The grumpy thread

outlaw118

46 minutes ago, Angrydicky said:

Fuck.

20,000 faultless miles covered in the Ronda 600 and I went to start it to drive home, and the engine spun over really fast like it had no compression, and refused to start.

Possibly a snapped timing belt. It was running perfectly Saturday when I parked it, lucky it didn't let go at 60 mph I suppose. If it is the belt, it's only 5 years and 30k old so I am a bit surprised.

I've heard of some Honda engines of that vintage getting away with just a new belt and no valve damage. The fact it didn't happen while driving is on your side.

Very unlikely a belt would snap on its own accord (Honda pun not intended!) while sitting - maybe more like the tensioner gave way or water pump jammed up and stripped teeth on the belt? 

Autopsy time! I hope it can be salvaged and the damage isn't too horrific :(

44 minutes ago, Back_For_More said:

This is just bizarre,,,,,,, can't legally sue the muppets who employed the kid who couldn't use a manual gearbox. Their insurance will be paying it though - so why not just name them in the suit? Pointless legislation ......

Michigan car owner sued after Jeep kills mechanic during oil change (yahoo.com)

That's absurd... Surely by taking your car to a dealer it's their responsibility against its misuse, and you'd hope they're competent! (wishful thinking I know...)

I cannot fathom how it makes sense to put the blame on the car owner 🤔

Went to my first post-Covid family do. 

Turns out my mums adoptive cousin (a right laugh: him and his son, who was my age, were who I'd usually talk to) went on holiday to Australia not long before Covid and decided to stay there (he is natively Australian). Bugger.

Further to that another of my mum's cousins had a mental breakdown and fucked everyone off quite aggressively, then moved quite some distance away. She cut her daughter off from us too on questionable terms.

So the family is a fair bit smaller now. Well that's bloody nice. There's now nobody close to my age in the family, and everyone is doing better than me. There are reasons for that, but even so it makes me feel like shit. 

9 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

They were original on my Granda's Punto at 84k when it went to the pearly gates.

It's tempting, wonder if @JMotor will sell up when he's done the welding on his... :D

Oooft! 

You're in for a wait like. 

Keep finding more rot, that I've stopped looking now. 

Anyway, I've promised the previous owner first shout. 

Little does he realise, there's gonna be a huge box of the crap I've cut off it going with it 😀

2 minutes ago, JMotor said:

Oooft! 

You're in for a wait like. 

Keep finding more rot, that I've stopped looking now. 

Anyway, I've promised the previous owner first shout. 

Little does he realise, there's gonna be a huge box of the crap I've cut off it going with it 😀

Nae worries. Looking on the Autotrader for one and I'd need £3.5k to get someone else's modded CDX. 😬

6 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Nae worries. Looking on the Autotrader for one and I'd need £3.5k to get someone else's modded CDX. 😬

Och tae f*ck wie that!

Is that how much some are going for now?! 

Seen a Ph2 GeeSSSaye for less on bookface. About £2.7k iirc?

Then I'd still be checking to make sure it wasn't rotten too. 

Just now, JMotor said:

Och tae f*ck wie that!

Is that how much some are going for now?! 

Seen a Ph2 GeeSSSaye for less on bookface. About £2.7k iirc?

Then I'd still be checking to make sure it wasn't rotten too. 

I don't care whit the trim is, LS would do me nicely as long as it has air con really. There's an Envoy belonging to someone in Ayr, on an S-reg. Spotted it a couple of times. Still quite rust free, might leave a note on it next time I see it.

IMG-20210727-WA0000(1).thumb.jpg.23a87403243c20210022ee2cce700aa8.jpg

IMG-20210727-WA0001(1).thumb.jpg.a4102a59831d61ce4ffecda27a252976.jpg

6 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I don't care whit the trim is, LS would do me nicely as long as it has air con really. There's an Envoy belonging to someone in Ayr, on an S-reg. Spotted it a couple of times. Still quite rust free, might leave a note on it next time I see it.

IMG-20210727-WA0000(1).thumb.jpg.23a87403243c20210022ee2cce700aa8.jpg

IMG-20210727-WA0001(1).thumb.jpg.a4102a59831d61ce4ffecda27a252976.jpg

Jeez!

A 1.6 8v one! 

Proppa misery spec that!

Non car-related grump.  Trial in Canterbury today for a prominent event that happened just over a year ago.  The bastard is denying murder, despite brutally killing the victim.  Without giving away too much, the bastard lived quite close to me and I wish I could go back in time and throw him in the river...

6 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

At least it's got ABS, hiy! 😂

When ABS used to be such a selling point and something to brag about it got its own badge on the back 😂

I'm looking at you GM!! My Daewoo Tacuma was blessed with a sticker with ABS written on it on the rear window from factory. 

I remember a 'birthday cake neck' dealer valuing it once (£50!?) and he said "Ooh its got ABS" as he waddled around the car puffing a cigar. 

What went through my mind, but I sadly kept quiet - "Yes it does have ABS, and no I'm not accepting £50 for it, now get away from me with your mouth full of sausages you prick!" (thanks to Sierraman for that phrase :) )

1 minute ago, myglaren said:

If you have a P45 or P60 it will be on there IIRC

These are the first jobs I've ever applied for since I'm off of university until September, before now it's been voluntary work. So no such thing kicking about. Think I'll have to phone them tomorrow.

On a walking holiday with a mate on Mull. When I awaken after an unplanned snooze in our hotel I find she's had about 6 lagers in the bar and now very worse for wear. She proceeds to very loudly ask me and rest of the bar about the possibility of a shag later. Interrogates me as to why I don't fancy her. When the fish and chips arrive I'm alarmed to see she can't use a fork. She stabs at the mess with such violence that tartare lands on her nose and forehead.  When we getup to leave there's fish everywhere and her seat is effectively destroyed.  FFS

20 minutes ago, Skut said:

On a walking holiday with a mate on Mull. When I awaken after an unplanned snooze in our hotel I find she's had about 6 lagers in the bar and now very worse for wear. She proceeds to very loudly ask me and rest of the bar about the possibility of a shag later. Interrogates me as to why I don't fancy her. When the fish and chips arrive I'm alarmed to see she can't use a fork. She stabs at the mess with such violence that tartare lands on her nose and forehead.  When we getup to leave there's fish everywhere and her seat is effectively destroyed.  FFS

A trip to the Distillary planned ? 

9 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

These are the first jobs I've ever applied for since I'm off of university until September, before now it's been voluntary work. So no such thing kicking about. Think I'll have to phone them tomorrow.

Sometimes it's on NHS letters etc., at least it is in England along with your NHS number.

12 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

When ABS used to be such a selling point and something to brag about it got its own badge on the back 😂

I'm looking at you GM!! My Daewoo Tacuma was blessed with a sticker with ABS written on it on the rear window from factory. 

I remember a 'birthday cake neck' dealer valuing it once (£50!?) and he said "Ooh its got ABS" as he waddled around the car puffing a cigar. 

What went through my mind, but I sadly kept quiet - "Yes it does have ABS, and no I'm not accepting £50 for it, now get away from me with your mouth full of sausages you prick!" (thanks to Sierraman for that phrase :) )

My Nexia has not only ABS, but AIR BAG on it's rear window!

With a TWIN CAM 16v!!!111!! badge in all.

The bastid is badged tae fuck eh! 😆

7 hours ago, JMotor said:

My Nexia has not only ABS, but AIR BAG on it's rear window!

With a TWIN CAM 16v!!!111!! badge in all.

The bastid is badged tae fuck eh! 😆

Posh, innit. emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Does it hae air con, or wid that hae goat it's ain badge tae? 🤣

On 5/4/2022 at 7:09 PM, Zelandeth said:

I guess part of it is that I have an absolute seething hatred of "stuff" strewn about the interior of my car.  Having cables running off from the 12V outlet is an absolute non starter.

Hence why basically half the interior would need to come apart for the install.

There are cables available to plug it into the OBD port. I have it plugged in then up the windscreen pillar and tucked in the front of the headlining.