The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 4/12/2022 at 7:19 PM, High Jetter said:

Do we have a 'Trusted products you can't get anymore (shite or non-shite) thread? If so, I can't find it.

That's not the grump though. Mrs J sometimes makes burgers from fresh turkey mince. We like dollops of Branston Hot Dog Relish with them to make them edible even tastier. Tesco dropped it, and now Morrisons and Iceland have removed it from thier shelves. Anyone used it and know of a similar alternative?

https://mysupermarkets.uk/wp-content/uploads/thumbs_dir/branston-tomato-red-pepper-relish-350g-1-oxgjtmr4sxekmoyaenbo9vn3e3ww41hpw4fonqfn2g.jpeg

There are burger relishes, I make my own burgers (out of brisket from cow) and use Morrisons own tomato burger relish, you can get red peppers in a jar too, I buy them. Chop ‘em  up and put them on top

1 hour ago, robinmasters said:

First proper sunny weekend has brought out a load of bellends. Do these people hibernate in the winter?

Motorbikelists. And they are ALL driving past our house, throttle pinned open, unsilenced exhausts preventing rational thought let alone conversation. 

I've no quarrel with bikers, it looks like good fun, but why does it have to be so feckin loud?

On 4/15/2022 at 8:25 PM, mitsisigma01 said:

Did he even make allowances for all Ed China's labour ....🤔

No, never!

watch the one where he fixes the merkedez SLK, if I remember correctly he says nothing about the exhaust which appears to be new, something to to with the steering rack and a front fog light…

absolute fucking wanker he is

1 hour ago, carburettor said:

No, never!

watch the one where he fixes the merkedez SLK, if I remember correctly he says nothing about the exhaust which appears to be new, something to to with the steering rack and a front fog light…

“Would you buy a used car from this man?”

6 hours ago, carburettor said:

No, never!

I remember they did up an Impreza WRX. New clutch alone took Ed 8 hours but Brewer proudly announced they’d made £200. No, you lost at least £1000.

A good show would be Ed, Fuzz Townsend, and Will from Flipping Bangers.  Small garage, hand tools only and each week they buy the shittest heap on ebay for £250 or less and do it up.  Once done they auction it off through Autoshite to guarantee appreciative winners.

probably the best way to see a 1992 dented Corolla get some love.  I’d watch it for sure

I picked up edd china's autobiography from @AnthonyG's box of goodies at the FoD on Saturday and he said they filmed 5/6 handover shots with Mike in a day, then he buggared off for a few weeks whilst the work was done. Apparently from an entire season of WD they were together for maybe a day or so.

(read the book now, anyone want it for postage before I drop it into a charity shop in the week?) 

10 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I picked up edd china's autobiography from @AnthonyG's box of goodies at the FoD on Saturday and he said they filmed 5/6 handover shots with Mike in a day, then he buggared off for a few weeks whilst the work was done. Apparently from an entire season of WD they were together for maybe a day or so.

(read the book now, anyone want it for postage before I drop it into a charity shop in the week?) 

Ooooh dibs. 

AS book club?

I'm a bit picky about car tube content. Bad Chad obvs is talented, but there's still too little actual doing of stuff. Fitzee's fabrication is better. Tavarish showed promise but i got bored with supercars and him farming most work out to people who knew what they were doing, and then did their stuff off camera.

Edd is the exception with the workshop diaries. Yes, i will happily watch him drill out recalcitrant snapped off studs, or Paul blasting two V12 heads clean, even if they are going into an effing coffee table. Viewer's questions is a bit lame though, but sometimes opens up an interesting subject. China does know his stuff and explains any theory well, and demonstrates better.

When you know you've been had but there's nothing you can do about it 

Sold an inflatable chair with a compressor on ebay , guy paid full price even though best offer was available

Gets it , says the battery pack doesn't hold a charge , a new pack is £70 so I agree to pay for a new battery , he send me the invoice so I have proof of a new battery 

Doesn't work mate , it won't deflate , I want to send it back 

I get it back and it doesn't deflate because its a safety feature if the battery isn't fully charged so you don't end up stuck in the bath 

The reason the battery isn't fully charged is neither of them will hold a charge so it looks like matey boy now has a new battery for his chair for free and I've got two fucked ones 

23 hours ago, Parky said:

A good show would be Ed, Fuzz Townsend, and Will from Flipping Bangers.  Small garage, hand tools only and each week they buy the shittest heap on ebay for £250 or less and do it up.  Once done they auction it off through Autoshite to guarantee appreciative winners.

probably the best way to see a 1992 dented Corolla get some love.  I’d watch it for sure

A better one would be Ed China doing something banal each week like changing a clutch on a Civic in a communal car park of a really rough estate in Middlesbrough with nothing more than some imperial spanners borrowed from next door while the chorus in the background is dogs barking incessantly and people talking bollocks in the background.

The Fuzz bit could follow him round doing work on cars for free for people ripped off by expensive £40 an hour garage fees. In this weeks episode he fits some trailing arms to a Focus for £11 after the owner had scandalously been quoted £200 meaning he was unable to pay his Sky subscription. Afterwards Dom goes round to the garage for a settler with the garage proprietor with a camera crew of 14  while he’s out for dinner with his family on a Sunday. 

Meanwhile Mike gets mixed up in a caper down at the car auction. He’s committed to buy 4 ex Chubb Renault Megane estates at BCA but the cheque has bounced so the viewers get to sit through him sitting on hold for 3 hours trying to find a credit card with a big enough limit to complete the purchase.

Finally the guys from Flipping Bangers set up a business after taking a second charge on their mortgage A framing cars across country behind a Rover 114D with a sideline in a mobile diagnostics service using an FCR from Lidl. 

22 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Yes please…..

Google Maps & Waze.

Went to visit granddaughter and new great-granddaughter in Northallerton yesterday.

Sunday I looked her address up on Google maps (on a laptop).  It struggled to find her address, which admittedly is a bit odd.  Got near enough in the end.

Tried to send it to my phone, which it failed miserably to do.  It sent it to my email though.

When I opened it, it had changed the rout from the one of three it had shown.

Tried Waze and it only wanted to travel by the A19, which I wasn't keen on with it being bank holiday.

Yesterday morning Google managed to send the map to my phone, looked OK.

When it came time to set off, it too had reverted to A19.

I told daughter (she was driving) to ignore it but she would try her phone.  It too insisted on A19, talked her into A1 instead.  GM wanted to transit Darlington town centre when there was a better option by leaving at Leaming Bar.  Daughter cleverly missed the exit and we added another thirty miles to the journey.

Then it announced that we had arrived, at an estate agent in the middle of the high street :(

I woke up Waze again the took us to the proper destination.

Returning later, Waze would accept no input as the car was moving (sensible if I had been driving) so daughter would return the way we came but thought that she had seen a sign for the A1.  None of us saw that although there was one for the A19 that she wouldn't take, carried on for a further ten miles or so, somewhat lost.

Took another sign for the A19.  All well and good but looking at it later, we passed the original sign for the A19 after adding another 25 miles to the journey.

I think my 20-oddd year old never registered, never updated satnav would have made it with less hassle.

If only it had been in the car.

These fucking headphones

image.thumb.png.85c2aa76fdd6dbfe6da8caedd7bf90e0.png

Sony MDR-ZX310 is the model and they are not fit for purpose. 

This is the 8th pair I've had in about 6 years and they've just failed today, bought just over a year ago.

They always fail in exactly the same way. The insulation chafes and the wires become exposed and break. 

When I bought this pair I tried wrapping electrical tape along the flex but one ear has just stopped working and upon removing the tape exactly the same thing has happened. 

It's a real shame because I have found this model is the most comfortable headphones with the best sound quality for the price. I just wish they'd use better quality insulation. 

Grump over, off I go shopping for another pair :(

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

These fucking headphones

image.thumb.png.85c2aa76fdd6dbfe6da8caedd7bf90e0.png

Sony MDR-ZX310 is the model and they are not fit for purpose. 

This is the 8th pair I've had in about 6 years and they've just failed today, bought just over a year ago.

They always fail in exactly the same way. The insulation chafes and the wires become exposed and break. 

When I bought this pair I tried wrapping electrical tape along the flex but one ear has just stopped working and upon removing the tape exactly the same thing has happened. 

It's a real shame because I have found this model is the most comfortable headphones with the best sound quality for the price. I just wish they'd use better quality insulation. 

Grump over, off I go shopping for another pair :(

I’ve had a pair of those for a few years and they were fine until the kids stood on them a fortnight ago.

2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I’ve had a pair of those for a few years and they were fine until the kids stood on them a fortnight ago.

I do use them almost everyday to be fair, but still expect them to last longer. Its a real shame because they are really good otherwise. I'll try cutting the flex and reattaching the wires somehow but dont think it'll work

3 hours ago, myglaren said:

Google Maps & Waze.

Went to visit granddaughter and new great-granddaughter in Northallerton yesterday.

Sunday I looked her address up on Google maps (on a laptop).  It struggled to find her address, which admittedly is a bit odd.  Got near enough in the end.

Tried to send it to my phone, which it failed miserably to do.  It sent it to my email though.

When I opened it, it had changed the rout from the one of three it had shown.

Tried Waze and it only wanted to travel by the A19, which I wasn't keen on with it being bank holiday.

Yesterday morning Google managed to send the map to my phone, looked OK.

When it came time to set off, it too had reverted to A19.

I told daughter (she was driving) to ignore it but she would try her phone.  It too insisted on A19, talked her into A1 instead.  GM wanted to transit Darlington town centre when there was a better option by leaving at Leaming Bar.  Daughter cleverly missed the exit and we added another thirty miles to the journey.

Then it announced that we had arrived, at an estate agent in the middle of the high street :(

I woke up Waze again the took us to the proper destination.

Returning later, Waze would accept no input as the car was moving (sensible if I had been driving) so daughter would return the way we came but thought that she had seen a sign for the A1.  None of us saw that although there was one for the A19 that she wouldn't take, carried on for a further ten miles or so, somewhat lost.

Took another sign for the A19.  All well and good but looking at it later, we passed the original sign for the A19 after adding another 25 miles to the journey.

I think my 20-oddd year old never registered, never updated satnav would have made it with less hassle.

If only it had been in the car.

Google Maps is being a pain for me too. When I was out visiting @Flat4 and @big_al_granvia it took me into some odd places before shutting up and coming back on trying to take me further north back to Largs. 😂

2 minutes ago, JMotor said:

Google maps has nearly caused a few "nearly flingin the phone tae fuck oot the winda" moments for me as well.

Handy most of the time. But there is always that one time!  

I drove round in circles up in Glasgow because there was two streets almost side by side and I wanted the second one but the sat nav kept telling me to go left so I kept going round about three times until it clicked in my head... 🤣