The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just over two weeks ago I MoT'd a Land Rover Defender 110. After a lot of faffing about booking in cancelling and rebooking, must have rebooked three times, it finally arrives and the customer leaves it with us. First thing I notice there is a ladder to the roof-rack blocking part of the numberplate. One headlight was too high and wouldn't adjust so I fail the car. Phoned the customer and the snotty cow goes "my husband fitted that and  can see the numberplate " whatever mrs just relocated the numberplate a few centimetres to the left. The headlamp surround and indicator and sidelight units need to be removed to see what is wrong with the adjuster. I could have looked at this if I'd known she wasn't going to collect for atleast 24 hours. I told her this when the snotty cow cameto collect the car. I also told her 10 working days and it's a free retest. Just scowled at me, paid, grabbed the keys and fucked off.

Fast forward to today and one of my trade customers turns up in a Land Rover Defender110. The same car with the same faults. It's out of time for a retest by two days and gets the same fucking failure. 

27 minutes ago, Lankytim said:

That’s ridiculous. Shame about the cars but surely they were insured? If not, the owners can’t have thought that much about them.

Just seen a right cunt in a tesla , I'm following a car in the RH lane on a short length of 40mph dual carriageway because there's a right turn lane at the lights 

Knobhead in a tesla undertakes us at  least 70mph , probably more then cuts across the car in front to the R turn lane we were heading for 

Goes nowhere because the lights are on red , keeps leaving gaps so he can boot it after the lights change , turns right into what is a 20mph road and fucking boots it , what a cunt 

If he does it in front of a copper I hope they can use all those cameras all over the car as evidence to fuck him over 

37 minutes ago, puddlethumper said:

As I was new I got picked on mercilessly. Some of the regulars got away with reinforcing the front end which gave them a very unfair advantage. Scrutineers turning a blind eye.

Nothing's changed at most places.

16 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

That’s ridiculous. Shame about the cars but surely they were insured? If not, the owners can’t have thought that much about them.

I think it's more a token to compensate for the hassle and upset that the thieves have caused. And insurance companies will try and keep their liability to a bare minimum. The owners may have to fight tooth and nail to get their due. 

2 hours ago, artdjones said:

I think it's more a token to compensate for the hassle and upset that the thieves have caused. And insurance companies will try and keep their liability to a bare minimum. The owners may have to fight tooth and nail to get their due. 

I’ve read that both cars have been paid out on, wether or not the owners are still out of pocket is another matter. 

Ever since the temperature hit 40+ down south recently, I have become extremely itchy when exposed to heat/sun. I’m in Scotland at the moment and it’s been 27 max but itching worse than ever! Never a problem before, even when in the 30s but driving me mad now and just want to tear my skin off🥵 Is UV worse in Scotland because it’s so much less polluted?

18 hours ago, Lankytim said:

17 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

17 hours ago, artdjones said:

Yeah, the fundraiser seems to be trying to make the case of #notallbangerracers by allowing people to chip in a few quid, in solidarity with the hapless owners.

Here at Flat-out Banger Photos, we would like to show that the banger racing community is much greater than the events that have recently occurred. We would like to show this through donating some money back to the owners who sadly had their cars stolen and then raced. We aim to raise £1000 and although this won't be able to get the cars back to the rightful owners hopefully it does bring abit of faith back that not everyone would do something so low. And as a community we are 100% with them.

As has been mentioned before, quite a few banger racers own classics as well - and are rightly disgusted at what happened at Ringwood.

14 hours ago, Lankytim said:

I’ve read that both cars have been paid out on, wether or not the owners are still out of pocket is another matter. 

If the Ford wagon had only recently been brought over from the States, then the insurance policy might cover the value of the car itself, but it wouldn't even look at the not-inconsiderable shipping and import costs incurred in bringing it here in the first place...

Grumpy. Traffic in the South East of England. 

I had to go from north of Leicester, to north of Portsmouth this week. I nearly always follow the recommended route on Sat Nav that takes the least amount of time, knowing that it probably means a few miles more on the journey. Anyway, you might think that the above route the nav would suggest something like - M1, M25, M3, right? No. Due to insane traffic (midweek, midday, no rush hour) I went via the M5. That's the motorway from the West Midlands to the south west. I drove past Worcester to get from Leicester to Portsmouth. Fucking Worcester. Still a bit of traffic and some nice roads, but what a convoluted journey due to traffic. 

Nationalise the railways and buses, please. 

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

Yeah, the fundraiser seems to be trying to make the case of #notallbangerracers by allowing people to chip in a few quid, in solidarity with the hapless owners.

Here at Flat-out Banger Photos, we would like to show that the banger racing community is much greater than the events that have recently occurred. We would like to show this through donating some money back to the owners who sadly had their cars stolen and then raced. We aim to raise £1000 and although this won't be able to get the cars back to the rightful owners hopefully it does bring abit of faith back that not everyone would do something so low. And as a community we are 100% with them.

As has been mentioned before, quite a few banger racers own classics as well - and are rightly disgusted at what happened at Ringwood.

If the Ford wagon had only recently been brought over from the States, then the insurance policy might cover the value of the car itself, but it wouldn't even look at the not-inconsiderable shipping and import costs incurred in bringing it here in the first place...

It's the usual case of a few idiots spoiling it for the many. 

I've had a few useful parts from racers, including an engine. They do seem to try and help other owners by selling the bits they dont need.

15 hours ago, Wibble said:

Ever since the temperature hit 40+ down south recently, I have become extremely itchy when exposed to heat/sun. I’m in Scotland at the moment and it’s been 27 max but itching worse than ever! Never a problem before, even when in the 30s but driving me mad now and just want to tear my skin off🥵 Is UV worse in Scotland because it’s so much less polluted?

Nah, that's cos of the midges m9.

Crossed the A548 bridge ( to nowhere ) - backed up with traffic on the flint side. A couple of elderly part time corpses joined from the slip at Connah's Quay in a toyota. Decided that the traffic was too heavy and turned around - so badly infact I thought the driver may not have had a licence.

Then proceeded to go back down the slip towards oncoming traffic.

I really hope it was an emergency because there was a lot of traffic - 1 hr 50 to cover 44 miles.

just wondering if the first storms of the autumn will blow in the right direction for me .....  despite comments about the state of the tree nothing has been done ..

suppose a new green house and shed would not go amiss ...

DSCF0622.thumb.JPG.7294132371b0d3d4b48e37f7f5c792a7.JPGDSCF0625.thumb.JPG.eac466f779d5abc3273cd8d311e8b5c6.JPG

2 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

So really we all need to use the hosepipe more so it all evaporates and makes rain ?

or stop being so fucking  condescending? 

If you are replying please use the quote button. It makes the thread easier to follow.

Have you looked up what the water cycle is?

Neighbours rat sized dogs barking all evening 3 hours of it and it appears they have fooked off out and dogs living in garden recently- no point in doing anything about it - as neighbours other side no doubt will call dog warden soon enough. 

😏