and missed the whole debacle.

I would've been out to snatch the keys and make sure she was arrested if I'd witnessed it. Partner was worried about repercussions with the neighbour opposite as his daughter and mine play together. Fuck that I would've had him shopped too.

Screenshot_20220814-100557_WhatsApp.jpg

20220814_062108.jpg

20220814_062100.jpg

FFS. Had a great time in Brussels with my family. Come back to the UK and home to find my electricity had gone off since a few days, most of the food was off, water bottle warm, freezer stuff although still fairly cool, a lot of it wet thanks to melting ice, plus bill demands etc etc... My flat was unoccupied for only a couple of weeks, £30 is not enough to run a fridge? Wow.

What a welcome home eh 😡

Time for me to start making plans to move back to Euroland I think...

6 hours ago, paulplom said:

Pissed up young lass crashed outside our house last night. Wor lass said she was wheelspinning trying to drive away but had the steering wheel pointed the wrong way. Barefooted and almost fell over trying to get out the car.

Partner thinks she went into the flat opposite ours and when the police came they couldn't find her.

They pushed the car next to the gable end of our house which was nice of them if it burst into flames. I had been out so was asleep/unconcious and missed the whole debacle.

I would've been out to snatch the keys and make sure she was arrested if I'd witnessed it. Partner was worried about repercussions with the neighbour opposite as his daughter and mine play together. Fuck that I would've had him shopped too.

Screenshot_20220814-100557_WhatsApp.jpg

20220814_062108.jpg

20220814_062100.jpg

I'd be having a word with your daughter' pal's dad if it turns out to be his other half that was drunk driving. Next time it might be a child or pedestrian she hits. I won't say what I really think of people who are selfish enough to drink and drive but will say I don't wish her well. 

Came back from weekend at the Mrs's to thud thud thud music* coming from next door and this parked blocking the pavement. Oh joy they've got Mr. too important to walk round.

613681367_20220814_175635(1).thumb.jpg.7a5194e199e8a2c86741837467870166.jpg

For giggles ran it thru askmid, and surprise it isn't insured. Thought there's nowt to lose by trying cops live chat, and they thought he's a naughty boy and next car in the area will take a look. Let us know if it moves plz. Mr. pissed got in it and drove off, not 5 mins later got a cop ring up asking if it's still there. So close to a nobbling!