The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I was talking to a lovely couple the run a campsite. It's on an active farm, they opened up about 3 or 4 years ago - Last summer in particular they had a load of issues with people just letting their young kids just wander around unsupervised, wandering off up the lane, climbing fences etc and going onto their farm, into the barns etc. It was an accident waiting to happen, so this year they decided to open up for adults only. 

They've only been open a ten days but already they have been getting loads of grief from shithead entitled parents who feel personally discriminated against by this policy - Apparently it's got to the point where they have been considering just knocking the whole thing in the head.

edit: not all parents are entitled shitheads, I must be clear!

Decided to inspect the loose plank on the toy bridge in the garden , u guess the rest , yep , all planks off , rusty nails replaced with proper plank screws , 5 planks need replacing , and then stain it all .

i’ve been busy in the garage this afternoon, but all of a sudden the power went off.

i turned around to see 

4E0CA915-9EF3-4068-A019-31E6E03278F7.thumb.jpeg.6183491caf68e4755700cb836779d044.jpeg

it’s not the best pic but smoke was pishing out of the welder (which i’d left switched on to cool down and had been idle for a good ten mins)

i casually* unplugged it and moved it outside, set it down in the yard and blew the now visible flames out.

after a good cool down, i popped the lid off

DAA6D971-436D-4048-8935-5E5E8F907332.thumb.jpeg.74e1e5c935f3726501950959bba59a11.jpeg

aye, that’s not so good

E36460F3-FFA3-408F-8BD9-0A7BB2930717.thumb.jpeg.9580cd751662c601a131eb7ae9ef29d2.jpeg

glad i hadn’t gone in the house for a coffee, could have been nasty :( 

at least it’s just the fan, hopefully should be easy enough to replace 

On 10/04/2022 at 08:04, grogee said:

Same. We're going to Think Tank in Birmingham during Easter hols. Mrs Grogee wanted to take master Grogee on the train, for a change/something different. 

Price for the three of us not including parking: £60 (Leamington Spa to New Street return).

It'll be cheaper to drive the Saab there and back even with OMGFUELPRICES and 25mpg. 

Pretty sure Think Tank is inside the "Clean* Air Zone".  Is the Saab pez or THEFUELOFSATAN?

Royally pissed off with an eBay seller at the moment

Ordered the PAS pump and pipes for the Focus early last week, they arrived Friday, except the union nut was missing. 

No problem, these things happens, sometimes orders get mixed up or parts lost during packing etc

Emailed straight away on Friday asking for the nut to be sent ASAP as I had it all planned perfectly to fit it all on my (rare) day off this coming Tues or Weds. 

No response Friday or Saturday, sent another message this morning, again no response. Tried phoning them, they won't talk about it over the phone. 

So thats coming up 4 days they've left me waiting for a SINGLE FUCKING RESPONSE to say whether they have the part and are going to send it or its out of stock, here's a partial refund to purchase elsewhere. 

I would have ordered one elsewhere but I really don't want to use someone else's part as it was a kit and should it start leaking further down the line it'll obviously be the other seller's union at fault 🙄

So because some simpleton can't do their fucking job and answer a simple message with a yes or no that's completely fucked my plans up and now has a knock on effect. 

I wanted to fit it all, use it for a couple of weeks, stick it through an MOT and sort anything out it needs for that then stick it up for sale. 

Now if the PAS pump or pipe shits itself between now and my next annual leave I need to tax and transfer insurance over to Focus #1

All this hassle because of A SINGLE FUCKING UNION NUT and someone who can't do their job and spend 30 seconds responding to an email to keep me out of limbo. 

Get to fuck. Suitable negative feedback will be left unless they by miracle sort it out tomorrow

image.thumb.png.4a9da02f1645689bfa06737a282b13ac.png

^^^^^ the source of all my grumpiness. A single fucking union nut

Rant over, and yes I know there are bigger problems in the world at the moment but it really boils my piss when someone is incapable of doing their job

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Don’t think I’ll have this for lunch! Have raised an issue with ocado.

467D0C07-95E6-415B-AADC-455B970817FD.jpeg

I bet the flavour would be a lot richer* now. Also, where did they dig up 'unearthed' from to suggest wholesome food that's not a potato or root vegetable?

10 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Similar experience with a pot of yoghurt purchased from Lidl 2 days before :(

876185273_IMG-3a188120a68395bbd4f55c8706b98a84-V2.thumb.jpg.6130678af64ba5fa9d139b43384a589d.jpg

I don't buy Milk or Fruit (especially apples) from our local Lidl anymore. Milk turns to cottage cheese within 2 days of opening (if I'm lucky) and it's russian roulette whether or not I'm going to bite into putrid mush.

I swear they must leave the stuff round the back under a patio heater or something. 

27 minutes ago, Gerrymcd said:

I don't buy Milk or Fruit (especially apples) from our local Lidl anymore. Milk turns to cottage cheese within 2 days of opening (if I'm lucky) and it's russian roulette whether or not I'm going to bite into putrid mush.

I swear they must leave the stuff round the back under a patio heater or something. 

Supermarket fruit in general seems to go from rock hard to overripe mush in about 12 hours. It could be the day you buy it or 5days time, you can’t tell. I wouldn’t say Lidl are any better or worse than the others. It’s just transporting stuff half way round the world that does it.

I have similar with ALDI, to the point I don't buy any fresh things there anymore and walk into town instead. 

Guess you can't pile high and sell cheap everything even if they try. I hadn't been big shopping for a good few months until the other day and everything had gone up quite alot even in aldi

14 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

Supermarket fruit in general seems to go from rock hard to overripe mush in about 12 hours. It could be the day you buy it or 5days time, you can’t tell. I wouldn’t say Lidl are any better or worse than the others. It’s just transporting stuff half way round the world that does it.

Oh I get where you're coming from man, but the local Lidl is terrible, which is why I'm assuming it a local environmental or even handling issue for the local store.  I'll buy from other Lidls just not here!

1 hour ago, Gerrymcd said:

That's strange there's a  variation, Lidl fresh food from my local store usually lasts an age and apples are still crunchy after a week, bananas only turn completely brown after a week or so too. 

My local Lidl was a brand new store a couple of years ago, not sure if that would make a difference (new management, fresh in the mind food safety training etc) 🤷‍♂️

My shopping is predominantly from Aldi and Lidl and I have found them to be as good or better than Sainsburys, ASDA and Morrisons.

I do get the odd bad orange/plum/tomato in a pack but it is really my fault for failing to check them when I pick them up, just scoop them into a trolley.

Today's grump is the bloody mobile phone.  Picked it up to see if there were any messages and it rang 999.  Just from being picked up.

Lots of Anger towards Morrisons - the Widnes branch - but not from me. Widnes has always had free parking - however the retail park of which Morrisons is a part changed hands last year. Pay and display meters have been installed. Euro car parks are running it.

So it isn't down to Morrisons - or Halton borough council - but the new owners.

The shops in Widnes are pretty poor - free parking softened the blow - now this will kill it off. People would come from Warrington and St Helens to shop.

But not any more.

58 minutes ago, myglaren said:

My shopping is predominantly from Aldi and Lidl and I have found them to be as good or better than Sainsburys, ASDA and Morrisons.

I do get the odd bad orange/plum/tomato in a pack but it is really my fault for failing to check them when I pick them up, just scoop them into a trolley.

Today's grump is the bloody mobile phone.  Picked it up to see if there were any messages and it rang 999.  Just from being picked up.

Ironically , Lidl and Aldi seem to have more British sourced veg than the others do. Obviously fruit has to be imported in most cases , so that’s a different matter.

15 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Don’t think I’ll have this for lunch! Have raised an issue with ocado.

467D0C07-95E6-415B-AADC-455B970817FD.jpeg

Lay's (US version of Walker's) recently started putting the year in the sell-by after people complained. They're the kind of thing that sit on the shelf for a good while and don't get rotated because rotating bags of crisps is a pain.

However, the refrigerated stuff should be handled correctly- they have everything in place to keep it cool every step of the journey. 

That's most likely the 3am staff not giving a hoot, sadly. 

Something something pay rise (though the argument stands that they'd be getting more money and still not giving a damn)

21 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

They refunded me this morning.

I'm assuming that it was from an online order then? Asda have been pretty good for me on a few occasions when items have arrived damaged and refunded the same evening. 

I decided it wouldn't be worth my while going on a 20 minute/10 mile round trip to retrieve my 79p refund and make a complaint* 

The drain was treated with it instead!

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I'm assuming that it was from an online order then? Asda have been pretty good for me on a few occasions when items have arrived damaged and refunded the same evening. 

I decided it wouldn't be worth my while going on a 20 minute/10 mile round trip to retrieve my 79p refund and make a complaint* 

The drain was treated with it instead!

Yes, ocado delivery last Wednesday.  I wouldn’t have bothered traveling to return it.

8 hours ago, Bren said:

Lots of Anger towards Morrisons - the Widnes branch - but not from me. Widnes has always had free parking - however the retail park of which Morrisons is a part changed hands last year. Pay and display meters have been installed. Euro car parks are running it.

So it isn't down to Morrisons - or Halton borough council - but the new owners.

The shops in Widnes are pretty poor - free parking softened the blow - now this will kill it off. People would come from Warrington and St Helens to shop.

But not any more.

It's the same in Ayr. Cheap parking is getting closed (multi storey car park) and cheap/free parking is becoming dearer if you want to go into the high street. Couple that with the rates of buildings and rent since it's almost a monopoly of a small amount of landlords and you don't have to think long as to why it's basically a flipping ghost town besides vape shops, totally not-dodgy* mobile phone shops, and charity shops.

Do we have a 'Trusted products you can't get anymore (shite or non-shite) thread? If so, I can't find it.

That's not the grump though. Mrs J sometimes makes burgers from fresh turkey mince. We like dollops of Branston Hot Dog Relish with them to make them edible even tastier. Tesco dropped it, and now Morrisons and Iceland have removed it from thier shelves. Anyone used it and know of a similar alternative?

https://mysupermarkets.uk/wp-content/uploads/thumbs_dir/branston-tomato-red-pepper-relish-350g-1-oxgjtmr4sxekmoyaenbo9vn3e3ww41hpw4fonqfn2g.jpeg

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Yes, ocado delivery last Wednesday.  I wouldn’t have bothered traveling to return it.

Just chucked it out in the food bin. However I don’t think it was Ocado’s fault as there was a gap in the glue sealing the pack so there was a very small air gap.