The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Since we have been into farming here, I will share this below. This is some of what is happening in the western world now and is unsure whether to laugh or get angry at how stupid politicians are. Politicians and the green movement could possibly end up starving us all to death. And this is just some of everything that is going on.

12 minutes ago, Spurious said:

He's done a lot more to raise the profile of farmers than years of countryfile has ever done. 

Agreed. I went right off him after the whole #smacktheproducerinthechopsbecauseimanarroganttwat thing. However, Clarkson's farm is extremely watchable and Clarkson doesn't come across as such a bell end for a change. It's definitely an eye-opener. 

It's funny, there's a few TV personalities who come across as abject wangdoodles while on air, but are apparently quite pleasant people in real life (according to a friend who spent quite a few years working in TV in That London).

The reverse is also sadly true, I'm told - cuddly avuncular on-air personas, but shrieking foulmouthed divas once the cameras stop rolling.

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

cuddly avuncular on-air personas, but shrieking foulmouthed divas once the cameras stop rolling.

Yup. I found it was safest to assume they were all divas, and then be pleasantly surprised when the odd one turned out not to be 😉

17 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Wrap the roof white, bonus points for having a car that's easily spotted in the supermarket car park. One of those nerdy sunshades for the windscreen are a good idea too.

Or wrap the bonnet white and travel to Cardiff to operate as a taxi.

6 hours ago, andyberg said:

Whilst waiting for my train I decided to use the gentleman's facilities at the station. Isn't it amazing how quickly most of us slip back into the old ways?? During covid just about everyone washed their hands after leaving their waste behind, whether water or solid. Now it seems there is no point🤢 aren't we a disgusting species generally.

I was in cost co a year or two back drying my hands in the bog when a member of staff flushed in a cubicle and walked straight out. Dirty bastard I thought and followed him where he turned right into the kitchen area and started serving pizza.

I told my partner who went ape shit and called for the manager. I felt a bit guilty as he'd know it was me that grassed him.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

I was in cost co a year or two back drying my hands in the bog when a member of staff flushed in a cubicle and walked straight out. Dirty bastard I thought and followed him where he turned right into the kitchen area and started serving pizza.

I told my partner who went ape shit and called for the manager. I felt a bit guilty as he'd know it was me that grassed him.

Given faecal coliform is a leading source of food poisoning you shouldn't feel remotely guilty, people die from it and scutters not washing their hands is one source.

Aeroplanes.......... Holy smoke.

Noticed the fire some fire hours ago and it was burning before we noticed it. Still have planes and helicopters buzzing around. Thankfully the wind is not coming this way and there is still around 2 km distance.

Most younger people today are not interested in history and want to erase it, I have heard this before. And that may be true. This happened in Norway now a transport company scrapped its first truck and brags about it on Facebook. If I have to guess, their grandfather bought this new in the 60s, if it couldn't be saved, then it could just be put on display and show respect to him?

Kan være et bilde av utendørs

Grumpfest - drove into Loughborough, I seldom buy a MacDonalds, but today I ordered two cheeseburgers & went to pay, '£2.38'. 'Well you've had that', I retorted, 'I've only got two quid'. - 20% fucking inflation. Then over to Pets at Home where a bag of kitty litter, that's like a bag of gravel for my kitten to shit in, cost me £15. And when I got home, the replacement knob for my Cobb barbie finally arrived. £8.40 for a plastic knob & £4 postage which took 9 days!

On 7/21/2022 at 12:16 PM, barefoot said:

I was filling up a mini-bus at the petrol station the other morning & watched a bloke in a Mercedes pumping up all of his tyres. It was a two door coupey thing & the tyres were the rubber bands you'd expect. "Blimey" I cheerfully exclaimed, "What profile are your tyres?" (They don't call me Billy Banter for nothing). "They're low profile" he grunted,  "Why do you ask?"

Hmmmm, not quite the petrol head I was expecting then.

Filling up a different bus this morning, same cock, same Mercedes, same tyre check. We didn't speak!

4 hours ago, barefoot said:

Grumpfest - drove into Loughborough, I seldom buy a MacDonalds, but today I ordered two cheeseburgers & went to pay, '£2.38'. 'Well you've had that', I retorted, 'I've only got two quid'. - 20% fucking inflation. Then over to Pets at Home where a bag of kitty litter, that's like a bag of gravel for my kitten to shit in, cost me £15. And when I got home, the replacement knob for my Cobb barbie finally arrived. £8.40 for a plastic knob & £4 postage which took 9 days!

2 cheeseburgers for £2.38? Sounds like top* quality to me. I'd far rather have a Burger King one.

14 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

I can't find heinz tomato sauce in glass bottles anywhere.  Have they killed it like they did with daddies?

No way I'm buying that crap in plastic bottles. Anyone recommend an alternative? 

Pop round and ask your neighbour if he has some ? 
Like in the good old days

24 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

I can't find heinz tomato sauce in glass bottles anywhere.  Have they killed it like they did with daddies?

No way I'm buying that crap in plastic bottles. Anyone recommend an alternative? 

Probably, there's an awful lot of changes out there in retail world. A Branston relish we like is now NLA, confirmed by Mondalez (though got a £5 voucher off them). We don't use tomato sauce unless we have fish'n'chips, and the squeezy seems fine to us.

5 hours ago, barefoot said:

Grumpfest - drove into Loughborough, I seldom buy a MacDonalds, but today I ordered two cheeseburgers & went to pay, '£2.38'. 'Well you've had that', I retorted, 'I've only got two quid'. - 20% fucking inflation.

It made the national news.

McDonald's puts up price of cheeseburger for first time in 14 years - BBC News

3 hours ago, Wibble said:

Going to visit parents next month and I’ve just booked two rooms in the Premier Inn Linwood for four nights. Last year, although only three nights, was £135 per room for the duration. This year, £301.50 per room!!!

That's mental for a Premier Inn 😢 Is there an event going on locally over the period that you're staying there? I travel frequently for work, and whilst you know what you're getting with a Premier Inn, what you're getting is pretty middle of the road... I normally have a nose through photos and reviews and book in at cheaper small hotels. I can't think that I've paid more than £100 a night over the last year, and I've stayed in some really nice places. The only really shit one of late was when I couldn't avoid staying at the Hilton Leicester for a conference - the room was like it was from a fucking care home.

1 hour ago, Rust Collector said:

That's mental for a Premier Inn 😢 Is there an event going on locally over the period that you're staying there? I travel frequently for work, and whilst you know what you're getting with a Premier Inn, what you're getting is pretty middle of the road... I normally have a nose through photos and reviews and book in at cheaper small hotels. I can't think that I've paid more than £100 a night over the last year, and I've stayed in some really nice places. The only really shit one of late was when I couldn't avoid staying at the Hilton Leicester for a conference - the room was like it was from a fucking care home.

I did look at other local places but they were more expensive unfortunately. Could have lied about Wiblet senior’s age to bag a family room I suppose but I’m not good at being dishonest.