The grumpy thread

outlaw118

7 hours ago, JMotor said:

My Nexia has not only ABS, but AIR BAG on it's rear window!

With a TWIN CAM 16v!!!111!! badge in all.

The bastid is badged tae fuck eh! 😆

Posh, innit. emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Does it hae air con, or wid that hae goat it's ain badge tae? 🤣

On 5/4/2022 at 7:09 PM, Zelandeth said:

I guess part of it is that I have an absolute seething hatred of "stuff" strewn about the interior of my car.  Having cables running off from the 12V outlet is an absolute non starter.

Hence why basically half the interior would need to come apart for the install.

There are cables available to plug it into the OBD port. I have it plugged in then up the windscreen pillar and tucked in the front of the headlining.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:40 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

When ABS used to be such a selling point and something to brag about it got its own badge on the back 😂

I'm looking at you GM!! My Daewoo Tacuma was blessed with a sticker with ABS written on it on the rear window from factory. 

I remember a 'birthday cake neck' dealer valuing it once (£50!?) and he said "Ooh its got ABS" as he waddled around the car puffing a cigar. 

What went through my mind, but I sadly kept quiet - "Yes it does have ABS, and no I'm not accepting £50 for it, now get away from me with your mouth full of sausages you prick!" (thanks to Sierraman for that phrase :) )

6B81C7A1-92BA-4EA1-A38F-E32D644BF2F2.thumb.jpeg.f7057febfe5336a6eef1072dface8ed5.jpeg

💪

Card fraud.  My suspicion is the payment thingy in the multistorey, the device for paying seemed a bit off but since I was unfamiliar with it (I've used the multistorey twice in about three years) I just thought it was my unfamiliarity with it.  Anyway, someone tried to spend a grand of my money as a result, first I knew about it was the bank stopping my card and sending a warning text.  Happily, the bank stopped any money leaving my account that shouldn't, unhappily it's 3-8 days for a new card because reasons.

I hope whoever it was trying to spend my money had a really disappointing time.

6 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Card fraud.  My suspicion is the payment thingy in the multistorey, the device for paying seemed a bit off but since I was unfamiliar with it (I've used the multistorey twice in about three years) I just thought it was my unfamiliarity with it.  Anyway, someone tried to spend a grand of my money as a result, first I knew about it was the bank stopping my card and sending a warning text.  Happily, the bank stopped any money leaving my account that shouldn't, unhappily it's 3-8 days for a new card because reasons.

I hope whoever it was trying to spend my money had a really disappointing time.

That bank should be named and praised.

20 hours ago, Parky said:

They were really good.  I remember getting a call to ask if I was in Lagos because it appeared a clone of my card was doing the rounds.

Yeah, I once got a phone call from my credit card company asking if I was in Israel trying to book tennis lessons. I said no, that couldn't be further from the truth, I'm on a train in Leeds heading to Bradford, not Israel. 

Well that's Google Maps three for three today providing me with directions to businesses which either no longer or have never existed.

One just dumped me in the middle of a ~1 year old posh housing estate, latter two were both addresses in industrial parks with vastly different business in the units.  

Cheers for that, I really wanted to go waste the best part of two hours driving round in circles.

9 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Yeah, I once got a phone call from my credit card company asking if I was in Israel trying to book tennis lessons. I said no, that couldn't be further from the truth, I'm on a train in Leeds heading to Bradford, not Israel. 

"No, I'm in Palestine, trying to book squash lessons, duh!"

I am now on a weird shift pattern, running 5 days on a 12 hr shift, then 5 days off.  Planning on a big push welding up the Rover on my time off I decided that after running out of welding gas again..... I would ditch disposable bottles and go big. Over the last few days, a welding cart, an adapter hose thing,  a bottle of Argon mix gas (with funky built in regulator)and an optimizer have arrived. I spent a good few hours setting everything up only to discover the optimiser  wont hold pressure, it pings off the connection every time you open the tap.... Obviously the welding company  aren't open again until Monday and then they  will have to post the new part out...

I might have to do DIY instead....

20 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

When you say big logs, is the pup's poo getting that large?

Some of them yes, though those are yet to tax me.

The Mrs on the other hand is only 4' tall, so it's probably akin to cleaning up after a woolly mammoth.

4 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Well that's Google Maps three for three today providing me with directions to businesses which either no longer or have never existed.

One just dumped me in the middle of a ~1 year old posh housing estate, latter two were both addresses in industrial parks with vastly different business in the units.  

Cheers for that, I really wanted to go waste the best part of two hours driving round in circles.

Give Waze a go.

5 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

GM is a pile of poo. Never rely on it. I have modified some locations locally to me only to find a short while later that there was some issue with that location Something which I never changed, had changed .  Use the businesses website for directions.

Shall we talk about benefits?  (Again!!!)

The story so far... I applied for Universal Credit in a somewhat last-ditch attempt to get some benefit, any benefit!, coming in.  I was approved, but told they can't send me any money because Lynne's state pension raises our household income too high.

So... couple of weeks ago they asked me to attend a Work Capability Assessment.  I did that, and the doctor who examined me agreed almost instantly that I'm not fit to work, at all.  Last week I got a message telling me they accepted that and would be sending me £432 on the 14th.  And implicitly, every month thereafter.

Thursday this week, a message arrives telling me they failed to assess Lynne's pension correctly, and therefore will not be sending me £432; not only that, it's too late for the first instalment, that's already gone out, so they are going to have to reclaim it.  How fucking cruel is that???

And then a text arrives from my bank telling me £432 has been paid in.

I think I'm allowed to be grumpy over this mess.

Meanwhile I have an appeal in for PIP.

FFS.