The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

I offered a 1 year old,  mint condition,  quality grey platform bed and aloe vera mattress on Marketplace for free, because, without wanting to shout too much about it, I'm charitable sort of cunt.

As you can see I burst my arse dismantling it for them and humfing the mattress down my awkwardly shaped staircase. The rest of it is leaning against the wall at the bottom.

20220429_192806.thumb.jpg.475cfec457786542bbc2b0c331148419.jpg

She was supposed to come at 7.

It's now 25 to 8, I think it's safe to say I've been patched.

Screenshot_20220429-192822_Messenger.thumb.jpg.99ea0946f60c98b2944fa680f4700532.jpg

Screenshot_20220429-192831_Messenger.thumb.jpg.3719d600ef007698f085d8c474f1375f.jpg

I have not replied again, but, fuck off and die,  Susanna.

Double edged sword, alternative is you get them to take it apart and bring it downstairs but that runs the risk of them bashing a hole through the wall if they're wreckless :(

I hate marketplace, full of pricks who punish people for their kindness. No good deed goes unpunished...! 

On 4/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, grogee said:

Minor gripes compared to the punctures, dieselled eyeballs and cunty neighbours....

I love watching the birds in the garden but this is the downside. I swear they've made it a sport to splatter a recently-cleaned car. 

IMG_20220424_090837761.jpg

IMG_20220424_090846232_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_090901538_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_090909877.jpg

I feel your pain. I have a tree outside the house where the local wood pigeon crew decide to congregate and shit on my car 😣

We are getting a skip week after next as we are having a thorough clear out. Unfortunately that's where it will be going.

There's folk out there that can't afford to furnish their home and it's chanty-wrastlers like Susanna that fuck up their chances of getting a hand with stuff like this.

I agree. U.K. is full of chancers who just don’t give a shit.
There's also the distinct intolerance of Das Polizei for any modding of cars by cretinous chavs, as evidenced by the convoy of British yoofs that fell foul of the German rules of the road a couple of years ago.

Meanwhile the UK traffic police are so underresourced, an untaxed, uninsured, barried Corsa with cut springs, bald tyres, illegal tints, inadvisable camber angles, unsilenced exhaust and decidedly non standard lighting can be driven around council estates at breakneck pace with impunity as long as they don't go near an ANPR camera. It's these end-of-life vehicles that represent a proportion of the problem, and the MOT is one of the checks and balances that get them sent over the bridge, when the cost of repair/rectification is too great for the potless owner. Giving the scrotes an extra year's grace period before they have to source another shitheap and start afresh is asking for trouble.

#middleclasssnobbery

7 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

We are getting a skip week after next as we are having a thorough clear out. Unfortunately that's where it will be going.

There's folk out there that can't afford to furnish their home and it's chanty-wrastlers like Susanna that fuck up their chances of getting a hand with stuff like this.

I worked with a guy that used to go to the food banks, he had enough money to buy it at the supermarket but he just wanted it for free. That’s the mentality you are dealing with.

10 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Could one of the local charities take it?

9 hours ago, chodweaver said:

There's also the distinct intolerance of Das Polizei for any modding of cars by cretinous chavs, as evidenced by the convoy of British yoofs that fell foul of the German rules of the road a couple of years ago.

That was funny as fuck. IIRC, they even tried crowdfunding their fines and the costs of getting the cars trailered back to the UK! 

https://www.thedrive.com/news/28082/several-modified-and-stance-cars-seized-by-german-police-en-route-to-worthersee-in-uk

Idiot neighbors again

Building has a no smoking policy, both indoors and on the general grounds. I don't know  who it is as there's about 3 main suspects to my mind and it's impossible to trace it, but late at night they are often smoking the most unpleasant substance known to man :(

I'm not convinced its "the green" but it smells like a very strong mix of cat piss and regular tobacco, maybe it is, not certain 🤷‍♂️

I don't really care what it is they're up to but I wish they'd just fuck off somewhere outside so that it doesn't interfere with anyone else. 

There's someone that kept playing extremely loud music indoors (could be heard indoors 3 doors down!) But that's stopped recently since everyone clubbed together and asked them to stop, maybe it's the same person smoking this stuff now in retaliation

I wish people would just fuck off with their pleasures and enjoy them somewhere it doesn't interfere with anyone else

Rant over :(

Fucking windows.

I've been using a powerline Ethernet adaptor for about 2 years and about 6 months in the current house.  Moved the desktop into another room, plugged the powerline in and nada. No connection. 

So there I am fannying around thinking it's a poor connection or a broken ethernet cable and stuff like that. Get a new one off amazon. Still nothing. Plug in the Rasberry Pi. And it works, probably working all along.  

Windows still not playing ball.  Re-install drivers.  Nada. Nothing. Disabling adaptors. Nothing.

Boot up a usb linux distro, and it works out of the box. Hmm. So not hardware. 

Reboot into Windows? And it's working.  Fucking windows.

(and before anyone asks, Win 10 was only re-installed only 6 months ago...)

1 hour ago, dozeydustman said:

Whoever decided that this thing

3DEF6284-D279-4982-BA12-D31E27660164.jpeg

has to live in here

C604AC2E-A8EE-4AEE-8C7C-17A4A25E7E7A.jpeg

was a massive cow’s fanny.

I think for most under bonnet jobs on a Mini, it's easier to remove the front end and sometimes the engine just to get access. On the plus side, that doesn't usually take as long as you might think!

6 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Idiot neighbors again

Building has a no smoking policy, both indoors and on the general grounds. I don't know  who it is as there's about 3 main suspects to my mind and it's impossible to trace it, but late at night they are often smoking the most unpleasant substance known to man :(

I'm not convinced its "the green" but it smells like a very strong mix of cat piss and regular tobacco, maybe it is, not certain 🤷‍♂️

I don't really care what it is they're up to but I wish they'd just fuck off somewhere outside so that it doesn't interfere with anyone else. 

There's someone that kept playing extremely loud music indoors (could be heard indoors 3 doors down!) But that's stopped recently since everyone clubbed together and asked them to stop, maybe it's the same person smoking this stuff now in retaliation

I wish people would just fuck off with their pleasures and enjoy them somewhere it doesn't interfere with anyone else

From watching hoovies garage on you tube his recent Maserati smells of cat piss. Apparently it’s crystal meth. Other than that it’s Sauvignon blanc, but you can’t smoke that.

22 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Idiot neighbors again

I don’t know why the housing association put up with tenants like this, should be three strikes and you are out. 

23 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I think for most under bonnet jobs on a Mini, it's easier to remove the front end and sometimes the engine just to get access. On the plus side, that doesn't usually take as long as you might think!

Sadly I have neither the room nor equipment to do that. Bigger garage or a dolly on which to drop/crane to hoik out the engine and yes I would.

Fucking wisdom tooth has been growing sideways out of my gum for about a year with no issues but in the last week it seems its got infected so now i can’t open my mouth properly. And its eid so everywhere is shut all week. 

AND it turns out my health insurance provider has just cut all the decent dentists from its network so it’s pay and reclaim FFS. This could be spendy. They’re cunts for repaying out of network expenses. 

What’s worse is i’m in the middle of some practical dive training sessions and i think i’ll have to postpone at my cost once i’ve had the tooth removed while it heals. 

Yesterday was the first time in 45 years I think ever seen my dad in tears. Apparently he'd been getting ready to go out fishing with my brother and his kids and had opened the gate to take his gear out to the car. His dog (a collie) suddenly started barking so he went out and saw a couple with a whippet walking in the lane. His dog does have a fairly poor track record with other dogs so he motioned at them to stop so he could get her in but they didn't and she went for their dog. No serious harm done, but a lot of fur flying.

Once the other dog owner had finishing kicking the shit out of my dad's dog (not unreasonably) he then went and started threatening my dad who, whilst not in any way frail is a smallish bloke in his mid-70s. According to my brother he was right up in his face, swearing at him, vowing that he was going to call the police and inform the council, that my dad's dog was going to be destroyed, and that this would cost thousands in compensation. I could put this down to him seeing red but my dad later received an phone call to that effect. My mum and dad's neighbour meanwhile was fanning the flames by inviting the dog owners wife in (who was hysterical) and telling her that my dad's dog is always doing this. 

My dad is well aware that he is in the wrong and is perfectly willing to meet any reasonable expenses arising from it, but it the dog owners manner that really shook him.

Alternator was supposed to be with me by midday. It’s just coming up to 2pm and I have other errands which need running.

According to UPS it is still at the Southampton depot, but I bet my bottom dollar as soon as I go outside the brown delivery van leaves an out card for me.

I which the Focus would decide if its dead or not ..  or I will .

last week it did 140 miles , on theM6 , up and down hill , did not miss a beat ..

went out today and as soon as I put my foot down , the clutch slipped ????

all I did was park it up and use another car over the weekend  ..

has it got a monk on or somat ??  , is it fooked or is some hydraulic gremlin at work   :confused ?

anyway the snazzy new Napa battery is now swapped out with some generic 063 clone  , ready to replace the Halfrauds special in the C1 , which going by the date codes appears to be the oldest battery we own despite being the newest purchase .    it also has the lowest CCA and capacity .